Unable to install any app manually

Search This thread

arckingpin

Oct 28, 2013
New Delhi
I dont what i messed up but now when i click on any apk file using any file manager like root explorer or es file manager i get and error "Sorry,no application available"
1. i have tried reflashig the rom i m using right now CM11 unofficial android 4.4.2 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2525713)
2.apps downloaded from play store are installling automatically(as it usually does) and working perfectly
3.I am able to instally apk files as system apps (by moving it to system/apps folder and changing permissions and then rebooting the device)
4.I DONT WANNA DO A FACTORY RESET!!!!!!!
Plz help me out here guys....
I m really stuck...
I think package installer has stopperd working for some reason...
Is there anything i could do to fix it..
Is there any ALTERNATE packacge installer i could use?
URGENT HELP NEEDE!!

Last edited:
I dont what i messed up but now when i click on any apk file using any file manager like root explorer or es file manager i get and error "Sorry,no application available"
1. i have tried reflashig the rom i m using right now CM11 unofficial android 4.4.2 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2525713)
2.apps downloaded from play store are installling automatically(as it usually does) and working perfectly
3.I am able to instally apk files as system apps (by moving it to system/apps folder and changing permissions and then rebooting the device)
I m really stuck...
URGENT HELP NEEDE!!

Dont worry doing factory reset, just back up your data and apps using titanium backup and simply restore them after doing factory reset.

Reactions: arckingpin

JazzVH

Jan 1, 2014
When the apps from the playstore install without problem, i'd say your installer is fine. I've encountered this problem as well, but only if I was using the wrong file/wrong file extension..:p

arckingpin

Oct 28, 2013
New Delhi
thanx a lot man!!
i backed up all my data and then did a factory reset with a rom and gaaps reflash...
all is working cool now!!

Killer Drummer

Aug 18, 2016
Hyderabad
Solution for your problem.

I m really stuck...
URGENT HELP NEEDE!!

Hi there, m sure that yu tried to remove bloatware from your device or yu may have rooted ur phone. i would suggest to download and install adb driver and debloater applications in your pc first. after that open debloater app with phone connected to ur pc and begin to read files. there in the list of files you can see googleinstaller.apk which will have a tickmark. that means yu have removed that file in ur phone and so yu are facing this problem. untick and click apply and yu are good to go :)

Oct 6, 2009
the problem is android 10, once i upgraded to 10 i couldnt install any of my backed up apk(samsung a20). still trying to find solutions ...

robrazil

Nov 6, 2010
the problem is android 10, once i upgraded to 10 i couldnt install any of my backed up apk(samsung a20). still trying to find solutions ...
My problem is specific with ES Explorer File PRO app in Android 10 too, and I solved this issue installing the "APK Installer by Uptodown" app from Google Play. It's free and no ads.
Maybe if we choose "certified installer" and marked as app "default" to open apk files and later we change manually to "package installer" in the file where that this choice was record, the ES Explorer File could use the package installer native of android to install apk files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I m really stuck...
    URGENT HELP NEEDE!!

Dont worry doing factory reset, just back up your data and apps using titanium backup and simply restore them after doing factory reset.