[Q] How to make sd card default storage?

Search This thread

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Hello xda. I just got a Droid incredible 4g lte today and I am loving it so far and hoping to get more in depth with it. But the first thing I must ask is how can I make the apps in my phone go default to the SD card, I have a 32gb SD card. I installed modern combat 4 and then followed by Nova 3, my phone canceled the Nova 3 download because of space problems. So I'm just wanting to have the big apps go to my Android/obb folder on my SD card but they won't. I tryed using es file Explorer to move the mc4 files to SD card then play it. But once I started the game it wanted me to download it.. Is there any way to fix this or will I need:D a rooted phone and some kind of Rom? Thanks for any help. All will be thanked.
Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda app-developers app

junkmail9

62 people looked at this thread. No one knows? Please reply.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wow. Patience is a virtue. Yes, you will need to be rooted. If you just got the phone yesterday, hopefully you are still on build 2.17.605.2 or earlier.

I suggest that you look at the Droid Incredible 4G LTE Resource Index in the General area. That will point you to rooting methods, and there is also a link to Jose's SD Card Swap Mod that does exactly what you are looking for.

Reactions: TeChNoC4AzY

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Wow. Patience is a virtue. Yes, you will need to be rooted. If you just got the phone yesterday, hopefully you are still on build 2.17.605.2 or earlier.

I suggest that you look at the Droid Incredible 4G LTE Resource Index in the General area. That will point you to rooting methods, and there is also a link to Jose's SD Card Swap Mod that does exactly what you are looking for.

Thank you so much. And I got this phone from a pawnshop lol. It is on the version you said above and hboot 1.15. This is probably the best phone I have ever used, I really like how it has the adreno 225! Can't wait to unlock this baby and get to flashing! The previous phone I had was the HTC evo 3d. So I have experience with HTC phones, but this droid looks like it will be abit of a challenge to s-off. Hopefully I can find a perfect rom that won't require it. I like to use Windows but I think the only methods avaliable to s-off only work with Linux, and I by no means have experience using Linux. :confused:

Last edited:

junkmail9

Root it now and get on a ROM that isn't subject to the OTA before the OTA finds its way into your phone before it's too late!

I do recommend s,-off, as it makes like much easier. Try making an Ububtu Live CD and play around with it to see if you can get comfortable with it before trying DirtyRacun. You can also look at face palm method.

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk2

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Root it now and get on a ROM that isn't subject to the OTA before the OTA finds its way into your phone before it's too late!

I do recommend s,-off, as it makes like much easier. Try making an Ububtu Live CD and play around with it to see if you can get comfortable with it before trying DirtyRacun. You can also look at face palm method.

(now and get on a ROM that isn't subject to the OTA before the OTA finds its way into your phone before it's too late!) < I'm a little confused with what that means?

junkmail9

(now and get on a ROM that isn't subject to the OTA before the OTA finds its way into your phone before it's too late!) < I'm a little confused with what that means?

If you root and stay "rooted stock", you'll get the OTA. No bueño.

The 2.1.1 release of ViperLTE also gets the Verizon OTA notice. No bueño. If like Sense-based ROMs, I highly recommend the latest ViperLTE version 2.2.0, as it has setting to turn off OTA checks. I have not received an OTA notification since installing 2.2.0 and ticking that setting. I was getting them on 2.1.1.

I would fully expect that CyanogenMod to not get an OTA notice, either. However, I cannot confirm.

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee

See here's the thing. I do not have this phone activated, I just use it on wifi. I tried updating the firmware but the checking for New update is there for a split second and goes away. Nothing else happens. So I guess this phone can't be updated. But i will unlock and install a rom asap.
Can you recommend a rom I use? Like jelly bean or Kitkat? Hopefully one rom here has sense 5 :sly:

Last edited:

junkmail9

See here's the thing. I do not have this phone activated, I just use it on wifi. I tried updating the firmware but the checking for New update is there for a split second and goes away. Nothing else happens. So I guess this phone can't be updated. But i will unlock and install a rom asap.
Can you recommend a rom I use? Like jelly bean or Kitkat? Hopefully one rom here has sense 5 :sly:

I suggest poking around the development section here for various ROMs. Unfortunately, Verizion has (had?) no love for this phone, and they have been blocking bootloader unlocking via HTC. ...[long story and rant omitted]... As a result, there are not a lot of custom ROMs for this phone.

