[Q] Phone doesn't detect SD card

Search This thread

raptorjesus1337

Jan 3, 2012
Dear XDA'ers.

I've had an S2 for a while now and I've been running CM9 since early alpha. Recently I decided to buy an SD card (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005FY61EK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00) so that I can use it to store my movies. After I got it, I realised that MoboPlayer or AirDroid couldn't detect the SD card and the only way I could put something on it was through a physical USB cable. Now, today I wanted to try something but I found out that my phone doesn't show the SD card at all anymore. I tried taking it out and putting it back in several times as well as flashing the latest CM9 nightly but nothing happened. The only apparent difference that I can see when I put the SD card in is that in the Storage section in Settings, under the SD card tab, I have an option "Mount SD Card" but when I press it, it says preparing SD card yet nothing happens.

Is the SD card fried or what's wrong with it?
I've had the SD card for less than a week so its hard to believe that it's dead already.

themadba

May 17, 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
Have you got a micro SD card reader that you could use to see if the card is fried? Connect it to your computer, and if it shows up it isn't fried. Also check the format of the card to make sure it is in FAT32 format.

Chris.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Reactions: raptorjesus1337

raptorjesus1337

Jan 3, 2012
Ahh, I know the problem now (I completely forgot about this).
I formated it to NTFS just before I stopped working since I assumed that it works the same way a USB does (but clearly, I was wrong).

I'll format it back and see what's what.

aq12sw23

Aug 7, 2011
have you tried other system folders?

i had the same problem before, I found out my sd card mounted as a system folder called "emmc" I'm using resurrection remix rom 2.3

Reactions: raptorjesus1337

raptorjesus1337

Jan 3, 2012
Alright, I've fixed it.

Basically, I had formatted it to NTFS because otherwise it gave me some error about file (the file was around 4 gb's and it acted this way with anything over 3) being too big when I was trying to copy it onto the SD card. Now that someone said it has to be in FAT32, I formatted it back and now it works perfectly.

Thanks to everyone who helped me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep just fixed mine today by downloading https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.qbanin.binder&hl=en if you are unsure of what to select just see the screenshots i followed this selections and it now works fine :)
    Have you got a micro SD card reader that you could use to see if the card is fried? Connect it to your computer, and if it shows up it isn't fried. Also check the format of the card to make sure it is in FAT32 format.

Chris.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    Have u tried going into settings/memory/left softkey/storage config and select the only options there is?
    have you tried other system folders?

i had the same problem before, I found out my sd card mounted as a system folder called "emmc" I'm using resurrection remix rom 2.3