I own the only AT&T Touch Pro I know of :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pazookie

Aug 21, 2006
so howd you get it (like what site)? are you sure its not the pre release version that everyone has (well the people that DO have it) with the leaked att rom flashed on it? the att rom is on xda and someone probably just flashed it on a pre release touch pro so yah hope you didnt get screwed cause it sounds like it

htc touch pro att rom - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=410945

Black93300ZX

Jul 23, 2008
Brooklyn
Thanks for the congrats whoever gave them, as for the AT&T branding it's a pre release version, as for it being euro flashed with AT&T ROM not at all. This was given to the guy as a promo for his job, he turned it on to see that it works and packed it back up because he's not even a fan of touch screen devices. He guaranteed to me in writing that it works on AT&T 3G network, so that's good enough for me or I'll cancel my credit card payment and send it back. :)

finisterre

Oct 15, 2006
Seems to have an odd keyboard compared to the final version. The latter has the numbers on the top row.

ukdj78

Feb 6, 2008
London
Yeah well, I'm crazy, I know. It's cool, I don't mind.

You're not that crazy, everyone in the UK who's pre-ordered it are paying £500+ including myself (although I'm getting Tomtom navigator 6 at the same time and if you knock off the cost of the software it works out I'm only paying £460 for the Touch Pro!)

Take a look at the £-$ exchange rate and you'll find you've got yourself a pretty good deal there. Mind you it is a lot to pay considering you can't guarantee you'll get 3G and you've got no tech support.

I hope all goes well for you though :)

utvol06

May 1, 2008
You said the specs aren't as good...is it 400mhz 128mb ram instead of the 528Mhz 288MB ram? If its half the ram and processor why the hell did you pay that much for a ATT Tilt with a make over?

nomik2

Apr 19, 2008
Don't like new keyboard, even the new colours are kinda ugly. Why does ATT do this?
Comparison Shot:
htc-touch-pro-official-00.jpg

burgertime

Feb 25, 2008
Charlotte, NC
www.blucigs.com
I don't think our friend said it was half the specs he just won't know until he gets it. I saw one of these on Ebay for like 1000 bucks. If I had the money I would pay that much for it but I want CDMA.

technillion

Jun 28, 2007
Elgin, Illinois
I agree one million percent!!

Don't like new keyboard, even the new colours are kinda ugly. Why does ATT do this?

It's for these kind of reasons I wouldn't buy the ATT branded version. Even if it IS the ONLY way to get 3G/HSDPA in the U.S. The 5th row of keys was meant to contain the numbers row so you won't have to hit the stupid FN key.

That's why I paid $900 for a TyTN II in Chicago instead of getting a ATT TILT...so I wouldn't have to deal with the usual "ATT brand crippling"! Leave it to ATT to screw things up for their own selfish reasons!

I'm very disappointed...AGAIN.

T
E
C

technillion

Jun 28, 2007
Elgin, Illinois
But it's not JUST A PHONE...

LOL.... I do love the phone don't get me wrong but near a grand is waaaayyyy to much for any phone...

It's a--Fully customizable PHONE, PDA, GPS, MP3 Player, A2DP Bluetooth capable, Video Player, Internet Browser that makes video conference calls, manages files, allows MS Office document editing, runs java software, syncs MS Outlook data, with a slick touch interface and a 5 row hardware keyboard Mobile Device.

What "phone" can do all that? How much will all that cost if brought it all separately? :D

T
E
C

vkoser

Dec 20, 2007
Yeah its insane! Why would they embed the numbers, the whole point of the 5 row was to have the numbers available. Shesh.

It's for these kind of reasons I wouldn't buy the ATT branded version. Even if it IS the ONLY way to get 3G/HSDPA in the U.S. The 5th row of keys was meant to contain the numbers row so you won't have to hit the stupid FN key.

That's why I paid $900 for a TyTN II in Chicago instead of getting a ATT TILT...so I wouldn't have to deal with the usual "ATT brand crippling"! Leave it to ATT to screw things up for their own selfish reasons!

T
E
C

zephxiii

Oct 31, 2007

T
E
C

Screw that, i'd rather hit a function key and hit numbers that are in a nice tight "keypad" cluster, than not use Fn key and hit number keys that are spread out in a single row.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Surely you can just flash an HTC ROM, and get the keypad to behave as on the Touch Pro, even if the little pictures are wrong?

Congrats on your purchase... I just wish I could get a Pro for that much!

R

Red5

as for the AT&T branding it's a pre release version, as for it being euro flashed with AT&T ROM not at all.
Im confused. If its not an AT&T branded phone, and it is not an AT&T flashed ROM, and it dosent have a sim card inserted (as indicated by the 'no sim card' icon in the picture) then how can it see the AT&T network and not some other GSM netowrk... or any network for that matter?

Anyways, congrats on being the first.

stpete111

Jun 30, 2005
Im confused. If its not an AT&T branded phone, and it is not an AT&T flashed ROM, and it dosent have a sim card inserted (as indicated by the 'no sim card' icon in the picture) then how can it see the AT&T network and not some other GSM netowrk... or any network for that matter?

Anyways, congrats on being the first.

Because the guy he bought it from on Ebay is LYING to him. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honestly, it's much quicker than I expected as you can see in the video... That's with no tweaking at all, fresh out of the box.

Thanks! What phone were you using before? don't know if you already got a TyTn II in your hands... but does the Raphael feel smaller?
    Haven't seen anything for the flashlight, but I got it because I'm cool, and battery life is good. 6+ hours with hard use and everything turned on.

I tried installing the Vijay Tools cab which contains Flashlight and Superbright. Flashlight wouldn't work at all for me so I uninstalled it again - didn't even bother trying superbright!