[Q] Battery logo only

Search This thread

chunter2

Dec 30, 2010
I've been searching for a while but can't seem to find anyone with the same issue. When I insert the battery into the phone I get the empty battery logo then the lights under the touch buttons turn on and then the screen and button lights turn off and that's it. No looping. If I pull the battery and insert it I get the logo and lights and then nothing again. I can hold down both volume buttons while I insert the battery and get to download mode. I can then flash back to stock and reboot into the rom but as soon as I reboot from the rom I'm back to the empty battery logo and then nothing. I've replaced the power button but I'm pretty sure it's not a button issue. Any ideas?

mkiriti

May 24, 2012
I've been searching for a while but can't seem to find anyone with the same issue. When I insert the battery into the phone I get the empty battery logo then the lights under the touch buttons turn on and then the screen and button lights turn off and that's it. No looping. If I pull the battery and insert it I get the logo and lights and then nothing again. I can hold down both volume buttons while I insert the battery and get to download mode. I can then flash back to stock and reboot into the rom but as soon as I reboot from the rom I'm back to the empty battery logo and then nothing. I've replaced the power button but I'm pretty sure it's not a button issue. Any ideas?

Dont do anything on the software side, it is a hardware problem.The power button is broke.

Get it replaced or open up the cover and blow air onto it... there is a guide to show you how.

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA

try charging the battery using a charger or try a different battery

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
I've done that too. I've got two of these phones and both batteries do the same thing.

If you are able to flash back to stock, in the stock rom, try reseting the phone under "privacy" then boot into recovery and factory reset the too.

If that doesn't work, make a video

chunter2

Dec 30, 2010
If you are able to flash back to stock, in the stock rom, try reseting the phone under "privacy" then boot into recovery and factory reset the too.

If that doesn't work, make a video

Turns out my USB connector was faulty. I removed it from the motherboard and now when I insert the battery nothing happens like it should. I can now turn on the phone with the button. Guess I'll be ordering a USB connector off ebay.

driverless

May 29, 2014
Male'
Worked for me as well

Turns out my USB connector was faulty. I removed it from the motherboard and now when I insert the battery nothing happens like it should. I can now turn on the phone with the button. Guess I'll be ordering a USB connector off ebay.

The same thing happened to me. After reading this tread, I replaced my USB port and its perfectly working fine again. I can get into Recovery and everything now. No random reboots and things :).

Thanks @chunter2