Search This thread

kb7sqi

Oct 16, 2008
North Carolina
There's a new Official HTC Magic update located here:
http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=267&cat=2&dl_id=633

Here's the info on the page:

Improved Functions
1. Google Maps has been updated to version 3.1.1.
2. Setup Wizard has been updated to load all privacy policies and Google Terms of Service from the network.
3. Fixed Exchange Contact and Calendar synchronization issues. After editing contacts without a photo assigned, contact synchronization would fail. After editing calendar appointments and accepting changes using ‘enter’ calendar synchronization would fail.
4. Fixed authentication failure when manually setting up an Exchange server account.
5. Google security patch fix. For details, please refer to http://www.ocert.org/advisories/ocert-2009-011.html

Note:
* The update is available for the following regions:
Portugal- ROM version 1.19.410.1;
Nordic- ROM version 1.19.409.2

Could some one please make this available for download? You need a valid serial number to download it. I'd like to use it to update a custom rogers build for the G1/Dream. Thanks.

HellHitZ

Aug 2, 2006
I sent you a link by PM, I'd post it here but it's on rapidshare limited to 10 downloads...

kb7sqi

Oct 16, 2008
North Carolina
Thanks! I'm downloading it now. Hopefully it'll help get rid of a few annoying bugs in the Roger builds. Like stuck widgets, etc. I'll let you know how it turns out.

kb7sqi

Oct 16, 2008
North Carolina
Sent ;) Can someone who I PMed upload it somewhere else please?

I've posted the rom.zip file from the:
RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_HTC_PTG_release _signed_NoDriver.exe

file on my web server temporarily since I kept getting time outs while trying to upload it to rapidshare. I'll leave it up for a week or so. If you want the original file, I can upload that to the server as well. I don't run windows, so I simply used wine to extract the rom.zip. Here's the link & md5sum:

http://kb7sqi.com/files/misc/android/rom.zip

0caed9ff7097c40a2086f0f7f55e7fa0 rom.zip

http://kb7sqi.com/files/misc/androi....17.401.2_HTC_PTG_release_signed_NoDriver.exe

cbd568371724c3f496130449f0da9f0e RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_HTC_PTG_release_signed_NoDriver.exe

Hope this will helps. ;) HellHitZ, thanks for the original file again! I just posted the original file just in case.

Steve

Last edited:

hotweiss

Jun 17, 2009
Warsaw
I've posted the rom.zip file from the:
RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_HTC_PTG_release _signed_NoDriver.exe

file on my web server temporarily since I kept getting time outs while trying to upload it to rapidshare. I'll leave it up for a week or so. If you want the original file, I can upload that to the server as well. I don't run windows, so I simply used wine to extract the rom.zip. Here's the link & md5sum:

http://kb7sqi.com/files/misc/android/rom.zip

0caed9ff7097c40a2086f0f7f55e7fa0 rom.zip

http://kb7sqi.com/files/misc/androi....17.401.2_HTC_PTG_release_signed_NoDriver.exe

cbd568371724c3f496130449f0da9f0e RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_HTC_PTG_release_signed_NoDriver.exe

Hope this will helps. ;) HellHitZ, thanks for the original file again! I just posted the original file just in case.

Steve

Thank-you very much.

kb7sqi

Oct 16, 2008
North Carolina
I just wanted to thank HellHitZ one more time. I was successful in using the system.img to update a custom version of Virtudude's V3 Rom along w/ some other minor updates for the G1. I didn't even wipe before upgrading & the speed difference is very noticable. So thanks again!

aknotnot

Jul 23, 2009
SPL update

Hi to all,

Pay attention that an update to the SPL will be made and you will probably lose the capability to get root for the phone.

SPL before: 1.33.0009
SPL after: 1.33.0010

aknotnot

hotweiss

Jun 17, 2009
Warsaw
I just wanted to thank HellHitZ one more time. I was successful in using the system.img to update a custom version of Virtudude's V3 Rom along w/ some other minor updates for the G1. I didn't even wipe before upgrading & the speed difference is very noticable. So thanks again!

Speed difference? Are you sure?

kb7sqi

Oct 16, 2008
North Carolina
Speed difference? Are you sure?

Hi hotweiss,
It is noticeable. I left Virtudude's boot.img alone & simply updated all apk's, system frameworks, & a few libs, along w/ adding Cyanogen' Dalvik VM from Donut. Then I added some stuff from Soulife's Rogers Remix 2.9.2 rom. Only minor stuff there. There's no optimization on the apk's, or the frameworks. When I first flashed it, I didn't wipe first. All my apps were still in place, the only problem I had was I had re-create all my email accounts in the updated Mail app. Once I did that, everything was fine. While out working thru early morning hours @ a customer site & roaming on AT&T I also noticed a huge difference in the browser. I've been testing the rom over 16 hours now & I'm happy with it. It does what I set out to accomplish. It's a stable rom requested by some friends that didn't want apps pushed to the sd automatically & isn't themed. It might not be running the latest kernel & have all the new stuff added like other roms, but some people don't care for all that. Just providing another option ;) I haven't looked at your latest version 1.11. How much of the update did you use? Curious. Take care.

Apr 21, 2009
Hi hotweiss,
It is noticeable. I left Virtudude's boot.img alone & simply updated all apk's, system frameworks, & a few libs, along w/ adding Cyanogen' Dalvik VM from Donut. Then I added some stuff from Soulife's Rogers Remix 2.9.2 rom. Only minor stuff there. There's no optimization on the apk's, or the frameworks. When I first flashed it, I didn't wipe first. All my apps were still in place, the only problem I had was I had re-create all my email accounts in the updated Mail app. Once I did that, everything was fine. While out working thru early morning hours @ a customer site & roaming on AT&T I also noticed a huge difference in the browser. I've been testing the rom over 16 hours now & I'm happy with it. It does what I set out to accomplish. It's a stable rom requested by some friends that didn't want apps pushed to the sd automatically & isn't themed. It might not be running the latest kernel & have all the new stuff added like other roms, but some people don't care for all that. Just providing another option ;) I haven't looked at your latest version 1.11. How much of the update did you use? Curious. Take care.

So are you using the new boot.img? If so, are there any differences ? iptables, tun etc. ?

kb7sqi

Oct 16, 2008
North Carolina
So are you using the new boot.img? If so, are there any differences ? iptables, tun etc. ?

The rom I updated using this update is for the T-Mobile G1 which was originally mod'ed by Virtudude, so I kept his boot.img. I only wanted the updated apk's/frameworks, etc. :) I didn't even look at the boot.img that came w/ this update sorry. I'll let the more qualified "Magic/Sapphire" devs here answer the questions about the new boot.img. Take care.