Slidepad 704CET JB 4.2.2

Search This thread

pierrottls31

Jul 4, 2013
Paris
CAUTION: USE THIS ROM AS YOUR OWN RISK.......Be sure you have the official rom in case it is not working for you. It appears that even though you have the same tablet Reference, depending on when you buy it, hardware might be a bit different and most likely you will take the risk of having a unusable Touch screen or wifi...
It works for me on my SP704CET bought in France. (I use LSMOD and here the loaded driver: mxc622x, rtl8150, mcs 7830, qf9700, asix, sun5i_csi, gc0308, camera, cedarx, mali, gsl1680, gt811, byd693x,ZET622X, ssd253x, ft5x_ts)

Hi all,

If anyone is interrested in J.B.4.2.2 for Memup SlidePad 704 CET (Only CET, I did not test on 704 CE.
I can post the rom image created... (I will post it later on tonight)
Leave me a private message if you need it.

Content of the ROM

- Rom basically design for Manta13
- Your device will have MID13 as name (No more CET704)
- Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Fast rom (Menu and all are way faster than 4.1.1 original firmware)
- CWM mod recovery working out of the box
- Root device with Play store.

This ROM come as east country language first, you need to go to setting icon, the language (Icon with a White A letter) and the first option will be language, select yours.

to check you table model, look on the back of the table, even if on the back it says 704CE, you need to look at the white sticker that will say if it is a CE or CET.

As usual, to flash the image, go to boot loader and use livesuite 1.7.

Procedure on the SP704CET with livesuit:

- completly turn off the tablet, unplug cable
- start livesuite and select the downloaded image file
- keep the VOL- button pressed and plug the usb cable
- without releasing the VOL- button press the Power button 6 times.
- You should hear windows sound saying a USB device has been plugged
- if windows request it, install the driver from Livesuitefolder\usbdriver
- Livesuite should automatically start the flashing process.
- when prompted, "Format device" press YEs. (It might take a minute)
- When it s 100% you tablet should reboot.
Done.

External download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!F4NizYZI!Tei4mztIuhv_jccLQCYWvBo5rZNI-0057p3MxzvoFNc

Note: I did not invent anything, thanks to the good work of MANTA team members. I just found out this rom works, I just had to modify the touchscreen drivers and idc files.

Cheers

Last edited:

pierrottls31

Jul 4, 2013
Paris
I managed to create an other rom:

link:

Linked removed, this rom is bogus. Use the 1st one, i will try to update it again when i get back :)

Same version as the previous one with:

- Change to build.prop to match the tablet name 704CET (previous rom was detected as MANTA MID13, from the originial rom)
- Modified boot animation
- added some JellyBam tweak and application (if needed you can installed them from the apk files located in /system/app)
- Add Jellybam static and dynamic wall paper
- other small modifications

Let me know if you like it.

Small hick, you will need to reinstall firefox, the version I add to the rom is not working after first boot
go to /system/app and install jellybam launcher etc...

I hope you will like it, this is only my second rom cooking :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: imtheyoyo

pierrottls31

Jul 4, 2013
Paris
Guys,

Can you let me know what do you think of this rom? any customization idea I might integrate in a newer version?
Also let me know if that works for you..

if someone has a 704CE and can test the rom.... I can make another verison for 704 CE if you letme know the driver you need (Use an original rom, install any terminal emulator and run lsmod and post the result, just the loaded module names.)

Thanks.

cpe1

Jul 19, 2013
Memup 704cet

Guys,

Can you let me know what do you think of this rom? any customization idea I might integrate in a newer version?
Also let me know if that works for you..

if someone has a 704CE and can test the rom.... I can make another verison for 704 CE if you letme know the driver you need (Use an original rom, install any terminal emulator and run lsmod and post the result, just the loaded module names.)

Thanks.

CWM not working in the new model send from factort a week ago.
Installs , mas every time goes to cwm e never gets the menu.
Tkanks

cpe1

Jul 19, 2013
Memup 704cet

Arf, did you do the "format mode" in live suit? If not try it, latest rom may have a different nand mapping.

Cheers
Tkans for your rapid unser. I already did it (format with suit ) Here is the picture it says after going to cwm e never comes back to the manta menu.

Tks a lot for the help.
Note i just received this tablet 2 days ago from MemUp service/garanty

Attachments

• CWMError.jpg
    CWMError.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 468

pierrottls31

Jul 4, 2013
Paris
Tkans for your rapid unser. I already did it (format with suit ) Here is the picture it says after going to cwm e never comes back to the manta menu.

Tks a lot for the help.
Note i just received this tablet 2 days ago from MemUp service/garanty

2 thing comes to my mind. First, try to restore with the original firmware first, make sure it, works. Then try to reapply the rom ( use the first one i post, i found out the second one is bogus and my tablet is restarting by herself from time to time.

From the screen shot it looks like your tablet doesnot have same nand mapping as mine. Try the first rom and letmme know. Cheers

cpe1

Jul 19, 2013
Memup 704cet

2 thing comes to my mind. First, try to restore with the original firmware first, make sure it, works. Then try to reapply the rom ( use the first one i post, i found out the second one is bogus and my tablet is restarting by herself from time to time.

