[ROM][SM-G900X] Custom Firmware for SM-G900X Live Demo Unit

Search This thread

iorya984

Jul 26, 2010
Hello to you guys,
with this thread I wanna help people who get a Live Demo Unit of Galaxy S5 and wanna "unlock" it, removing Retail Mode and getting an official firmware on it. A Live Demo Unit is recognizable cause the phone has an "X" after the "SM-G900" signature.
Before start explain, I wanna remember to all that with a Live Demo Unit YOU CAN'T DO PHONE CALLS or TEXT MESSAGING due to its nature. So, this custom friwmare will transform your Live Demo Unit in a beautiful and complete Galaxy S5 "WiFi Version" ;).

Ok, lets do this!

What you need for a great job is:

• Samsung USB Drivers on your PC

• Firwmare of your country. You can get it form sammobile.com. I've done this with the G900F version and I've tested only with it but I think this kind of guide works for all devices. Be sure to download the correct Firmware of your device!!

Do this AT YOUR OWN RISK!! If you're not sure to have understand something, please do not go any further.
Ok, so let's start to explain what to do. If you'll follow step by step this procedure, you'll reach the goal for sure ;)

First, I think is better to do a good and complete backup of your actual firmware and system. To do that follow those steps:
  • Install Samsung USB driver in your PC (if you don't have it already). Be sure that the phone is visible by your PC.
  • Turn off the device and go into Download mode (pressing VolDown+Home+Power).
  • Open Odin and connect your device to the PC.
  • Now flash the TWRP Recovery (select "AP" voice on Odin and choose TWRP .tar file you have already downloaded)
  • Ok, now you can do a Nandroid backup of your entire phone, including system, with Recovery. So, turn off the device and go into Recovery, then choose "Backup" and flag ALL the voices (so you'll be sure to backup all). Save it in external MicroSD so you can get it simply if you need it.

After the complete backup, it's time to "prepare" the custom firmware:
  • Install cgywin (for a complete guide for How To Install this program, Google it)
  • Download the right firmware for your device
  • Once file is downloaded you will have something looking like this G900FXXU1ANCE_G900FITV1ANC7_ITV (this is the one I've used)
  • Extract the .zip file to get an .md5
  • Rename it with like ldu900x.tar
  • Go into the folder were you've install cgywin and put the ldu900x.tar here
  • Now, launch cgywin.exe and type those command
    • $ tar --delete --file=ldu900x.tar NON-HLOS.bin
    • $ tar --delete --file=ldu900x.tar modem.bin
After that, the ldu900x should have only those files on it:
- boot.img
- cache.img.ext4
- hidden.img.ext4
- recovery.img
- system.img.ext4

If there are other files that are not those I've checked above, please delete them using the command $ tar --delete --file=samrom.tar FileName on cgywin as explained. The final .tar file gotta have only those 5 files I've listed above.

Once the final ldu900x.tar is ready, you can flash it with Odin.
Before the flash, use TWRP for a TOTAL WIPE of the device (including system but do not wipe the extSDcard). This is for to be sure that the device will be ready for a good and clear flash.

After the flash with Odin, reflash the TWRP Recovery (following the steps above) so you can do other backup or restore the old firmware if you need it.

Hope this guide can help all the guys who need to use their LDU completely (excluding calls and SMS as said). Personally my LDU doesn't have Private Mode, Finger Scanner, S-Health, UltraPowerSavingMode and other stuff, but with this "custom" firmware made by myself, now works ALL! :victory:

Bugs: The only thing that does not work here is the upgrading of SHealth Services that does not allow to upgrade it to SHealth 3.1 version. If anyone know how to solve this I appreciate :)

Thank you guys for your support and thanks to:
@Dees_Troy for TWRP
@Sirus2012 for have opened the way
@jopa7 for suggestions

Fell free to offer me a beer (or a meat can for my 5 cats ;) )
Have a good flash to all! :D

Last edited:

bjc112

Nov 19, 2012
Got pumped when I saw rom.... Been waiting for aosp Lol...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jopa7

Apr 13, 2012
Great work :), pm you to send you a beer! You could upload the tar to somewhere and put here the link.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC One max using xda app-developers app

iorya984

Jul 26, 2010
Thank you guys! Sorry for give you an illusion of a SUPERPOWERFUL ROM :D @jopa7 I'm uploading it on my Dropbox. If you give me your email I can share it to you!

