[Q] Note 3 MJ5 Bootloop, what do i do?

Search This thread

Zenoah

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
I was experiencing problems with my rooted mj5 so i used that popular thread on how to revert to stock mj5. Everything went smooth, but im still having the bootloop problems. The custom lock logo is gone on bootup so i know its true stock mj5 now, but my loader hangs on the ATT animation logo for a bit then keeps restarting. This process goes on and off for a few times until it manages to pull itself through. Should i call ATT for a replacement or is this fixable?

Zenoah

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Went into recovery mode and cleared cach - didnt work
Went into recovery mode and did a factory reset - didnt work
f*ck.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Did you flash the 2400258.zip file in the stock recovery?

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Zenoah

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Do a factory reset

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

As i stated above the factory reset does not work. I noticed the main problem was coming from the sd card slot. It doesnt matter what sd card is in there, it will cause the phone to lose signal and enter a weird bootloop. A few hours ago i re installed mj5 and did every step to get a 100% new stock again. The 16gb and 32gb class 10 sd card will cause my phone problems. The main problems are bootloops and if i go to make a call, the service bar will turn to an O with a slash until i end the call so i can not call anyone while my sd card is installed.

Zenoah

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Im considering just updating to kitkat and if it has problems from there then i know the phone has hardware issues, then off to AT&T it goes...