From the screen shot it looks like your tablet doesnot have same nand mapping as mine. Try the first rom and letmme know. Cheers

Thanks again.
No results not working.
I find this 4.2.2 A13_86VS_M758C1_1305007_20130503 from MANTA that works perfect.
The only thing is donot have CWM.

Nov 5, 2012
Guimarães
Question about instalation

Hi again!

I already have CWM installed and rooted the tablet, do i have to do anything before install this rom or is just install over the current rom?

Thanks for the link btw!

pierrottls31

Jul 4, 2013
Paris
Hi again!

I already have CWM installed and rooted the tablet, do i have to do anything before install this rom or is just install over the current rom?

Thanks for the link btw!

You can read the first post of this thread, basically no problem, you can do it whenever as you have to switch to Bootloader mode.
It will replace your current rom and delete everything you have on the tablet.

Good luck :)

pierrottls31

Jul 4, 2013
Paris
you can use the Faaast JB custom rom with the correct driver

Hi, I cannot test this rom on 704CE as I do not have this tablet anymore. Also, this rom is for 704 CET so it will not work on CE. This is a driver issue... so the rom should install fine but you might have no TOuchscreen or no Wifi.....
If you know about replacing a driver in Android, you might want to try it (make sure you have the original rom just in case)

I manage to do this driver thing on my 704 CET tablet and it works well. you can help yourself with this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42274265

you can even use this rom (Fast jelly bean custom rom) and download the needed driver... (For your information, I have tested this fast JB rom on my 704 CET with the appropriate driver and it works fine, and it is super fast) . If you want to know the driver use on your tablet, run a adb shell and type lsmod (You will have a list of loaded/used driver.)

My advice, if you dont know how to use adb command, do not try it.

I hope this will help.

Best regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CAUTION: USE THIS ROM AS YOUR OWN RISK.......Be sure you have the official rom in case it is not working for you. It appears that even though you have the same tablet Reference, depending on when you buy it, hardware might be a bit different and most likely you will take the risk of having a unusable Touch screen or wifi...
    It works for me on my SP704CET bought in France. (I use LSMOD and here the loaded driver: mxc622x, rtl8150, mcs 7830, qf9700, asix, sun5i_csi, gc0308, camera, cedarx, mali, gsl1680, gt811, byd693x,ZET622X, ssd253x, ft5x_ts)

Hi all,

If anyone is interrested in J.B.4.2.2 for Memup SlidePad 704 CET (Only CET, I did not test on 704 CE.
    I can post the rom image created... (I will post it later on tonight)
    Leave me a private message if you need it.

Content of the ROM

- Rom basically design for Manta13
    - Your device will have MID13 as name (No more CET704)
    - Jelly Bean 4.2.2
    - Fast rom (Menu and all are way faster than 4.1.1 original firmware)
    - CWM mod recovery working out of the box
    - Root device with Play store.

This ROM come as east country language first, you need to go to setting icon, the language (Icon with a White A letter) and the first option will be language, select yours.

to check you table model, look on the back of the table, even if on the back it says 704CE, you need to look at the white sticker that will say if it is a CE or CET.

As usual, to flash the image, go to boot loader and use livesuite 1.7.

Procedure on the SP704CET with livesuit:

- completly turn off the tablet, unplug cable
    - start livesuite and select the downloaded image file
    - keep the VOL- button pressed and plug the usb cable
    - without releasing the VOL- button press the Power button 6 times.
    - You should hear windows sound saying a USB device has been plugged
    - if windows request it, install the driver from Livesuitefolder\usbdriver
    - Livesuite should automatically start the flashing process.
    - when prompted, "Format device" press YEs. (It might take a minute)
    - When it s 100% you tablet should reboot.
    Done.

External download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!F4NizYZI!Tei4mztIuhv_jccLQCYWvBo5rZNI-0057p3MxzvoFNc

Note: I did not invent anything, thanks to the good work of MANTA team members. I just found out this rom works, I just had to modify the touchscreen drivers and idc files.

Cheers
    Hi,

The link to download rom isnt working

Hi The link has expired.

The new link is here...;

http://ovh.to/ZLaz9e

Will be available for 30 days.

Enjoy.
    I managed to create an other rom:

link:

Linked removed, this rom is bogus. Use the 1st one, i will try to update it again when i get back :)

Same version as the previous one with:

- Change to build.prop to match the tablet name 704CET (previous rom was detected as MANTA MID13, from the originial rom)
    - Modified boot animation
    - added some JellyBam tweak and application (if needed you can installed them from the apk files located in /system/app)
    - Add Jellybam static and dynamic wall paper
    - other small modifications

Let me know if you like it.

Small hick, you will need to reinstall firefox, the version I add to the rom is not working after first boot
    go to /system/app and install jellybam launcher etc...

I hope you will like it, this is only my second rom cooking :)

Cheers
    Can you repost the link please ? Thank you.

Hi,

Here is the new link: (Sorry for the delay but my provider only share for a max of 30 days... :( )

http://ovh.to/5guuwGa

Have fun
    There is the permanent link : 704CET_JB4.2.2_V1.img (560.5 Mo)

Thanks again for your work pierrottls31.

Thanks again for posting the link.
    have fun.
    salut