Update (6.11.748.XT912.Verizon) Report Bug Here

Search This thread

onemotodroid

Jul 31, 2010
Updated to (6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US) - Please Report Bugs Here

If anyone is having issues with the Verizon Update 6.11.748.XT912 - please report bugs / issues here.

I have been running this update for about 24 hours and my phone is running GREAT!

Stock RAZR with a few frozen app's (not many)
I have no FC
LP pro installed
Quad scope is away 2500 to 2600

No signal issues
Using FCC test: (@ my home Atlanta GA)
download speed: 28 Mbps wow
Upload speed: 9 Mbps

UPDATE:
After almost three days of running this upgrade I have NO ISSUES
Verizon was having 4G problems that was causing me network problems and battery issues - RESOLVED

Rooted my phone using p3droid Root Keeper.

Are you having issues rooting this update? POST YOUR PROBLEMS / ISSUES HERE

Again, this phone and update is solid with nothing to fix. With this phone Android and Moto have arrived.
When out of the box you have a phone that works.

My next task is the get Tether working

Last edited:

brandon2x

Aug 27, 2010
A Guy over on the "other forum" is having major data dropping issues. I'm curious about the update and wondering why I haven't rec'd it. I'm totally stock. Went into about phone and system updates but it says I'm up to date. But I'm on .744?? Guess they're pushing them slowly as usual...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

moemoney12

Jun 23, 2010
To get tethering to work with your RAZR. First download the wireless tethering app 3.1 beta 7. Install of course. Phone must be rooted. Also download rom
manager and open rom Manager and and go to. Fix permissions let that run. And the restart phone. Now tether your heart out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Reactions: mistawolfe

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
I updated a moment ago from stock to stock.

So far it seems to be smoother. I meant really reminding me of the word "silky"

but I can't get Vibrant Feedback of stock multitouch keyboard to work even I ticked it at settings.

Sound feedback of the multi touch keyboard is fine.

Anyone else having issue like this?

The physical key haptic feedback when I press anything is still there. So I assume it is the software issue only.

Updated to (6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US) - Please Report Bug Here

If anyone is having issues with the Verizon Update 6.11.748.XT912 - please report bugs / issues here.

I have been running this update for about 24 hours and my phone is running GREAT!

Stock RAZR with a few frozen app's (not many)
I have no FC
LP pro installed
Quad scope is away 2500 to 2600

No signal issues
Using FCC test: (@ my home Atlanta GA)
download speed: 28 Mbps wow
Upload speed: 9 Mbps

Are you having issues rooting this update?

Again, this phone is solid with nothing to fix.

My next task is the get Tether working

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
A Guy over on the "other forum" is having major data dropping issues. I'm curious about the update and wondering why I haven't rec'd it. I'm totally stock. Went into about phone and system updates but it says I'm up to date. But I'm on .744?? Guess they're pushing them slowly as usual...

I'm the guy.

Went and got a new SIM today and it fixed it a bit, but my signal was much better before. I'm at my work desk, and with the old update, I always had 4g. Now I'm 3g. I get 4g when I leave.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

To get tethering to work with your RAZR. First download the wireless tethering app 3.1 beta 7. Install of course. Phone must be rooted. Also download rom
manager and open rom Manager and and go to. Fix permissions let that run. And the restart phone. Now tether your heart out.

Thank you sir!

Reactions: Oaklands

brandon2x

Aug 27, 2010
Still no update. Even using wolfs trick on rootz...

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Just updated from the file on droidforums & the voodoo ota root keeper from the market works perfectly to reroot after the update. The only issue apparently is when safe strap is used because of the modifications to the preinstall partition. I hadn't moved from bootstrap yet so everything worked.

onemotodroid

Jul 31, 2010
after about 40 hours

my battery life is down with this update
my 4G is now dropping

i would not update my phone @ this point with this update

lilmoney30

Feb 23, 2008
mi
I'm 100% stock and after the update its running very smooth!! The stock launcher seems to have gotten faster?? Camera and over all performance is better. I don't know about data yet because VERIZON'S DATA IS DOWN AGAIN! but other then that its very good for me. Been running this for about 10 hours.

seanmcd72

Sep 11, 2007
I'm the guy.

Went and got a new SIM today and it fixed it a bit, but my signal was much better before. I'm at my work desk, and with the old update, I always had 4g. Now I'm 3g. I get 4g when I leave.

There have been a lot of 3G and 4G outages in the past several days. Make sure you're not a victim of that. There are DEFINITE issues this morning. I don't have the update installed, totally stock phone - and yesterday and today I have no 4G at work. I'm on a 4th floor by a window. I normally have a great 4G connection here.

Everyone Else: There's no trick you can do at this point to get the update. It's not released officially, it's only been sent out to a few beta testers. You are either going to get it by checking for the update, or not. Eventually they'll release it to everyone soon.

Last edited:

dwizzo

Aug 23, 2010
I'm in the same boat as mistawolfe, the update has made things much worse for me on the data side. On my way to work today, I had NO data for more than half the time, and only 3G the other half of the time. While at home, I have always had strong 4G and that has not changed after the update. But at work yesterday after I applied the update, it was the same thing, only 3G or NO data. Same today, more than half the time I have no data, and the other half only 3G. Going back and forth between no data and data is unacceptable. 3G/4G switching is fine, but this is horrible. 1/2 the time I can't even use the data. Terrible. I would not recommend this update.

seanmcd72

Sep 11, 2007
I'm in the same boat as mistawolfe, the update has made things much worse for me on the data side. On my way to work today, I had NO data for more than half the time, and only 3G the other half of the time. While at home, I have always had strong 4G and that has not changed after the update. But at work yesterday after I applied the update, it was the same thing, only 3G or NO data. Same today, more than half the time I have no data, and the other half only 3G. Going back and forth between no data and data is unacceptable. 3G/4G switching is fine, but this is horrible. 1/2 the time I can't even use the data. Terrible. I would not recommend this update.

Please see my post above you. There are known issues with Verizons data network this morning. There have been several issues in the past few weeks. Don't be so fast to blame your update. http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/21/psa-verizon-users-reporting-data-outages-across-the-us/

dwizzo

Aug 23, 2010
Please see my post above you. There are known issues with Verizons data network this morning. There have been several issues in the past few weeks. Don't be so fast to blame your update. http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/21/psa-verizon-users-reporting-data-outages-across-the-us/

Missed that, thanks. Talk about a strange coincidence, but at least it gives me hope (Although I'm still a bit weary as it started yesterday morning for me right after the update). Anyway, will hang tight and see if things get better. Hard to believe we are having another 4G/data outage again not even 2 weeks later! Big time growing pains for Verizon :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm the guy.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Thank you sir!
    Same here: Flashed the update yesterday. Been running on the .748 OTA for over a day now. Ran a Battery Calibration and the phone finally shut off at the 29 hr mark with light use and only 3g turned on. I have no reason to turn on 4g since there is none in my area yet. I'm sure my battery will not last as long once I start using 4g. I did occasionally turn on wifi for for about 2 hours while updating apps and downloading some email & dropbox files. Also played Pandora on 3g for about 2 hours and made a few short phone calls. No data issues, no sim card errors, camera shutter is responding faster then ever, file access seems faster, overall the phone is snappier, very happy with this phone right now.. Still would like to get a ROM with this update minus the bloatware.. This would put it over the top. BTW, I did lose root but I got it back with voodoo Root keeper.