[MOD] Lockscreen Mod, including SystemUI changes

Search This thread

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
I replaced the framework in the AOSP Pack with yours (Lockscreen) . The Moto Cam is included in all available Roms, so there shouldn't be any Problem ;)
If something goes wrong, I'm the Bad Guy :D

Edit: Of course I tested the download Zip again (currently on Omars Rom), I won't let it online if I had any issues. I usually have to fix the Phones, in case something goes wrong ;)

Gesendet von meinem XT890 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

arman68

Sep 22, 2006
Help request with center clock

@shaftenberg: Since you have done such a great job, I would like to use your SystemUI mods as a base. I am trying to change to be centered (changing /res/layout/status_bar.xml). I have tried a few different approaches, but none is quite right. Would you mind looking at what I am doing and pointing me in the right direction?

Method 1, "top level clock": added the following lines at the top, before the first LinearLayout. It works and looks just as I want, but the clock does not disappear during ticker events:
Code:
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock
                android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:id="@id/clock"
                android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

Method 2, "RelativeLayout": find the first "LinearLayout Area", remove everything between the 2 LinearLayout tags (only the first one, not the ticker ones), and replace with the following lines. It works, but the right icon group is all messed up, with the signal cluster having wrong vertical alignment and missing left and right padding. Is is because of the changes you made to the signal cluster?
Code:
<RelativeLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
                android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/moreIcon" 
                android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
        <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
                android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
        <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/battery"
                android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/signal_cluster"
                android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:gravity="center_vertical" />
</RelativeLayout>

Method 3, "new clock LinearLayout section": added the following lines, before the line with @id/statusIcons. Clock is not centered, still part of the right icon block, but on the left of it.
Code:
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock
                android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock"
                android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
</LinearLayout>

arman68

Sep 22, 2006
I am trying to change the clock to be centered (changing /res/layout/status_bar.xml). I have tried a few different approaches, but none is quite right.

Got it working at last: :victory: Man, for such a simple thing, it was pretty hard to figure out...

This will go in the next version AIO mod, with 1% battery icons. I still have quite a few other changes to do before the release though. In the meantime, here is a screenshot: Screenshot_2013-04-17-16-17-43.png

Last edited:
Reactions: crubbish

shaftenberg

Jul 31, 2010
Cologne
Is is because of the changes you made to the signal cluster?

Definitely no.
I did something, this works, but ticker text overlaps the clock... :)

Haven't got much time now, can look deeper in it tomorrow.
I moved the clock line, changed "wrap_content" to "fill_parent" and it works. Maybe that's a step for you:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notification_icon_area" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
[COLOR="Red"]    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" /> [/COLOR]   
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
        </ImageSwitcher>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>

[edit]
I was too late sorry.
Maybe you don't want to let me die dumb, please post the code :D

Last edited:

arman68

Sep 22, 2006
Maybe you don't want to let me die dumb, please post the code :D

Given the changes you have made to the SystemUI and framework, that is definitely not going to happen. Here are my notes, for the centered clock:

Code:
We need to divide the statusbar inside <LinearLayout android:id="@id/icons"/> into 3 <LinearLayouts> using the existing android:id and define android:layout_weight:

1. edit /res/layout/status_bar.xml

2. remove existing clock definition (with android:id="@id/clock")

3. Existing <LinearLayout android:id="@id/notification_icon_area">
        define android:layout_weight="1.0" (it should already be there)

4. Create new <LinearLayout> with android:id="@id/clock" and unspecified android:layout_weight (ie: "0" by default)
        <LinearLayout android:id="@id/clock" android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" > 
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
        </LinearLayout>

5. Existing <LinearLayout android:id="@id/statusIcons">
        define android:layout_weight="1.0"
        define android:layout_width="0.0dip"
        define android:gravity="center|right"

6. Existing <LinearLayout android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster">
        nest into the previous one with android:id="@id/statusIcons"

