Enable Car Dock mode with NFC

Search This thread

RamuhRx7

Jun 23, 2009
Wondering if anyone tried it with the note 3? I read another forum that someone was able to get it working with a S3. I am using tectiles NFC with Trigger (aka NFC task launcher) so I can create the car dock action when using the NFC tag. But it seems that it would enable the car dock mode as well as handsfree mode which basically goes into s-voice. When I disable the handsfree mode, the phone doesn't seem to be in car dock mode even though it tells me to tap to disable car dock mode.

Need help please.

Thanks

hollywoodfrodo

Mar 2, 2011
Long Beach
Depending on if you want to use voice input as part of your car mode or not, you could try the voice app Dragon and then use an NFC Tag to trigger opening that app when you enter your car. Otherwise, I believe by nature car dock mode would be hands free mode since you're not supposed to be messing with your phone while driving. Another option if you never use S-Voice is to go into your list of all applications and Disable S-Voice. I have S-Voice disabled on my phone since I never use it. Doesn't negatively impact anything. Worth a try...