[UPDATED 7-11-2011][Theme][Sense UI] 99% complete / CM7 / aospCMod

Search This thread

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
THIS IS PROBABLY MY LAST UPDATE, AS THERE SEEMS TO BE NO FURTHER RESPONSE FROM THE COMMUNITY.THIS THEME IS NOW ZIPPED AND IS READY TO BE DOWNLOADED ALL IN ONE PACKAGE. Please refer to the readme file in the .zip folder for instructions. DOWNLOAD LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. DROPBOX LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED, IF IT *STILL* DOESN'T WORK, THE MIRROR DOES

Sorry I had to yell like that. :)

Changelog:

v1.0 First version
v1.0.1 Added free flipclock, and market links for convenience
v1.0.2 Added bootanimation
v1.0.3 Added HTC app: Calculator (requires ADB push)(Instructions below)
Added HTC app: Music
Added HTC app: Teeter
Added 25 Wallpapers (All included wallpapers are 640 x 480 in resolution)
v1.0.4 Added an icon pack, for those of you who aren't rooted and running CM7 / NTSense (courtesy of wwalczyszyn from DeviantArt)(Link to his page at the bottom)
Added Ringtones
Added Alarms
Added Notification Ringtones
Added general UI sounds (they aren't applied to anything in the theme, but they are there)
Added a bunch of Fonts
Added application: "Type Fresh" for installing fonts (root required)

v1.1.0 Added ~15 Sense Themed Clocks, courtesy of FactoryWidgets and DNSProject

Just a thought here....I've spent a bunch of time on this theme, between searching the vast interwebs for applications that work, to editing files, to theming apps and testing them, at least 60 hours of my life have been put into this project. I don't take donations or anything, so could you guys help spread the word to all of your friends so i don't feel like I did all of this for just a few people? Or at least hit the thank you button every now and then. I would appreciate that.

Alrighty fellas, I've compiled a theme together for pretty much any android device capable of running CM7, but since I created it on my Optimus V, I'll post it here.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY OF THE FILES USED IN THIS THEME, I SIMPLY COMBINED WHAT WAS AVAILABLE TO ME. Furthermore, a few of these apps are paid apps, and I cannot suppply those to you.

I'd like to give a big ol' thank you to AOSP for creating such a great base ROM to work with, nhnt11 for creating the themed menus and status bar, and the devs of all of the apps used in this project.

What is themed:

-Status Bar
-Notification Drawer
-The entire Launcher
-App Drawer
-Menus (including highlighted text)
-Widgets (Only "LP Sense UI widgets" "Toggles" and "Search" are themed)
-Keyboard
-Lockscreen
-Clock
-In-App Titles
-Boot Animation
-HTC app: Claculator
-HTC app: Music
-HTC app: Teeter
-Wallpapers / backgrounds
-Alarms
-Ringtones
-Icons
-Fonts

HOW TO FIX "ERROR INVALID_KEY" WITH FACEBOOK WIDGET
In order to get functionality from the Facebook widget back, as per THIS, you will need to uninstall the facebook app from your phone, then uninstall and reinstall LP sense ui app. From there, when you enter your credentials in the widget settings, it should work. After it is done synching and whatnot, you may reinstall Facebook app. It *should* work.

Step One

You are going to need to install a CM7 ROM with the Theme Chooser application if you want the status bar / menu themes to work. At this point, I'd like to give you this warning:

IT'S NOT MY FAULT IF YOU EFF UP YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE DOING THIS OF YOUR OWN ACCORD

#Step 1a (Skip if not rooted)

In order to install the fonts that I've included, you will need root access. There are two ways to install them: one through ADB, the other through a
market app, Type Fresh (included in the "app" folder) I feel it necessary to link to the original page for instructions. Here is the URL:

http://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2009/04/25/how-to-change-fonts-in-android/

Step Two

After installing the ROM, you will need to download NTSense, provided by nhnt11 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=970459

Just follow the instructions on the link provided.

Step Three

Now you will need to install LP Sense UI, provided at the bottom of this thread. THIS IS NOT THE PAID VERSION, IT IS THE REGULAR FREE VERSION, HOWEVER WIDGETS DO WORK.

You will need to set it up properly for it to work. Do the following:

From Homescreen:

Menu>Preferences>Sense Mod Configuration

Set Number of docks to "1"
Dock Background>Standard (be sure to press it, even though it is selected, or else it wont work properly)
Home button on app drawer "on"
Enable auto Rotation "off"

That should be it for the launcher. You can set other things how you like, I usually use "Rotate 2" as my transition, it looks great with the theme

Menu>Preferences>Homescreen Settings>Transition Effect> "Rotate 2"

Step Four

You will need to purchase "WidgetLocker" from the market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker
It is $1.99 USD, but it is worth it, it is helpful for many other themes and is great as a lockscreen in general.

be sure to open WidgetLocker from the app drawer to open it in edit or "Tool" mode.
FROM "TOOL MODE:"

Menu>Settings>Enable WidgetLocker

(Skip this if you don't have root) Menu>Settings>Advanced>Root Helper>Check All Boxes, set Autoswipe Pin/Password to "Auto"

Menu>Settings>Advanced>Check "Hide Notification Icon" and "Hide Interaction Warning"

Configure the rest how you prefer.

While you are in tool mode, long press every app, slider and widget and drag it to the trash bin at the bottom of the screen. Then do this:

Menu>Add>Custom Slider

Select "Sense" from the box directly underneath the picture of the slider.

Save.

You will need to long press the slider and drag it all the way to the bottom of the screen, being careful not to put it in the trash bin (or else you'd have to make a new slider :p )

Step Five

Install any of the clocks in from the included "clocks" folder found under "apps"
Should you install the flipclock app, be warned:

NOTE: THIS CLOCK HAS NO FLIPPING ANIMATION. HOPEFULLY, I WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE ONE THAT DOES FLIP IN THE FUTURE, BUT NO GUARANTEES. I WOULD NEED A LOT OF HELP.

Step Six

In order to get the toggle widgets, such as wifi, bluetooth, gps, vibrate, silence, etc. you need to Purchase Beautiful Widgets from the Market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.levelup.beautifulwidgets&feature=search_result

I have included a brightness control and battery indicator themed to look Sense-esque. They are at the bottom of the Post.

FOR THE BATTERY INDICATOR:

1. Apply Widget to Homescreen
2. Tap on it
3. Select the "Preferences" tab in the top right corner.
4. Check every single box, especially Swap Low/High res. You can select the temperature unit of your choice.

Alright Guys, have fun with this, Feel free to thank me if this helped you at all. screen shots will be posted in The Second Post.

DOWNLOAD LINK FROM MY DROPBOX

Sense UI theme hosted by Dropbox.

MIRROR

Sense UI theme hosted by 4shared.com

Last edited:

SWEATTAIMI

Oct 19, 2010
W4ZT3D
even if i dont like htc based themes i like your idea :)

this is good, but i wont use it,

(Im android forward fan, not htc)

i will use it when times come, thank you

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville

bjones72751

Nov 4, 2010
It wont let me login to sense Facebook widget. Says error:invalid_key

Sent from my VM670 using tapatalk

b00gieMan_droid

Jan 1, 2011
Its a piece of ****... sorry to say but you've done / mentioned nothing new.. and besides all of that the LP Sense UI 1.5.3 SUCKS! Facebook error all the time. Used this around 2months back and trust me its a peice of crap!

People dont waste your time on it.. sorry OP, not trying to fume you or so..

bjones72751

Nov 4, 2010
Its a piece of ****... sorry to say but you've done / mentioned nothing new.. and besides all of that the LP Sense UI 1.5.3 SUCKS! Facebook error all the time. Used this around 2months back and trust me its a peice of crap!

Dude, there's no need to be a complete d1ck. It may have some problems, but it far from sucks. Its really nice looking. I just need to know how to fox the fb widget.

b00gieMan_droid

Jan 1, 2011
You can't fix the FB widget...!!! If you want that then you'll have to purchase from LP Sense UI's blog or use an old "ahem" russian version where everything is in english... but certain parts are in russian... certain button language.

EDIT: AM NOT BEING A D1CK! I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING. I MOD MY PHONE MORE THAN YOU EVER ATE FOOD OR FARTED!

D

doktornotor

Sigh... chill out people. Just use web browser mobile version of FB for this social crap. (The whole FB is junk anyway.)

bjones72751

Nov 4, 2010
You can't fix the FB widget...!!! If you want that then you'll have to purchase from LP Sense UI's blog or use an old "ahem" russian version where everything is in english... but certain parts are in russian... certain button language.

EDIT: AM NOT BEING A D1CK! I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING. I MOD MY PHONE MORE THAN YOU EVER ATE FOOD OR FARTED!

Yeah, not a D1CK at all... just cause you think you're perfect, you don't have to go around and call someone else's work a complete price of crap. There's no point. And this theme is visually appealing, which is the major role of a theme. It just has some bugs that need worked out.

Oh, and if you're so great, why don't you make a cm7 sense theme that looks an acts identical to the real thing, including all the icons, app drawer, and Widgets. You should be able to get that done in a couple hours right?

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
Woah chill out people. I dont want a flame war here. I didn't make any of this, its just compiled together from what's available. If you want something fixed take it up with the original Dev.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App

Last edited:

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville

Hey, I'm sorry you feel this way, but I've posted a fix in the OP. It is not a true "fix" but more of a compromise. I would appreciate it if you would please stop posted offensive comments.

Hope it helped.

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
Dude, there's no need to be a complete d1ck. It may have some problems, but it far from sucks. Its really nice looking. I just need to know how to fox the fb widget.

Hey man, check the OP for a Facebook widget fix. I haven't tried it yet, but the kind gentlefolk over at android central believe their fix works. Hope I helped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS PROBABLY MY LAST UPDATE, AS THERE SEEMS TO BE NO FURTHER RESPONSE FROM THE COMMUNITY.THIS THEME IS NOW ZIPPED AND IS READY TO BE DOWNLOADED ALL IN ONE PACKAGE. Please refer to the readme file in the .zip folder for instructions. DOWNLOAD LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. DROPBOX LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED, IF IT *STILL* DOESN'T WORK, THE MIRROR DOES

Sorry I had to yell like that. :)

Changelog:

v1.0 First version
    v1.0.1 Added free flipclock, and market links for convenience
    v1.0.2 Added bootanimation
    v1.0.3 Added HTC app: Calculator (requires ADB push)(Instructions below)
    Added HTC app: Music
    Added HTC app: Teeter
    Added 25 Wallpapers (All included wallpapers are 640 x 480 in resolution)
    v1.0.4 Added an icon pack, for those of you who aren't rooted and running CM7 / NTSense (courtesy of wwalczyszyn from DeviantArt)(Link to his page at the bottom)
    Added Ringtones
    Added Alarms
    Added Notification Ringtones
    Added general UI sounds (they aren't applied to anything in the theme, but they are there)
    Added a bunch of Fonts
    Added application: "Type Fresh" for installing fonts (root required)

v1.1.0 Added ~15 Sense Themed Clocks, courtesy of FactoryWidgets and DNSProject

Just a thought here....I've spent a bunch of time on this theme, between searching the vast interwebs for applications that work, to editing files, to theming apps and testing them, at least 60 hours of my life have been put into this project. I don't take donations or anything, so could you guys help spread the word to all of your friends so i don't feel like I did all of this for just a few people? Or at least hit the thank you button every now and then. I would appreciate that.

Alrighty fellas, I've compiled a theme together for pretty much any android device capable of running CM7, but since I created it on my Optimus V, I'll post it here.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY OF THE FILES USED IN THIS THEME, I SIMPLY COMBINED WHAT WAS AVAILABLE TO ME. Furthermore, a few of these apps are paid apps, and I cannot suppply those to you.

I'd like to give a big ol' thank you to AOSP for creating such a great base ROM to work with, nhnt11 for creating the themed menus and status bar, and the devs of all of the apps used in this project.

What is themed:

-Status Bar
    -Notification Drawer
    -The entire Launcher
    -App Drawer
    -Menus (including highlighted text)
    -Widgets (Only "LP Sense UI widgets" "Toggles" and "Search" are themed)
    -Keyboard
    -Lockscreen
    -Clock
    -In-App Titles
    -Boot Animation
    -HTC app: Claculator
    -HTC app: Music
    -HTC app: Teeter
    -Wallpapers / backgrounds
    -Alarms
    -Ringtones
    -Icons
    -Fonts

HOW TO FIX "ERROR INVALID_KEY" WITH FACEBOOK WIDGET
    In order to get functionality from the Facebook widget back, as per THIS, you will need to uninstall the facebook app from your phone, then uninstall and reinstall LP sense ui app. From there, when you enter your credentials in the widget settings, it should work. After it is done synching and whatnot, you may reinstall Facebook app. It *should* work.