Reactions: bjc112

jopa7

Apr 13, 2012
Thank you guys! Sorry for give you an illusion of a SUPERPOWERFUL ROM :D @jopa7 I'm uploading it on my Dropbox. If you give me your email I can share it to you!

You can install a superpower rom, mate. Install omega with omega kernel after root with chain CF auto root and install TRWP. Install latest omega zip via trwp chosing omega kernel too. You will get 37000 antutu score or more :). By the way, GPS signal works

iorya984

Jul 26, 2010
You can install a superpower rom, mate. Install omega with omega kernel after root with chain CF auto root and install TRWP. Install latest omega zip via trwp chosing omega kernel too. You will get 37000 antutu score or more :). By the way, GPS signal works

Jopa7 are you talking about to flash Omega Rom on LDU? Did you do that?

gzincu

May 4, 2014
Question

hello to everybody, i have a question, i have an s5 ldu and when i enter those commands in cygwin says that those files doesnt exist in the archive but that's not true, some help? TY:silly:

shebi

Feb 23, 2005
hello to everybody, i have a question, i have an s5 ldu and when i enter those commands in cygwin says that those files doesnt exist in the archive but that's not true, some help? TY:silly:

I was having same problem and then I downloaded Ubuntu live cd to delete those files

You will have to use terminal for that

Or you can pm author of this thread for precompiled version

gzincu

May 4, 2014
help

He doesn't seem to be active on this forum, i would be very happy if you cand send to me the precompiled archive. Thanks alot!

aaa82

May 8, 2014
Proper Tutorial

Hi all and thank you for this great tutorial. How did you manage to get the gps to work? It shows it's searching for gps signal but never gets it... did you flash a certain modem file?
Anyone get S health to work??

Thank all!!!

gzincu

May 4, 2014
hello

thankyou for the precompiled files, i am a boot, i dont know what to do exactly, where i have to add the ldu900x.tar in odin? BL, AP,CP or CSC?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to you guys,
    with this thread I wanna help people who get a Live Demo Unit of Galaxy S5 and wanna "unlock" it, removing Retail Mode and getting an official firmware on it. A Live Demo Unit is recognizable cause the phone has an "X" after the "SM-G900" signature.
    Before start explain, I wanna remember to all that with a Live Demo Unit YOU CAN'T DO PHONE CALLS or TEXT MESSAGING due to its nature. So, this custom friwmare will transform your Live Demo Unit in a beautiful and complete Galaxy S5 "WiFi Version" ;).

Ok, lets do this!

What you need for a great job is:

• Samsung USB Drivers on your PC

• Firwmare of your country. You can get it form sammobile.com. I've done this with the G900F version and I've tested only with it but I think this kind of guide works for all devices. Be sure to download the correct Firmware of your device!!

Do this AT YOUR OWN RISK!! If you're not sure to have understand something, please do not go any further.
    Ok, so let's start to explain what to do. If you'll follow step by step this procedure, you'll reach the goal for sure ;)

First, I think is better to do a good and complete backup of your actual firmware and system. To do that follow those steps:
    • Install Samsung USB driver in your PC (if you don't have it already). Be sure that the phone is visible by your PC.
    • Turn off the device and go into Download mode (pressing VolDown+Home+Power).
    • Open Odin and connect your device to the PC.
    • Now flash the TWRP Recovery (select "AP" voice on Odin and choose TWRP .tar file you have already downloaded)
    • Ok, now you can do a Nandroid backup of your entire phone, including system, with Recovery. So, turn off the device and go into Recovery, then choose "Backup" and flag ALL the voices (so you'll be sure to backup all). Save it in external MicroSD so you can get it simply if you need it.

After the complete backup, it's time to "prepare" the custom firmware:
    • Install cgywin (for a complete guide for How To Install this program, Google it)
    • Download the right firmware for your device
    • Once file is downloaded you will have something looking like this G900FXXU1ANCE_G900FITV1ANC7_ITV (this is the one I've used)
    • Extract the .zip file to get an .md5
    • Rename it with like ldu900x.tar
    • Go into the folder were you've install cgywin and put the ldu900x.tar here
    • Now, launch cgywin.exe and type those command
      • $ tar --delete --file=ldu900x.tar NON-HLOS.bin
      • $ tar --delete --file=ldu900x.tar modem.bin
    After that, the ldu900x should have only those files on it:
    - boot.img
    - cache.img.ext4
    - hidden.img.ext4
    - recovery.img
    - system.img.ext4

If there are other files that are not those I've checked above, please delete them using the command $ tar --delete --file=samrom.tar FileName on cgywin as explained. The final .tar file gotta have only those 5 files I've listed above.

Once the final ldu900x.tar is ready, you can flash it with Odin.
    Before the flash, use TWRP for a TOTAL WIPE of the device (including system but do not wipe the extSDcard). This is for to be sure that the device will be ready for a good and clear flash.

After the flash with Odin, reflash the TWRP Recovery (following the steps above) so you can do other backup or restore the old firmware if you need it.

Hope this guide can help all the guys who need to use their LDU completely (excluding calls and SMS as said). Personally my LDU doesn't have Private Mode, Finger Scanner, S-Health, UltraPowerSavingMode and other stuff, but with this "custom" firmware made by myself, now works ALL! :victory:

Bugs: The only thing that does not work here is the upgrading of SHealth Services that does not allow to upgrade it to SHealth 3.1 version. If anyone know how to solve this I appreciate :)

Thank you guys for your support and thanks to:
    @Dees_Troy for TWRP
    @Sirus2012 for have opened the way
    @jopa7 for suggestions

Fell free to offer me a beer (or a meat can for my 5 cats ;) )
    Have a good flash to all! :D
    Installing stock rom 4.4.2 Kit Kat and 5.0 Lollipop step by step

Installing the 4.4.2 kit kat original stock version follow the steps

My name is Junior and I'm from Brazil, São Paulo. Sorry for the English, I used the translator.
    Have tested both versions in my own g900xx successfully several times. Good luck and I hope it helps!
    This is my first post so sorry some mistake.

working all, no bugs, just does not make call and gps!

FILLES NEEDED:

1 -Stock Rom (any firmware) http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G900F/
    2 -Total Comander http://www.ghisler.com/amazons3.php
    3 -Odin v3.09 https://mega.co.nz/#!sVsnyTKD!3etp_ETWf8arx4Z078-TbOzt4CS06tFRgynsnUd3-30
    4 -PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyS5/CWM/Qualcomm/philz_touch_6.26.2-klte.tar.md5
    5 -Adam Kernel https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w7ovemdm37gitq/SM-G900F_Adam.Kernel.1.3.CWM.zip?dl=0
    6 - Root http://download.chainfire.eu/397/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip

STEPS:

1 -Download Adam Kernel and put sd card

2 -Unpack ROM using Total Commander and remove everything except these files:
    - boot.img
    - cache.img.ext4
    - hidden.img.ext4
    - recovery.img
    - system.img.ext4
    -Repack these files again with Total Commander in .tar formart and name it "ldu900x.tar"
    -Turn off your SM-G900X and go to Odin Mode Downloading... and flash it using Odin.

After that had been stuck here - http://galaxys5root.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/howto-unroot-galaxys5-13-690x450.jpg

3 - Turn off your SM-G900X and go to Odin Mode Downloading... and flash PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery
    4 - Boot into Galaxy S5 recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time.
    5 - choose option - Install Zip, after - choose zip from /storage/sdcard1 and flash Adam Kernel.
    6 - Full Wipe, wipe data/ factory reset AND Wipe cache Partition
    7 - Reboot System Now and enjoy!
    If you want to root, Turn off your SM-G900X and go to Odin Mode Downloading... and flash the file you downloaded CF Root.

You can install any custom rom 4.4.2 without problems.

Installing the 5.0 Lollipop original stock version follow the steps

working all, no bugs, just does not make call and gps!

FILLES NEEDED:

1 - Rom stock 5.0 pre compiled https://mega.co.nz/#!wMAizZjQ!fF4Y6gFOQk-tNLbyysfars_FefYoB_PzAqXpPKqAcbw
    2 - Odin v3.09 https://mega.co.nz/#!sVsnyTKD!3etp_ETWf8arx4Z078-TbOzt4CS06tFRgynsnUd3-30
    3 - PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyS5/CWM/Qualcomm/philz_touch_6.26.2-klte.tar.md5
    5 -Ktoonsez Kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2777835
    6 - Root http://download.chainfire.eu/397/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip
    STEPS:

1 - Download Ktoonsez Kernel and put sd card

2 - Turn off your SM-G900X and go to Odin Mode Downloading... and flash Rom stock 5.0 pre compiled "ldu900x.tar"
    3 - Turn off your SM-G900X and go to Odin Mode Downloading... and flash PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery
    4 - Boot into Galaxy S5 recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time.
    5 - choose option - Install Zip, after - choose zip from /storage/sdcard1 and flash Ktoonsez Kernel.
    6 - Full Wipe, wipe data/ factory reset AND Wipe cache Partition
    7 - Reboot System Now and enjoy!
    If you want to root, Turn off your SM-G900X and go to Odin Mode Downloading... and flash the file you downloaded CF Root.

give failure odin, test other versions that works.

