Flashing N7100 roms on N7105

Search This thread

glennlevi

May 2, 2012
Hi All,

I tried flashing DN3 on N7105 (I just searched dn3 in search box, and I clicked on the wrong link), and it booted up. Everything was working fine except the mobile connection. If I flash an N7105 modem, will it fix the problem? Or is flashing N7100 roms on N7105 just totally impossible?

I really want to get DN3 to work, the s5 theme looks totally awesome. The DN3 for N7105 is totally outdated, and so are many of the custom roms on the dev section.

Thanks.

snake65

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
I am surprised it even booted I've been told no way, not sure on the modem I guess it can't hurt, keep us updated.
Cheers
John

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

glennlevi

May 2, 2012
I am surprised it even booted I've been told no way, not sure on the modem I guess it can't hurt, keep us updated.
Cheers
John

You basically just asked me to risk my phone just to see if it will work haha. And I was the one asking questions XD
Can anybody who tried this tell us the results? Thanks.

snake65

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
From what I read you already flashed it (7100 rom) and it booted so it was you who risked your phone.,I was saying I can't see trying the 7105 modem would hurt.
Cheers
Oh don't 4 get to let me know. ?

cyberboob

Apr 4, 2012
Never mind if things are outdated. Your model is not as popular as the N7100 so development will of course be slower.
Suggest you go back to your old rom (hopefully you made a nandroid backup or something)... or reflash it... before you really mess up your phone.
Things just aren't going to work properly for you.
Patience is a virtue.

S

sawdoctor

If you have flashed a n7100 rom you will lose baseband and no modem or anything will bring it back. All n7100 roms work on our device but you are left with a wifi tablet. If your nandriod doesn't restore baseband you might have to flash stock with odin. I'd make sure you can get your baseband back first

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

minkael

Jan 14, 2011
It doesn't hurt to try flashing DN3 v5 on a N7105. I mean, I've tried it with my N7105T (N7105 roms work flawlessly), which had no luck in getting a proper baseband. You can always get your baseband back with an official firmware, but just to safe, back it up with CWM.

I've tried flashing the official N7105 kitkat firmware (4.4.2). Backed up efs and modem. Flashed DN3 v5. Restored both efs and modem. No luck in restoring signal. Baseband was still unknown :(

We'll just have to wait for the electron team to release the rom on N7105. Heard they started it some time ago.

Kenny_ken

Jul 14, 2011
This happened to me too. I didn't manage to get LTE/4G to work with only flashing a new modem or baseband. I needed to flasha whole new rom. Maybe I did something wrong.

S

sawdoctor

This happened to me too. I didn't manage to get LTE/4G to work with only flashing a new modem or baseband. I needed to flasha whole new rom. Maybe I did something wrong.

Nope it's Samsung fault. They moved a lot of stuff in 4.3 and 4.4 especially libs.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk