Ballistic SG MAXX case+holster review

Search This thread

outkast2012

Jun 30, 2010
just got this today from amazon for 37$

i like the look and quality
makes the volume and power buttons easier to press!
wireless charging works with nokia fatboy pillow

i cant wait to get the ibolt car dock, we'll see if it fits with this case!

Dave51495

Mar 20, 2012
Does it feel a lot thicker? How thick is it? In person, how does it look? Beautiful? Do you know how it compares to an otterbox defender (size wise)?
Thanks!

Sent from my DROID DNA.

outkast2012

Jun 30, 2010
Does it feel a lot thicker? How thick is it? In person, how does it look? Beautiful? Do you know how it compares to an otterbox defender (size wise)?
Thanks!

Sent from my DROID DNA.

I don't know how it compares to the otterbox cuz this is the only case I've got for the DNA

Any strong protection will add some girth its not alot and I don't mind

I would have preferred the white and black instead of the white and grey but that's all amazon had

I think the case is very nice

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
I don't know how it compares to the otterbox cuz this is the only case I've got for the DNA

Any strong protection will add some girth its not alot and I don't mind

I would have preferred the white and black instead of the white and grey but that's all amazon had

I think the case is very nice

Where did you get this case from? I checked on Amazon and could not find it at all. The only ones that showed up in my search were the "SG" cases, but not the SG MAXX. I looked on Ballistic's site and the MAXX case is listed as "Coming Soon"..

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Where did you get this case from? I checked on Amazon and could not find it at all. The only ones that showed up in my search were the "SG" cases, but not the SG MAXX. I looked on Ballistic's site and the MAXX case is listed as "Coming Soon"..

Look on eBay.

KennyMcC

Jan 7, 2013
Tallassee
I got mine from CellularFactory.com. Use Promo Code 20cellularfactory for 20% off.
Also when you get to last checkout screen for payment the Promo Code box will come back up and you can enter freeship and get free shipping.
I ended up getting mine for 31.99 free shipping. And so far i love mine.

crikeycrapper

Dec 15, 2012
Any complaints yet after using this case. Im interested but hesitant for some odd reason

I don't have the SG Maxx, but have the SG case and I find that, while it provides exceptional protection, the hard plastic part of the case is squeezing the DNA a bit much. I notice blue splotches on the phone screen when viewing a page with a white background, like when there's pressure on the screen. the Trident Aegis might be a better alternative. The Aegis also made provisions for the rear notification light.

Last edited:
Reactions: hurtfuljeep

outkast2012

Jun 30, 2010
I been using the sg maxx for awhile now and I have no issues

I work in construction and the holster works perfectly

I don't have any issues of the case holding the phone too tightly

I use the case with the ibolt car dock for navigation as well

I am pro ballistic after having this case

Reactions: hurtfuljeep

K2Villain

Aug 19, 2012
incidio

I bought an incipio case a couple days ago. Its a 2 layer case that doesnt seem to add very much bulk to it i like it alot. I havent dropped it yet so i can say anything about durability but it seems like it could take a hit. one thing i did find i didnt like is that it make the volume rocker very sensitive but besides that i cant complain. it also came with a screen protector. incipio dual pro case

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just got this today from amazon for 37$

i like the look and quality
    makes the volume and power buttons easier to press!
    wireless charging works with nokia fatboy pillow

i cant wait to get the ibolt car dock, we'll see if it fits with this case!
    Any complaints yet after using this case. Im interested but hesitant for some odd reason

I don't have the SG Maxx, but have the SG case and I find that, while it provides exceptional protection, the hard plastic part of the case is squeezing the DNA a bit much. I notice blue splotches on the phone screen when viewing a page with a white background, like when there's pressure on the screen. the Trident Aegis might be a better alternative. The Aegis also made provisions for the rear notification light.
    I been using the sg maxx for awhile now and I have no issues

I work in construction and the holster works perfectly

I don't have any issues of the case holding the phone too tightly

I use the case with the ibolt car dock for navigation as well

I am pro ballistic after having this case