Step One

You are going to need to install a CM7 ROM with the Theme Chooser application if you want the status bar / menu themes to work. At this point, I'd like to give you this warning:

IT'S NOT MY FAULT IF YOU EFF UP YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE DOING THIS OF YOUR OWN ACCORD

#Step 1a (Skip if not rooted)

In order to install the fonts that I've included, you will need root access. There are two ways to install them: one through ADB, the other through a
    market app, Type Fresh (included in the "app" folder) I feel it necessary to link to the original page for instructions. Here is the URL:

http://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2009/04/25/how-to-change-fonts-in-android/

Step Two

After installing the ROM, you will need to download NTSense, provided by nhnt11 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=970459

Just follow the instructions on the link provided.

Step Three

Now you will need to install LP Sense UI, provided at the bottom of this thread. THIS IS NOT THE PAID VERSION, IT IS THE REGULAR FREE VERSION, HOWEVER WIDGETS DO WORK.

You will need to set it up properly for it to work. Do the following:

From Homescreen:

Menu>Preferences>Sense Mod Configuration

Set Number of docks to "1"
    Dock Background>Standard (be sure to press it, even though it is selected, or else it wont work properly)
    Home button on app drawer "on"
    Enable auto Rotation "off"

That should be it for the launcher. You can set other things how you like, I usually use "Rotate 2" as my transition, it looks great with the theme

Menu>Preferences>Homescreen Settings>Transition Effect> "Rotate 2"

Step Four

You will need to purchase "WidgetLocker" from the market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker
    It is $1.99 USD, but it is worth it, it is helpful for many other themes and is great as a lockscreen in general.

be sure to open WidgetLocker from the app drawer to open it in edit or "Tool" mode.
    FROM "TOOL MODE:"

Menu>Settings>Enable WidgetLocker

(Skip this if you don't have root) Menu>Settings>Advanced>Root Helper>Check All Boxes, set Autoswipe Pin/Password to "Auto"

Menu>Settings>Advanced>Check "Hide Notification Icon" and "Hide Interaction Warning"

Configure the rest how you prefer.

While you are in tool mode, long press every app, slider and widget and drag it to the trash bin at the bottom of the screen. Then do this:

Menu>Add>Custom Slider

Select "Sense" from the box directly underneath the picture of the slider.

Save.

You will need to long press the slider and drag it all the way to the bottom of the screen, being careful not to put it in the trash bin (or else you'd have to make a new slider :p )

Step Five

Install any of the clocks in from the included "clocks" folder found under "apps"
    Should you install the flipclock app, be warned:

NOTE: THIS CLOCK HAS NO FLIPPING ANIMATION. HOPEFULLY, I WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE ONE THAT DOES FLIP IN THE FUTURE, BUT NO GUARANTEES. I WOULD NEED A LOT OF HELP.

Step Six

In order to get the toggle widgets, such as wifi, bluetooth, gps, vibrate, silence, etc. you need to Purchase Beautiful Widgets from the Market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.levelup.beautifulwidgets&feature=search_result

I have included a brightness control and battery indicator themed to look Sense-esque. They are at the bottom of the Post.

FOR THE BATTERY INDICATOR:

1. Apply Widget to Homescreen
    2. Tap on it
    3. Select the "Preferences" tab in the top right corner.
    4. Check every single box, especially Swap Low/High res. You can select the temperature unit of your choice.

Alright Guys, have fun with this, Feel free to thank me if this helped you at all. screen shots will be posted in The Second Post.

DOWNLOAD LINK FROM MY DROPBOX

Sense UI theme hosted by Dropbox.

MIRROR

Sense UI theme hosted by 4shared.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/64014038@N03/sets/72157626954358030/

Sorry I couldn't post in-forum screen shots, I don't know how to.
    Also Reserved.
    so that means i'm like having only 3 buttons on my dock with that look?

I believe so.

I found a copy of the sense ui music player and the sense ui game "tweeter" I am currently asking the devs if I can use that in my theme, and I am trying to work with another Guy to get a working flip clock. When i get to my computer, I'm going to make one giant zip containing everything in the theme. Will update the OP soon.