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
I suggest poking around the development section here for various ROMs. Unfortunately, Verizion has (had?) no love for this phone, and they have been blocking bootloader unlocking via HTC. ...[long story and rant omitted]... As a result, there are not a lot of custom ROMs for this phone.

Wait so how can I unlock my bootloader if they are locking it? Unless it's because I am on hboot 1.15?

junkmail9

Wait so how can I unlock my bootloader if they are locking it? Unless it's because I am on hboot 1.15?

Only build version 2.17.605.2 appears unlockable... The original, "first shipped" build was not. First OTA (2.17.605.2) is unlockable. The latest build version appears (so far) to not be unlockable...

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Only build version 2.17.605.2 appears unlockable... The original, "first shipped" build was not. First OTA (2.17.605.2) is unlockable. The latest build version appears (so far) to not be unlockable...

My build is exactly what you posted above :). So let's just say I had a later version and I tried to unlock via HTC dev, it won't work?

junkmail9

My build is exactly what you posted above :). So let's just say I had a later version and I tried to unlock via HTC dev, it won't work?

Correct. DO NOT allow the latest OTA get installed on your phone or you may not be able to unlock the bootloader.

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Correct. DO NOT allow the latest OTA get installed on your phone or you may not be able to unlock the bootloader.

I certainly will not allow this phone to get updated. So here's another question, would you say this phone is good for gaming? I got it cause of the adreno 225, my previous evo 3d had the 220. I'm also hoping that if I find a kernel that supports overclocking it can help things out. I want to match this phone up to the HTC evo 4g lte, which also has the adreno 225, but a 1.5 GHz dual core rather than 1.2.

junkmail9

I certainly will not allow this phone to get updated. So here's another question, would you say this phone is good for gaming? I got it cause of the adreno 225, my previous evo 3d had the 220. I'm also hoping that if I find a kernel that supports overclocking it can help things out. I want to match this phone up to the HTC evo 4g lte, which also has the adreno 225, but a 1.5 GHz dual core rather than 1.2.

I can't really answer that, as I do not use my phone for games. However, Jose has created a few overclocked kernels, and they are generally stable. 1.5 for sure, 1.8 *may* work, too.

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
I can't really answer that, as I do not use my phone for games. However, Jose has created a few overclocked kernels, and they are generally stable. 1.5 for sure, 1.8 *may* work, too.

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

Can you send me a link for both. Will I be able to flash a kernel with s-on?

junkmail9

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
Here's the only link you need: Droid Incredible 4G LTE Resource Index

Everything you need is in there :)

Yes, you can flash a kernel if you are s-on, but it must be done via fastboot.

IMHO, s-off makes life sooo much easier.

When you say fastboot do you mean the PG86100.zip or through the command prompt? Also What is IMHO s-off and please tell me it works for Windows..

junkmail9

When you say fastboot do you mean the PG86100.zip or through the command prompt? Also What is IMHO s-off and please tell me it works for Windows..

When I said "must be done via fastboot" there, I meant that you must push the kernel via a fastboot command using the command line on your computer (e.g. CMD window) while the phone is in fastboot mode. This can be done in Windows.

IMHO= In My Humble Opinion

s-off is truly unlocking everything on your (HTC) phone...

TeChNoC4AzY

Nov 4, 2013
Kissimmee
When I said "must be done via fastboot" there, I meant that you must push the kernel via a fastboot command using the command line on your computer (e.g. CMD window) while the phone is in fastboot mode. This can be done in Windows.

IMHO= In My Humble Opinion

s-off is truly unlocking everything on your (HTC) phone...

I s-offed my HTC evo 3d. It was really easy to do lol, I did it with the jb wire trick. With the fastboot command you mean fastboot/flash.. Etc?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    62 people looked at this thread. No one knows? Please reply.

If you root and stay "rooted stock", you'll get the OTA. No bueño.

The 2.1.1 release of ViperLTE also gets the Verizon OTA notice. No bueño. If like Sense-based ROMs, I highly recommend the latest ViperLTE version 2.2.0, as it has setting to turn off OTA checks. I have not received an OTA notification since installing 2.2.0 and ticking that setting. I was getting them on 2.1.1.

I would fully expect that CyanogenMod to not get an OTA notice, either. However, I cannot confirm.