[MOD, ICS] Incredible battery life for ICS ROMs

Search This thread

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
Hi Guys

Well, after witnessing incredible battery life on latest HebMIUI (mostly taken from Pimp My ROM and Adrenaline Injector), I decided to make a flashable for the rest of the ICS ROMs we have here.
I must say I also use the LB6 modem which is known to give good battery life, so you are advised to install it too, but, it's your call.

I also add here AutomateIt app, which lets you decide what the device will do for certain events (open/close wifi/3G/4G/screen/charge etc.) which you can utilize to save battery life.

links to modem & sources:
SGH-T959W LB6 modem
HebMIUI ROM
PimpMyROM
Adrenaline Injector
AutomateIt

I take no responsibility for any damage claimed.
Tested on MIUI, AOKP.
Make a nandroid backup and flash it via CWM/TWRP.
Let it soak in for 1-2 days and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• batt_mode_v1.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 794
Last edited:

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
i'll try it later.

Currently (CM9 latest rel), Sitting on a desk with full 4G on a 2300 mAh battery, I get about 2-3 days of usage. Plus a few calls and texts.
At school in and out of e, 4g, and deadzone, I get down to ~65%. Then I need to reboot to stabilize or else it will continue to drain at the rate and I'll be dead by the end of the day.

LB6 did nothing for my battery life but I was getting incredibly slow data, so I reverted to KJ4.

I am thinking of padding KC1 and trying it.

pisherthefisher

Jan 1, 2012
Has anyone figured out how to not make the phones battery drain overnight? For me if I leave it unplugged overnight it goes down around 20-30%. I've heard that you can use the app setcpu to underclock the phone when the screen is off. Has anyone ever tried this with our phone?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

th3controller

May 21, 2012
New York
Has anyone figured out how to not make the phones battery drain overnight? For me if I leave it unplugged overnight it goes down around 20-30%. I've heard that you can use the app setcpu to underclock the phone when the screen is off. Has anyone ever tried this with our phone?

Yes, SetCPU has wonderful profile modes!

You'll never regret buying SetCPU!

Last edited:

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
Installing lightening zap kernel will revert tweaks offered here. Please consider my previous post suggestions.

sent from me

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
Your phone should be *sleeping* most of the time when you're not using it. CPU speed is irrelevant when sleeping. BBS is the best tool for figuring out why it isn't sleeping.

You might also look at Better WiFi On/Off.

Posted from my SGS4G, thanks to Team Acid development

Reactions: pisherthefisher

jigglynuts

Jan 21, 2011
Cincinnati
BetterBatteryStats. Its free for xda members but I highly recommend supporting the dev. BBS is awesome

Rebel_X

Aug 13, 2011
Oak Lawn, IL
hm, After I flashed this, whenever I tap on the "(i)" in the news and weather app that
comes with CM9 to see the temperatures for the day, it gives me a message that the
app stopped working and closes..

It might not have to do with this battery mod, but I am trying a process of elimination to pinpoint the culprit..

Would you confirm please if the News & Weather app works after you tap "(i)" in the top right corner?

Thanks..

Edit: I forgot to mention that I tried fixing permission, clearing cache & dalvik cache, but same results..

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
Hi

the only relevance to this app could be from the system\etc\init.d\S70darky_zipalign script.
Try with and without it and see if it helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys

Well, after witnessing incredible battery life on latest HebMIUI (mostly taken from Pimp My ROM and Adrenaline Injector), I decided to make a flashable for the rest of the ICS ROMs we have here.
    I must say I also use the LB6 modem which is known to give good battery life, so you are advised to install it too, but, it's your call.

I also add here AutomateIt app, which lets you decide what the device will do for certain events (open/close wifi/3G/4G/screen/charge etc.) which you can utilize to save battery life.

links to modem & sources:
    SGH-T959W LB6 modem
    HebMIUI ROM
    PimpMyROM
    Adrenaline Injector
    AutomateIt

I take no responsibility for any damage claimed.
    Tested on MIUI, AOKP.
    Make a nandroid backup and flash it via CWM/TWRP.
    Let it soak in for 1-2 days and let me know what you think.
    HebMIUI (MIUI is a battery killer ROM for us, unlike CM9 for example) extensive usage, no auto brightness,over 2 hours of open screen, more than a day usage, mostly with WiFi on (~20 hours) no sleep, 9% left.

sent from me
    just wanted to chime in about this battery mod.. I've finally started trying out the CM9/MTD roms this week, and have noticed that battery life hasn't been as good as the GB roms.

Tried plain CM9, RemICS, and Ultragen. Each one seems to get me about the same battery life, which was significantly less than when I was on GB. I noticed that the phone doesn't seem to want to stay in a deep sleep for very long, even when left alone the whole night, which probably has something to do with it.

Anyway, I noticed some of these roms have their own set of init.d files, so I swapped them over on ultragen to see if it would make a difference. Not much really.

So I flashed the OP's zip last night and let the battery charge to 100% and then unplugged the phone about an hour before I went to bed. In 9+ hours, it only lost about 6% of the battery life. Now we're talking.

it's been 18.5 hours so far, and I'm sitting right at 70% battery left. I had a couple of short calls today, checked email a couple of times, and was on the net for a couple of minutes looking for reviews on a blue-ray player. Yeah, it's light use, but this the best I've seen so far since switching to an ICS rom.
    Yes. ROM name was set to Batt_MOD instead.
    Installed on aokp, on boot I get a process is not responding. After that it is fine and so far great battery usage.