First Plausible MyTouch Root

Search This thread

zambezy

Oct 8, 2008
So the 0007 Is Perfect SPL also..

Can you fake the SPL version in the file its self and down grade to 0004????

aron7awol

Jan 26, 2006
We know that the downgrade protection is controlled by the device, not the SPL, so we can forget about downgrading.

All known 1.33.0006, 1.33.0007, and 1.33.0010 are perfect SPLs.
All known 1.33.0008 and 1.33.0009 are SPLs that support fastboot.

MainVer 1.88 ---> SPL 1.33.0006 (MyTouch stock)
MainVer 1.89 ---> SPL 1.33.0007
MainVer ???? ---> SPL 1.33.0008 ???
MainVer ???? ---> SPL 1.33.0009 ???
MainVer 2.17 ---> SPL 1.33.0010

Notice a pattern? Doesn't it seem possible a ROM exists with a MainVer > 1.89 with a 1.33.0008 or 1.33.0009 SPL? We better hope so...

zambezy

Oct 8, 2008
I know that the system would not let you downgrade but if the system is seeing a file with 1.89,0007 It would let you flash it even though it would be an older file 1.8x,0004. Its just a mater of finding where in the file that information is held and what checksums are in place to verify it.

compare the 0006, 0007, and 0004 files in hex editor and see what areas differ and we can concentrate on those...

Last edited:

aron7awol

Jan 26, 2006
I know that the system would not let you downgrade but if the system is seeing a file with 1.89,0007 It would let you flash it even though it would be an older file 1.8x,0004. Its just a mater of finding where in the file that information is held and what checksums are in place to verify it.

compare the 0006, 0007, and 0004 files in hex editor and see what areas differ and we can concentrate on those...

This is not directed solely at you, zambezy:

Guys, please stop suggesting we modify NBHs or anything inside them. We cannot modify any of these. If we change anything, we need to re-sign. We cannot re-sign. We don't have the release keys.

zambezy

Oct 8, 2008
If we can not modify those files we cant get different SPL. I dont see how this will be possible in any other way.

Is it possible to get the S=ON/OFF changed in any way...

Last edited:

aron7awol

Jan 26, 2006
If we can not modify those files we cant get different SPL. I dont see how this will be possible in any other way.

Is it possible to get the S=ON/OFF changed in any way...

The only way this is possible is to find a ROM with a MainVer > 1.89 with a 1.33.0008 or 1.33.0009 or other fastboot SPL.

We don't yet fully understand what controls whether a device is S=ON or S=OFF. I can't say yes or no, but if I had to guess, I would say no, we can't change it (easily).

Amon_RA

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
The only way this is possible is to find a ROM with a MainVer > 1.89 with a 1.33.0008 or 1.33.0009 or other fastboot SPL.

We don't yet fully understand what controls whether a device is S=ON or S=OFF. I can't say yes or no, but if I had to guess, I would say no, we can't change it (easily).

S=ON/OFF is probably a setting in the Qualcomm chipset, just like the frequency bands. These can be changed if you have the necessary tools (it's probably just an AT command).

zambezy

Oct 8, 2008
It seems to me that such rom doesn't exist and would not be released...
The fact the TMO is not doing any updates to their phone is scary because it would be outdated in few mounts when Dounut comes out.

I might just return my phone and buy Rogers Magic and go to ATT.... I might be able to cancel my contract. If TMO can play these games Im not going to give them my money.

mr_black03

Aug 16, 2007
Honolulu
www.andyappz.com
It seems to me that such rom doesn't exist and would not be released...
The fact the TMO is not doing any updates to their phone is scary because it would be outdated in few mounts when Dounut comes out.

I might just return my phone and buy Rogers Magic and go to ATT.... I might be able to cancel my contract. If TMO can play these games Im not going to give them my money.

I am not super excited about this but you cant say that tmobile is crap and go over 2 AT&T do you realize how much they screw ppl and this is not the only time any carrier has tried to keep a user from modifying a phone...can you say iPhone? VZW and AT&T are the worst in this department tmo is usually a bit more liberal w/ their hand sets, pretty much once an exploit is found they will not patch it. They cant release a phone that is completely open. No carrier in the US has or will, its the american way.

mykenyc

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix
I am not super excited about this but you cant say that tmobile is crap and go over 2 AT&T do you realize how much they screw ppl and this is not the only time any carrier has tried to keep a user from modifying a phone...can you say iPhone? VZW and AT&T are the worst in this department tmo is usually a bit more liberal w/ their hand sets, pretty much once an exploit is found they will not patch it. They cant release a phone that is completely open. No carrier in the US has or will, its the american way.

Yea glad i got this for free hopefully its hacked before the bb 9700 come out or im going to replace this :( .. i love android but had it for 3 wks so far and getting bored i love to hack my phones...