[Q] Rooted htc evo 4g lte wont boot into Clockwork Recovery mod

Search This thread

ALoser007

Jun 13, 2012
HI, I'm new here.

I just recently rooted my new HTC EVO 4G LTE and installed ROM manager so that i could back up my phone. i flashed clockwork mod recovery with-in ROM manager but when i hold the power and vol down button it just boots normally.

I've also tried the vol up button as well but neither work. I'm i missing a step?

Thanks for help in advance

- ALoser007

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
I think you can use goo manager app to install twrp as well. Then just power down and you hold volume down + power, the cap lights will flash, once they are done flashing release the buttons and press and hold them again and it should boot into the bootloader where you can select recovery. Kind of weird but it works. Also, your phone will boot normally once after you install a recovery for some reason even if you try to get in. After that you can get it no problem.

The videos in the regaw root method show everything really, really well. I suggest watching one.

Last edited:

ALoser007

Jun 13, 2012
Clockwork mod isn't fully supported on EVO LTE.

Download TWRP recovery in the development subforum, go into downloader and flash it.

Or, just use regaws root method. Even if you're rooted, it will flash twrp for you.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

Ok i used regaws root method when i first rooted my phone. I cant get it to boot up in recovery still. Oh would flashing Clockwork over right TWRP?

ALoser007

Jun 13, 2012
ok so now when i hold the power + vol down button's i get like a 1sec flash of what looks like to be recovery mode but then the screen flashes white and just boots into the phone. Ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok so now when i hold the power + vol down button's i get like a 1sec flash of what looks like to be recovery mode but then the screen flashes white and just boots into the phone. Ideas?
    Have you disabled Fast boot?
    I think you can use goo manager app to install twrp as well. Then just power down and you hold volume down + power, the cap lights will flash, once they are done flashing release the buttons and press and hold them again and it should boot into the bootloader where you can select recovery. Kind of weird but it works. Also, your phone will boot normally once after you install a recovery for some reason even if you try to get in. After that you can get it no problem.

The videos in the regaw root method show everything really, really well. I suggest watching one.
    Clockwork mod isn't fully supported on EVO LTE.

Download TWRP recovery in the development subforum, go into downloader and flash it.

Or, just use regaws root method. Even if you're rooted, it will flash twrp for you.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my EVO using XDA