In addition, I was getting some funky background in the drop down notification clock area. I think it is now fixed:
Code:
In /res/layout/status_bar_expanded_header.xml replace existing line 2
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:background="@drawable/notification_header_bg" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:baselineAligned="false"
        with
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:background="#ff000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/notification_panel_header_height" android:baselineAligned="false"

For completeness, here is my full status_bar.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notification_icon_area" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:id="@id/clock" android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" > 
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center|right" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent"  android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
                <ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            </LinearLayout>
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
        </ImageSwitcher>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>

Reactions: shaftenberg

shaftenberg

Jul 31, 2010
Cologne
Can someone help me?
What I want is to remove the carrier label on the lockscreen (this is easy) and put the lock circle more to the bottom (this is easy too) - BUT if the music widget appears, the lock circle moves down and cuts in half.

I'd like to get a fixed position for the lock circle, equal if music widget is visible or not. How can it be done? Anyone?

Here is the code of the bottom part:

Code:
    <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:layout_gravity="left" android:id="@id/status1" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/secured_lockscreen_status_side_margin" android:singleLine="true" android:drawablePadding="4.0dip" />
    <include android:id="@id/transport" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="80.0dip" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/secured_lockscreen_status_side_margin" android:layout_marginTop="6.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="@dimen/secured_lockscreen_status_side_margin" layout="@layout/keyguard_transport_control" />
    <RelativeLayout android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="380.0dip" android:layout_row="4">
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true">
            <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/moto_keyguard_lockscreen_statusview_textsize" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="?textColorSecondary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/carrier" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="32.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="6.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <FrameLayout android:gravity="bottom" android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="370.0dip">
            <com.android.internal.widget.multiwaveview.GlowPadView android:gravity="top" android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/unlock_widget" android:focusable="true" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:innerRadius="@dimen/glowpadview_inner_radius" android:targetDescriptions="@array/lockscreen_target_descriptions_with_camera" android:directionDescriptions="@array/lockscreen_direction_descriptions" android:outerRingDrawable="@drawable/ic_lockscreen_outerring" android:pointDrawable="@drawable/ic_lockscreen_glowdot" android:glowRadius="@dimen/glowpadview_glow_radius" android:targetDrawables="@array/lockscreen_targets_with_camera" android:handleDrawable="@drawable/ic_lockscreen_handle" android:outerRadius="@dimen/glowpadview_target_placement_radius" android:vibrationDuration="20" android:snapMargin="@dimen/glowpadview_snap_margin" android:feedbackCount="1" />
        </FrameLayout>
    </RelativeLayout>

ajael44

Jun 12, 2008
Changé
Hey !

V2.0 is just amazing ! Very good job !

Could you make the same with center JB font clock with the bold hours ?

Like this :

disable-widgets-and-camera-access-lockscreen-android-jelly-bean-4-2.w654.jpg

Thx in advance !

Enjoy !
;)

Last edited:

Henning84

Apr 1, 2013
nice, i like it! thank you.
maybe in the next update, there is a transparent music control?
that would be great!

avedeacero

Jan 23, 2012
MMHO
Hey !

V2.0 is just amazing ! Very good job !

Could you make the same with center JB font clock with the bold hours ?

Like this :

disable-widgets-and-camera-access-lockscreen-android-jelly-bean-4-2.w654.jpg

Thx in advance !

Enjoy !
;)

My friend shaftenberg, I appreciate the help to make the lockscreen look like the screenshoot. I'm not familiarized with the apktool, and in my attemps to install and decompile framework failed. Maybe you can share an explained tutorial. I've read http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1891686 and I've used your files (apktool) shared a few post ago. I'm so sorry with my poor english, hope I explained. Thanks.

metalmoot

Oct 10, 2010
Nantes
Great mod, thanks for your time on that

I just want the clock to be centered in statutbar and it will be perfect

PS : true black instead of gradient blue is beautiful (and battery smooth as I understood)

Thanks again and keeping us to be proud of our Razr I

Sent From My Beaned Razr I

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

I decided to share some changes I made to the UI, mostly to the Lockscreen as I didn't like Moto's icons.
    This is "take it or leave it" :) If you don't agree to the things I like, please do it by yourself or leave this package alone.

This is a CWM-package, install it from there. The package will replace framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and MotGallery.apk and will delete the *.odex files, so this Mod works for odexed and deodexed systems JB 91.2.26001 en.EU.

What I did:

(framework-res.apk)
    - changed icons for new lockscreen (AOSP style)
    - removed the silent switch
    - removed phone and messaging shortcut
    - removed the SOS icon
    - removed the dividers
    - new lockscreen circle
    - reworked the music lockscreen widget
    - changed blue gradient background in many apps to solid black (since v1.4)
    - changed LED blinking rate from 800/3200ms to 500/1500ms
    - 2 versions to flash: Notification LED in green (standard) or blue, see attachments

(SystemUI.apk)
    - removed the carrier label in status bar completely
    - changed the GSM signal to standard Holo color (blue)
    - reworked the standard battery icon to fit the blue of the clock, made it slightly smaller and nicer (especially the red battery icon)
    - reworked signal cluster completely, no gap anymore between Wifi and GSM icon

Caution: in order to get the white camera icon working, I needed to change the standard camera icon of MotCamera.apk - so this apk will be exchanged too!

Caution: Since version 2.0 there is no need to change MotCamera.apk anymore, so I left it out of the CWM package. If you flashed the old LockscreenMod and want the stock camera (with a new fancy blue icon, see screenshot!) back, just flash JB-Camera.zip in CWM, too. This must only be done once! Clear cache and dalvik afterwards.

If you never flashed my Mod before, you don't need to flash Camera (but you may if you want).

Enjoy!
    And please make a backup first, just for your convenience.

Update 1.1:
    - found a nicer drag handle, added it in framework-res.apk

Update 1.2:
    - changed notification LED blinking rate from 800ms/3200ms (ON/OFF) to 500ms/1500ms (unreceived calls, GMail...)

Update 1.3
    - reworked signal cluster in SystemUI.apk with new standard Holo icons, no gap between Wifi and GSM icon anymore
    - smaller drag handle in lockscreen, finally found the standard one
    - 2 versions: Notification LED in blue or standard green (for unreceived calls, messaging, GMail, ...)

Update 1.4
    - changed blue gradient background in many apps to solid black

Update 1.4.1
    - Changed Lockscreen circle to a half circle

Update 2.0
    - Completely rewritten unlock circle, just AOSP now, see screenshots!
    - reworked music control, so that the circle fits in a whole
    - since v2.0 you don't need to change MotCamera.apk anymore, read above!

Update 2.0t
    - added a transparent music widget for v2.0-blue (date and carrier half transparent too)

Update 2.1
    - lock circle stays in same position now, regardless if music widget is active or not
    - removed carrier label, so that lock circle is in the lower third (you can see carrier if you slide down status bar)
    - full date instead of abbreviated weekday (Germany only)
    - from now on I will only maintain the "blue LED/transparent widget" version, as I use it myself

Update 2.1a
    - same as 2.1, but with a menu button instead of the recent button, see here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42274692&postcount=115
    Dear guys...

I appreciate your thanks and honour very much! That's fine for me as I got very much from XDA until today and I'm glad being able giving something back to the community.
    But please stay away from feature requests for this and that. In the OP I stated that this mod is a "take it or leave it" package, I do this firstly for me and my taste and I'd like to share it for free with you. Happy that so many people like this.
    Every user has its own taste and it is impossible for me to fulfill every need, I would have to create 10+ packages then. Here blue LED, there centered clock, here 1% Battery, there bigger font, etc... Impossible :D

So, to clarify and to explain why:

- Thick hour font in the clock widget: NO! I find this disturbing, not to say ugly design. This keeps me from updating my Nexus7 from 4.1.2 to 4.2, so I will never change this in my RAZR for sure.

- Centered clock in status bar: Don't like this, Apple design, just no.

- 1% Battery in status bar: Months ago I had this in AOKP on my old Galaxy Nexus. I find it frustrating to see the battery dropping one percent to another. Every time I switched on the phone, I checked battery number at first, just felt like an OCD patient and got nervous. "Will it last?", "What? Another percent dropped in 10 minutes?" - my god...
    I'm so happy now just to see a nice small battery again. When it drops to 15%, it gets red and I know, that I have enough time, because I own a RAZRi with much capacity left... FYI, I modded the 30% blue battery icon, it's slightly smaller than before. You'll see when your phone drops to a third, just relax.

- No, I don't like to write any tutorials for apktool, there are so many good ones here at XDA. Read them just as I did. Take this mod and do whatever you want, learn, be happy and proud of yourself if you do something, what YOU like.

and

- I've done a transparent widget for the blue version though, see OP :)
    Can u change the colors for the email notification in blue or any color?

It's only possible to change the color for ALL notifications. Standard color (Mail, SMS, unreceived call, GMail) is green. Yes, this could be changed, but only for all apps together.

If you need separate colors, use LightFlow from market.

[edit]
    There you go, I updated the OP with 2 new zip's, enjoy!
    In the OP I stated that this mod is a "take it or leave it" package, I do this firstly for me and my taste and I'd like to share it for free with you.

Hear, hear...

I totally understand your point your view, and I do exactly the same with the AIO mod. I do it first and foremost for me. Publishing it here is already additional effort in testing, documenting, more focus on stability, which is very time consuming.

So I would like to say, thank you for your mod, I think lots of people were waiting for something like this. It certainly got me started on adding SystemUI changes to the AIO mod, which I do not think I would have done otherwise.

I have used your SystemUI as a base for my changes. So for those people who want a bold centered clock, and 1% battery mod, you can either install the AIO mod, or just extract the SystemUI.apk from it.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

- Centered clock in status bar: Don't like this, Apple design, just no.

:laugh: Do I sense some anti-apple feelings?

Actually, I do not agree with you, and I think the centered clock in status bar is great, which is why I added it. But, I did not do it because of apple... For all it is worth, I think apple has lost their edge in the UI design department years ago, and a complete re-haul of iOS is long overdue.

There are a few reasons I think the centered clock is great:
    • It makes for a smooth transition from the locked to unlocked state. When unlocking the phone, I have always found very disturbing the sudden appearance of the clock in the top right corner, and the subsequent shifting to the left of the status icons. Brrrr... it sends chills down my spine :eek: When it is centered, the clock just appears seamlessly, without disturbing the Chi :D
    • It is a bit more visible, and since checking the time is most phone users favourite past time ;) let's make it as convenient as possible. Granted, the top right corner also works well, but the eyes focus naturally toward the middle.
    • Having the clock on the right looks really akward with a battery icon that shows the numerical percentage: too much information (dinosaur brain).
    • It is great, because it was so bloody hard to get working. Properly. Without bugs, without ticker overlap, without notification or status icon overlap!

[RANT]
    If you ask me, and even if you don't, the dumbest design is clock widgets: why would anyone want to see the time twice on their small screen? Could one of the clocks be running faster than the other? Either there should be a clock in the status bar and no clock widget, or a clock widget and no clock in the status bar in the home screen (like in the lock screen).
    [/RANT]
    Wierd quierk

So for some reason the spotify lockscreen widget works with LockscreenMod_2.1a-blueLED-MENUBUTTON.zip but not LockscreenMod_2.1-blueLED-TRANSPARENT.zip

The normal music player lockscreen widget works on both.
    Am I being retarded?