Not Impressed...

Search This thread

Velrix

Apr 23, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
From the 2 hours so far with my S8+ (Had to get it for temp until my UK variant comes in).

I am using the ATT variant and am hoping my Exynos version will not lag as bad as this damn thing. My Axon 7 with stock rom just rooted ran circles around this thing.

Pull the notification menu down = dropped frames
Scroll apps drawer = dropped frames
Animation and Transition effects at 1x = Choppy dropped frames

Everyone keeps saying it's a myth that Samsung's software is not bloated and slow anymore like TW days but I am not impressed this far.

I'm torn because this phone is really beautiful hardware with just slow software.

*Edit* looks like this almost non existent on the Exynos variant so I'm pleased now.

Last edited:

Zer0_

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
From the 2 hours so far with my S8+ (Had to get it for temp until my UK variant comes in).

I am using the ATT variant and am hoping my Exynos version will not lag as bad as this damn thing. My Axon 7 with stock rom just rooted ran circles around this thing.

Everyone keeps saying it's a myth that Samsung's software is not bloated and slow anymore like TW days but I am not impressed this far.

I'm torn because this phone is really beautiful hardware with just slow software.

You must be very unlucky because I have zero lag. Been using it for over a week and have not experienced any lag in any of the 130+ apps i've installed.
You might have some faulty version of the phone.

Wish you better luck with your Exynos version

Velrix

Apr 23, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You must be very unlucky because I have zero lag. Been using it for over a week and have not experienced any lag in any of the 130+ apps i've installed.

The fact it's been present on Best Buy display models, T-Mobiles display and this phone I doubt that. It seems to happen more when running in WQHD for what it's worth. I have disabled a **** ton of bloat with package disabler and it's still not as smooth as the Axon 7 was not my 6s+.

mlock420

Aug 6, 2013
The fact it's been present on Best Buy display models, T-Mobiles display and this phone I doubt that. It seems to happen more when running in WQHD for what it's worth. I have disabled a **** ton of bloat with package disabler and it's still not as smooth as the Axon 7 was not my 6s+.
I'm on tmobile with highest graphic settings no red tint of death and no lag everything is fast at the moment... maybe you got a lemon?

---------- Post added 23rd April 2017 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 22nd April 2017 at 11:58 PM ----------

and I've had my phone since 4/19 or 4/20 can't remember

FokenNewbee

Jul 3, 2007
I'm on tmobile with highest graphic settings no red tint of death and no lag everything is fast at the moment... maybe you got a lemon?

---------- Post added 23rd April 2017 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 22nd April 2017 at 11:58 PM ----------

Yep...same. tmobile, highest settings, and absolutely zero lag

Velrix

Apr 23, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro

The phone is not a *lag fest* it just drops frames and it's noticeable to the naked eye. For instance pull the notifications menu down to your quick shortcuts and collapse the entire menu back to the home screen, you can notice frame drops for that 1 sec function. It's not as fluid as the expansion itself.

Screen transitions such as the fade out to home I see it ever so slightly. It's not laggy as in the cpu/ram is over worked it's just a bloated launcher and possibly ****ty/suboptimal cpu/gpu scheduler.

The only reason I notice this specifically as it's what originally drove me from Samsung years ago. Well that and the locked bootloaders.

We shall see if it's as noticeable with the Exynos variant when it ships out this week.

Reactions: wbarnes4393

busab

Jun 25, 2010
Greer, SC
No lag here either. But I know what you're talking about. I've seen it happen in review videos. I was pretty worried about it.

Maybe try a factory reset?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mlock420

Aug 6, 2013
I've been pulling down notification all day because messages are coming in and don't see frame drops....do I need glasses?...im trying to replicate your problem but I cant....

parmend

Apr 11, 2010
Fort Worth
The only lag I see is when exiting apps , The animation pauses for a split 2nd and then goes away . I think it's a touch wiz launcher thing because when I use Nova launcher I get no lag at all
One thing I wish touch wiz would stop doing when opening a folder on your home page don't take up the entire screen To access the apps inside the folder .

Last edited:

Not sure if troll post or...

This is the fastest mobile device I believe I've ever used. I would put that "snappy" feeling right on par with the iPhone, and probably better in some regards. Return\Replace.

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Running un that mode here exynos version, zero lag. Pretty impresive actually! Maybe a snapdragon issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lag? My rippin lightening fast! Had all the other tech guys at my job also blown away with its speed and fluidity. Blows away Apple too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I don't know ,Dude
    Mines from At&t and zero lag ,everything's flying here

Not sure if troll post or...

This is the fastest mobile device I believe I've ever used. I would put that "snappy" feeling right on par with the iPhone, and probably better in some regards. Return\Replace.