The end.

By Junior Cardoso.
    Great tips!

You don't need twrp or cwm if you don't want to backup (and restore) the demo ROM. I installed a (modified) stock ROM without custom recovery and so without tripping the KNOX flag.
    The tar file I prepared completely without cygwin or such tools.
    You will just need a clever program that can handle archive files. I just used Total Commander, opened the TAR file, deleted the unwanted content and flashed it with ODIN (it seems to me at least 3.09 is needed).
    Good luck!

Thanks for your great post.I have now a proper working SM-G900F insted of SM-G900X
    For others who wish to follow the steps,
    1. use odin 3.09
    2.Download stock ROM SM-G900F
    3.Unpack ROM using Total Commander and remove everything except these files:
    - boot.img
    - cache.img.ext4
    - hidden.img.ext4
    - recovery.img
    - system.img.ext4
    4.Repack these files again with Total Commander in .tar formart and name it "ldu900x.tar"
    5.Turn off your SM-G900X and go to Odin Mode Downloading... and flash it using Odin.
    6. After resart make a factory restore to have everything. Even your Model number will be SM-G900F

Note: Sim will not work, but it will show/ask you to put a sim card.
    everything else works perfect.
    Good afternoon, thanks to the tutorial and everything they posted it here could upgrade my galaxy s5 which was in demonstration.
    Upgrade to lolipop without any problem and leave you ready to install files and tutorial on how to do:
    First of all drivers must have come with the kies program that can be downloaded from the official website of Samsung.

FILES NEEDED

1 - Rom stock 5.0 pre compiled https://mega.co.nz/#!gBhTlS6C!DLdxbV_YyMAXBVYwOyiTtG3-0NODX7t4dgd2lii-DLs
    2 - Odin v3.09 https://mega.co.nz/#!YZ52xIoS!a-EXHzOc2lf1KQ1aqlrt_LnF_l072vKjhthhg1c57zA
    3 - 6 philz Touch Recovery https://mega.co.nz/#!ZJhRjarI!MC8B8QGfLKb0tWwhX3OUz5Tf0_W1neNFO0ki25YduUU
    5 -Ktoonsez Kernel https://mega.co.nz/#!NJg0iJ7D!mny6wzQOGS-wfQw9bMDBFmDuEzhnWjw6_dFXqJN5-ZQ
    6 - Root https://mega.co.nz/#!BJwCVBpD!IA9LChMBFa4K5SeBDCaLa8xsYCVprYx61qqwtyNAsUU

AND HERE I leave a link to a folder with ALL FILES

https://mega.co.nz/#F!pRoyUTzK!pALImNrMQgS04-NklWfLeA

INSTRUCTIONS

1-Open Odin 3.09 and connect your phone to downloading mode, the AP option Odin select the file named "ldu900x.tar" and then select start, wait to finish and restart it took a little but when you load the Samsung logo You can remove the battery if you like.
    2- Reopen Odin and put your phone in downliading mode again and now flash the file called philz_touch_6.26.2-klte.tar.md5 in AP, this does not take long, waiting and ready to restart.
    3 Load a memory MiroSD the KT-SGS5-LP5.0-TW-G900-05.02.2015.zip file, enter the phone microsd, enter recovery mode, choose the option Instal Zip from sdcard 1 and select the file previously loaded, wait for it to install, return to menu and select wipe data factory reset and wipe cache partition, then select reboot and ready !.
    4- Finally if you want to have root access on your phone, put your phone back on now flash mode and downloading the file named CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5 wait for restart and ready.

With this we have a brand new galaxy s5 wifi, it is clear that it will never work to make calls or send messages but everything else works without any problems.
    I want to thank the user Junior Cardoso since I based on their tutorial, but I had to compile the rom stock because its link was dead.
    Excuse my bad English but use google translator. Greetings and will answer any doubt shortly.
    I request to download a file to free file storage :
    or any other FREE file sharing

PM your dropbox id or email