Last edited:

dark.blue

Nov 25, 2010
Yogyakarta

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
could be said that you are master.
in your opinion, which one is better overall, JB or KK bootloader?

I'd say it depends on the ROM you want to run. Some are compatible with the old jbbl, some the new kkbl.

My device (Photon Q) never received the KK bootloader, so all I have is the JB bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

why take you guys so long to update your website?

Is there something specific you'd like to see updated, or are you just complaining in general?

Keep in mind, this isn't a job - we're doing this all for free, and in our free time. Some teams don't even have a website...
    The "latest" version of carbon is on the JB bootloader, while the latest of CM11 is on the KK bootloader. So to use carbon, you would need to downgrade the bootloader.

I am on the JB bootloader and running the last release of carbon on an XT905. The GPS works very well, and I get a cold lock outdoors in a few seconds. I can even get a solid lock inside my apartment with the blinds closed.

Indeed. There's also a new device at CM11, moto_msm8960_jbbl.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54553631&postcount=405

I've built Carbon using these trees, and will resurrect the device. Just need to sort out this roomservice issue and it should build on the new bi-weekly schedule!

Edit - done.

You must be running the old 4.1.2 JB bootloader setup - this is basically for folks who can't upgrade to the new KK bootloader from moto for whatever reason.
    Maybe, but these recorded calls were specifically within this 3rd party app.

I'm just letting you know there's no need to install a third party app :) (especially if it's causing issues!)
    Some of us like the simplicity and others like customizations. No need to advertise beanstalk here

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk