Bad build quality : Nexus letters falling off

Search This thread

gogol

May 20, 2005
I am wondering if this is common issue?

More importantly, anyone with white model have this problem too?

I am thinking to cancel my order and wait for later batch if that could make difference ...

Source: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RyanKonnad/posts/JnTrchcQqh7

20141126_221556.jpg

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
if it is the same problem the M8 has it is not really fix able without a full change over. Its the glue that holds the letters on. The glue that holds the letters on the HTC One M8, HTC Logo starts to fail after the phone is heated over and over again. I am not surprised the N6 has the same problem. I think it looks better without letters really. I am sure the white has the same problem. You may be able to use super glue after it falls off and see if that is better.

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
There's another thread somewhere here on this. People that ordered from Motorola said Moto is doing advance replacement for this issue. I'd hope Google would do the same thing for gp orders.

sithdroid2187

May 24, 2011
Yup, non-issue. I don't expect things like that to stay in forever. That's like saying that the coating on my drums should never wear off, but it does.

wvcadle

Dec 31, 2011
Yup, non-issue. I don't expect things like that to stay in forever. That's like saying that the coating on my drums should never wear off, but it does.

It's an issue with a $700 phone, and we're not talking about 'forever'... we're talking about letters falling off with only days of use. I would be pissed if it happened to me. That would be equivalent of the paint peeling off your drum within days after purchase.

Reactions: subxero123

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Bowling Green, KY

So, if you buy a new car it's OK if all the brand and model logos fall off in the first week of ownership? IMO, it makes the phone look really cheap.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

20degrees

Oct 11, 2012
Drums are hit where the coating is... Man, not everybody is equipped with common sense.

Car emblems hardly ever fall off but if they did, would it be a non-issue?

G3

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

So, if you buy a new car it's OK if all the brand and model logos fall off in the first week of ownership? IMO, it makes the phone look really cheap.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Didn't even see this post before I posted.

Exactly!

G3

Reactions: americasteam

marper123

Mar 3, 2014
I could understand if after a year and it happened but after a few days? That's not a non issue its a defect. If it happens to mine I will be demanding a new phone.

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
So we've got this issue but I've only seen one picture of it? Also the pic posted here has a crooked letter "n" on the curved part what's up with that....

grifter9931

Jun 26, 2011
Sierre Madre
I am wondering if this is common issue?

More importantly, anyone with white model have this problem too?

I am thinking to cancel my order and wait for later batch if that could make difference ...

Source: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RyanKonnad/posts/JnTrchcQqh7

20141126_221556.jpg

Looks like a bad example of photoshop-ing skills....
When are the letters of the device not straight, or have jagged edges?? Unless the owner tried "fixing" the peeling with white out?

Top Liked Posts