Galaxy S Official Froyo coming mid September

Search This thread

CommanderROR

May 4, 2008
http://www.areamobile.de/news/16376-android-2-2-fuer-galaxy-s-froyo-update-kommt-mitte-september

This german site apparantly has first-hand information that Samsung is planning to roll out the Froyo update mid-September, via Kies of course...
This makes me wonder how close to final the JPC update was...
Also, Kies ist just downloading an update (and taking forever to do it) which might also point at things approaching some kind of big release. I have no idea whether the GPS fixes and Lag fixes will be included in this mid-September release, but I'd guess it's pretty unlikely since the last info from Samsung was that they are "looking into it" implying that they don't really know yet. Maybe we'll at least see some improvement, test runs with Jm6, Jm7 and JPc indicate that GPS performance is being worked on at least.
We'll see what September will give us and then start hoping for October updates... ;)

Greg82uk

Apr 6, 2006
Bedfordshire
www.gmassey.co.uk
I'm watching the new version of Kies trickle on to my PC as I type... I was thinking the same... is this a new Kies which won't brick Bell user's phones when they try to upgrade to Froyo!? It seems finding out what's new will take a while though... been downloading this update for about an hour already... and still have 37meg to go! :eek:S

Evans_Prophet

Feb 6, 2006
http://www.areamobile.de/news/16376-android-2-2-fuer-galaxy-s-froyo-update-kommt-mitte-september

This german site apparantly has first-hand information that Samsung is planning to roll out the Froyo update mid-September, via Kies of course...
This makes me wonder how close to final the JPC update was...
Also, Kies ist just downloading an update (and taking forever to do it) which might also point at things approaching some kind of big release. I have no idea whether the GPS fixes and Lag fixes will be included in this mid-September release, but I'd guess it's pretty unlikely since the last info from Samsung was that they are "looking into it" implying that they don't really know yet. Maybe we'll at least see some improvement, test runs with Jm6, Jm7 and JPc indicate that GPS performance is being worked on at least.
We'll see what September will give us and then start hoping for October updates... ;)

I suppose this is in line with the same line of announcements that were stating that a Korean Froyo would be available by end of August...

CommanderROR

May 4, 2008
Mine just finished. So far all it's telling me is that I can't update from JPC...well...that#s not exactly new, but it also isn't mid-September yet...^^

dehem333

Aug 21, 2010
I"m kinda noob @ android stuff , atm I got the Galaxy S rooted with lag fix is kies the only possibility to get the new offical froyo soon? so yes , is there anyway a good tutorial for how to use kies..

alovell83

Jun 29, 2010
Lippstadt
I suppose this is in line with the same line of announcements that were stating that a Korean Froyo would be available by end of August...

I definitely think delaying past mid-September is a bad move. Many other high end phones using the official 2.2 builds for about a month or more.

Then again, the announcement on Korean Froyo turned out to give false hope to a guy like me. Someone was saying how Optus would be getting this because he heard from an Optus rep that they were. I stated at that time there are 3 days left in August and Korea hadn't been upgraded now we are entering the weekend and will probably end the weekend waking up on the 6th of Sept without Froyo, so if everything else gets delayed the same amount of time...it doesn't mean great things for the rollout.

That said, I do think the hardware is similar enough that I was originally surprised to hear they might get Froyo as many as two weeks before the next countr(y/ies). Maybe they will condense the rollout timeframe.

opica

Jul 21, 2010
Maybe a download link?

i have 1.5.1.10074_2 and it's the only one available on samsungmobile pages (at least for UK and my country)

evil-doer

Aug 4, 2010
Ontario
mine isnt showing an update either. im running 1.5.1.10074_2

edit:
nevermind. i turned stuff on and off a few times and now its updating.

edit again:
it started doing a download or something. then after maybe 20 seconds it went away and the program restarted and its back to the old version and doesnt show any updates available. wtf..

Last edited:
T

Tehpriest

Kies_1.5.1.10074_2_6 running

Shows as downloading Kies_1.5.1.10074.45

majava

Sep 3, 2010
Definitely looking forward for the upgrafe. Mainly for flash.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

opica

Jul 21, 2010
It would be nice if a changelog for Kies versions would be available.
Version 1.5.1.10074.45 is probably not official for SGS since it's not available under SGS's support pages, I'm wondering what have they fixed or changed.
But it probably couldn't get worse since Kies is a very shi*ty piece of sw...

TeamSancheZz

Aug 23, 2010
Hamilton
It would be nice if a changelog for Kies versions would be available.
Version 1.5.1.10074.45 is probably not official for SGS since it's not available under SGS's support pages, I'm wondering what have they fixed or changed.
But it probably couldn't get worse since Kies is a very shi*ty piece of sw...

Lol welcome to the club!

T

Tehpriest

How can it not be official when Kies itself instigated the update..... This is not a question btw. :cool:

yzerenthijs

Jun 22, 2009
new version Kies

Mine did the same. So I restarted KIES and it a notification came up with saying that there is a new version. It's installing now! But it's sssssssssssssslow.

I will post if I see any changes!

LD

mine isnt showing an update either. im running 1.5.1.10074_2

edit:
nevermind. i turned stuff on and off a few times and now its updating.

edit again:
it started doing a download or something. then after maybe 20 seconds it went away and the program restarted and its back to the old version and doesnt show any updates available. wtf..

lexcyn

Apr 4, 2010
Sudbury
Nice, I have been waiting for an announcement like this. Can't wait to get 2.2, mainly for the chrome2phone feature and of course Flash.