[WORKING] Force enable VOLTE - VOWIFI on OP7 PRO

Search This thread

Paz9

Jan 3, 2011
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thanks for info.

On my previous phone (S9+) VoWiFi was working wothout miss every time I connected to network. I hope they will fix it.

phones have different requirements to using VOWIFI, connection strength, quality, etc etc.
i have a pixel 3xl and it uses vowifi 50% Of the time, even if my strength is 100% at times latency may be too high and it'd prefer VOLTE

if you go to an area with bad service and connect to the wifi im pretty sure youll be making more VOWIFI calls.
does your phone give you the option to prefer vowifi over volte? my 3XL did. My OP7Pro is sitting on my desk at home waiting to be set up.

thebigtross

Aug 19, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hello,

Carrier: Orange
Settings used: Telefonica_UK_Commercial

Get it working !!!
You've to call the support and told them to REACTIVATED the option, saying you've a supported phone, but you entered the sim card to another device and since it's was not working :)

thebigtross

Aug 19, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Proof Screenshot_20190531-101251.jpg

kapnos

Sep 8, 2008
What does exactly this procedure do to the phone? To know what we are dealing with, just in case...

D

Deleted member 7671171

Could this possibly work with Freedom Mobile in Canada?

misiokicio

Jul 4, 2010
Bathgate
This is a strange one...but had mine set for India Vodafone ( UK vodafone is mine) and it was dropping to 3g on every call.. just checked with PDC and one sub 1 was inactive and H3G somehow switched itself on to active.... How is that possible?

thebigtross

Aug 19, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hello,

Carrier: Orange
Settings used: Telefonica_UK_Commercial

Get it working !!!
You've to call the support and told them to REACTIVATED the option, saying you've a supported phone, but you entered the sim card to another device and since it's was not working :)
But after some tests it seems vowifi not activate.
I tested some of settings and with most of them volte is working but not the wifi.

Do the Orange users ( french or belgium) get vowifi working ?

If I connect to wifi and disable data usage volte is always here. This is bug where vowifi sould appears ?

ThanksScreenshot_20190601-143234.jpg

Luxinatoris

Apr 7, 2012
Magisk module

Cannot find VOLTE module enabler anywhere (magisk repo shows nothing), can somebody upload it here? Thanks in advance!

a5ian300zx

Nov 6, 2008
London, UK
Anyone any luck with Vodafone UK?? so far tried India Vodafone, and UK Vodafone settings, will give it more test with stronger reception outside the house, so far call lasted for around a min then switched back to H
Vodafone only supports wifi calling on certain phones so they would need to have it on the approved list which is very limited, otherwise I won't work.

This is something that has frustrated me for long time, EE has pretty much all the phones enabled in thier side.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

kezzuki

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Hey guys,

I am using Rogers in Canada, I have tried:
India-Volte-vodafone
folte-att
volte_openmkt-commercial-CMCC
att-cricket
uk-volte-vodafone
volte_OEM_lab

And NONE of them gave me VoLTE or VoWIFI.
I am now suspecting if I did something wrong in the process?...because I saw in the original thread ppl said they got VoLTE with ATT or indea-vodafone...

Any clues?

Thanks!

IRatchett

Apr 17, 2008
Richmond,VA
Since ATT only lets ATT phones use VOLTE. This trick wont work. I did however get the VOLTE to work but had to do it another way. Because of the rules here, I cant say what I did but im sure you can guess. I dont think its right ATT only lets their phones do it. O well I got mine working :)

Reactions: kezzuki

misiokicio

Jul 4, 2010
Bathgate
Vodafone only supports wifi calling on certain phones so they would need to have it on the approved list which is very limited, otherwise I won't work.

This is something that has frustrated me for long time, EE has pretty much all the phones enabled in thier side.
Actually wifi Calling seems to work, only volte is a pain in the bum... Call lasts for few min sometimes longer, then i cant hear the other party and vice versa, call isn't dropped, just freezes

a5ian300zx

Nov 6, 2008
London, UK
Actually wifi Calling seems to work, only volte is a pain in the bum... Call lasts for few min sometimes longer, then i cant hear the other party and vice versa, call isn't dropped, just freezes
Thanks for confirming it, I could never get it to work on my oneplus 5t but then I know Vodafone adopted to oneplus range but when speaking to techy they advised me it was not on their approved list and hence why the option is not available in the settings menu and when I put in a ee sim then the options were available.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys

after a lot of back and forth between OP and Qualcomm i finally got the qualcomm drivers for the Oneplus 7 pro

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K-wsOijN48tAXw3OiQj3aF9oD38-XGx1 - INSTALL THESE DRIVERS LAST.

to enable VOLTE/VOWIFI:
    CREDIT TO : jamal2367

[UPDATE]

If you are on Vodafone and you are having problems with Telefonica_UK_Commercial, try India-VoLTE-Vodafone instead.
    The name of the country doesn't matter, its all about the actual configuration settings stored in the profile.
    you can select profiles of your chosing and report back your country, carrier, and settings you got to get it working and we'll keep a list

The German carriers have enabled VoLTE for quite some time already and OnePlus has officially enabled the feature, but we were still not able to actually use it, only to show it in the settings because the carriers have not distributed OnePlus with the appropiate settings for VoLTE + VoWiFi.

Original credits go to jamal2367 from https://android-hubo.de/thread/8203...t-dual-volte-vowifi-freischalten-de-ohne-root

Requirements:
    OxygenOS
    With root-->magisk--> Module VoEnabler 1.2 by Toucan-->enable it
    w/o root--> open the dialer: *#800# --> oneplus Logkit --> Function Switch --> enable VoLTE + VoWifi switch

Disclaimer
    You can break your phone, so know what you do

Steps
    1)To be safe, make a backup via TRWP of your EFS partition BEFORE you flash anything! If you're not rooted, do a nandroid backup via fastboot

2) Download and install:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603864074
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603912872
    Just use the standard settings and click on OK, next, ...

3) Connect your phone to your laptop via USB

4) open dialer app and enter *#801#
    Set Serial and Full-port switch to ON

5) Open "PDC" in your QPST start menu folder, best to do by right click & "run as administrator"
    Select your device, right click on "Oversea-Commercial_DS" and deactivate Sub0 and Sub1
    Click on Oversea-Commercial_DS again and click on remove -- DO NOT CLICK REMOVE, JUST DE-ACTIVATE IT - your settings stick after a reboot, so no longer need to remove the profile (at least on my device my profiles stick, also makes it easier to go back to default)

6) Close the app and reopen it

7)
    Select India-VoLTE-Vodafone or Telefonica_UK_Commercial, right click and SetSelectedConfig for both Sub0 and Sub1

8)
    Click on the profile from step 7 again and click on Activate
    Yes, select UK/India even if you are located in another region (see above for comfirmed locations + carriers)

9) Restart your phone

10) Voila, you now have working VoLTE + VoWiFi

jrCDFw8.png

W2gBkvy.png
    small note
    in order to enable port switch without any apk, just do following [needs root]
    open adb connection in terminal and follow steps
    Code:
    adb devices
    adb shell
    su
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb
    the phone will disconnect from adb and PDC will be now available
    wanted to post it in case OP blocks this apk way
    Engineer mode apk
    Install->Reboot->*#801#->Full-port switch: ON
    Been meaning to post here for awhile in case any Australian users come across this thread.

Can confirm that this works beautifully on my 7 Pro with Optus, using the Telefonica UK option.

Fully working VoLTE and VoWiFi.

Many thanks to @virtyx @jamal2367 @dagoban for all your efforts with this! :good::good:
    English = mandatory... :good: