4.3 and ERI

Search This thread

Bobbydoo8

Jan 29, 2014
So tell me how screwed I am. :eek:

I had CM10.2 on my phone, then my IMEI changed to "0", and I couldn't receive calls. So I flashed my phone to 4.3.
Next right before I fixed the IMEI issue the ERI changed to "none", and put me in roaming mode.
Well I fixed the IMEI issue, but I am now stuck trying to fix the ERI, it still says roaming and does not pull an IP Address.

Is the ERI possible to be fixed now that I am stuck in 4.3? :confused:

I tried RevSkills it says, "subsys efs is locked", then I tried Samsung MEID Repair (but it locks up, I believe because I am using 4.3)

Any help appreciated! I will be heading to the Verizon store here in a few, but I'm sure they are going to say buy a new phone or something.

Bobbydoo8

Jan 29, 2014
Well Verizon store was not helpful, they tried a bit and gave up. But reading more, I am starting to think I can revert back to older firmware because I did not OTA.

Does this sound right? :confused:

Because several times, with 4.3, I tried using ODIN to go to ICS, Well ODIN failed each time with a SW REV CHECK FAIL : Fused 1 > Binary 0...

[Quoting toeshot from another thread.]
The problem is that once you install the 4.3 update you cannot use Odin to flash a downgrade ROM even an official Samsung ROM. You will need to install a custom recovery then flash a rooted rom,

I'm going to keep trying things, because basically this phone is useless right now anyways..if I hardbrick it oh well, it was good while it lasted. :D

Bobbydoo8

Jan 29, 2014
Still working on this... :eek:

So where I currently am, installed safestrap and flashed over TW Wicked Sensations. Still couldn't access the "subsys efs" because its using the ML1 modem...

Well I flashed over the modem G1, didn't work, tried G7 also doesn't work because they just take it to the "System software not authorized" screen where I am forced to reboot.

I really don't know now. unless there is a TW somewhere out there that lets me switch modems without it bringing up the "System software not authorized" I am stuck forever roaming.

Thanks Odin for letting me flash 4.3 onto my phone without warning me I could never go back. :good:

5ft24

Apr 21, 2011
Mount Vernon

So where I currently am, installed safestrap and flashed over TW Wicked Sensations. Still couldn't access the "subsys efs" because its using the ML1 modem...

Well I flashed over the modem G1, didn't work, tried G7 also doesn't work because they just take it to the "System software not authorized" screen where I am forced to reboot.

I really don't know now. unless there is a TW somewhere out there that lets me switch modems without it bringing up the "System software not authorized" I am stuck forever roaming.

Thanks Odin for letting me flash 4.3 onto my phone without warning me I could never go back. :good:

Even flashing the stock 4.3 odin file locks it... There is an odin file with the MF1 BOOT CHAIN so it won't lock it, but its too late. Plug it into the PC and run the install helper to reload the totally stock 4.3, then call verizon and tell them that since the OTA came, your phone is always in roam mode. They should replace it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Bobbydoo8

Jerniganc

Oct 10, 2011
I had CM10.2 on my phone, then my IMEI changed to "0", and I couldn't receive calls. So I flashed my phone to 4.3. Next right before I fixed the IMEI issue the ERI changed to "none", and put me in roaming mode. Well I fixed the IMEI issue, but I am now stuck trying to fix the ERI, it still says roaming and does not pull an IP Address.

I am in a very similiar boat. I was running 10.1.3 and did the upgrade to 10.2 and my IMEI reset to all zeros. So my question is how did you fix your IMEI issue? I flashed a working backup I took before I upgraded and that did not help. Tried other roms, etc and nothing :(

Bobbydoo8

Jan 29, 2014
I am in a very similiar boat. I was running 10.1.3 and did the upgrade to 10.2 and my IMEI reset to all zeros. So my question is how did you fix your IMEI issue? I flashed a working backup I took before I upgraded and that did not help. Tried other roms, etc and nothing :(

Yea the problem is the IMEI and ERI both exist in the EFS, so that is what you would have had to backup..It can still be fixed though. Couple of links for you here:

Youtube1
Youtube2
Software Required/Procedure

So this is the part I screwed up with after finding those links, I immediately flashed to 4.3 to fix the issue, don't do that. Flash it to like ICS ( anything lower than 4.3 ) and then do the procedure part.

Also you can find your IMEI on the sticker under the battery.

Bobbydoo8

Jan 29, 2014
Even flashing the stock 4.3 odin file locks it... There is an odin file with the MF1 BOOT CHAIN so it won't lock it, but its too late. Plug it into the PC and run the install helper to reload the totally stock 4.3, then call verizon and tell them that since the OTA came, your phone is always in roam mode. They should replace it.

After exhausting all possibilities this seems like what I will have to do, its kind of disappointing because my phone is in excellent condition, I may just sell it on ebay for parts or something. :eek:

But can you riddle me this batman, even though its says I am roaming, I'm not right? So can I just use my phone like normal?

Jerniganc

Oct 10, 2011
Yea the problem is the IMEI and ERI both exist in the EFS, so that is what you would have had to backup..It can still be fixed though. Couple of links for you here:

Youtube1
Youtube2
Software Required/Procedure

So this is the part I screwed up with after finding those links, I immediately flashed to 4.3 to fix the issue, don't do that. Flash it to like ICS ( anything lower than 4.3 ) and then do the procedure part.

Also you can find your IMEI on the sticker under the battery.

I have watched these videos but the part that keeps hanging me up are the commands that they have you dial. I put them in and nothing happens. If I hit dial it goes nowhere.

Bobbydoo8

Jan 29, 2014
I have watched these videos but the part that keeps hanging me up are the commands that they have you dial. I put them in and nothing happens. If I hit dial it goes nowhere.

Same thing was happening to me...when I was in CM10.2. I would try the first command to enable Diagnostic Mode / Qualcomm USB Settings. and it would do nothing. I am fairly sure you have to be on a stock ROM for this to work. Also when you dial the commands, after you hit the last number it will perform the operation, you never have to actually press dial.

I saw people posting a bunch of different numbers to try that would bring up the Qualcomm Settings. But I can't really tell you which one you need because I'm on 4.3 and its a different number. But on 4.3 its called ( Enable DM Mode ). Good Luck! :good:

Jerniganc

Oct 10, 2011
Same thing was happening to me...when I was in CM10.2. I would try the first command to enable Diagnostic Mode / Qualcomm USB Settings. and it would do nothing. I am fairly sure you have to be on a stock ROM for this to work. Also when you dial the commands, after you hit the last number it will perform the operation, you never have to actually press dial.

I saw people posting a bunch of different numbers to try that would bring up the Qualcomm Settings. But I can't really tell you which one you need because I'm on 4.3 and its a different number. But on 4.3 its called ( Enable DM Mode ). Good Luck! :good:

I was able to flash a stock room, use *#0808# gain access to the menu, etc and got my IMEI restored. I have data but am still unable to make/receive calls. Two things I noticed that might be the issue. The IMEI SV is 00 and when I go to Access Point Names that list is blank. I did reset to default but that did not repopulate them.

Bobbydoo8

Jan 29, 2014
I was able to flash a stock room, use *#0808# gain access to the menu, etc and got my IMEI restored. I have data but am still unable to make/receive calls. Two things I noticed that might be the issue. The IMEI SV is 00 and when I go to Access Point Names that list is blank. I did reset to default but that did not repopulate them.

My IMEI SV is also "00".. but I can still make/receive calls. It sounds like you may have set your IMEI wrong. But I'm not sure, couldn't really help you past this, because I am no expert, like some of the people on here.

Jerniganc

Oct 10, 2011
My IMEI SV is also "00".. but I can still make/receive calls. It sounds like you may have set your IMEI wrong. But I'm not sure, couldn't really help you past this, because I am no expert, like some of the people on here.

What do you show in your APN settings? I noticed at one point before I had my IMEI restored I had a bunch of different choices there... now it is blank.

Dullawolf

Jul 10, 2011
well, i am kind of sad that there isn't a fix for the eri missing. Eff you verizon and samsung for making stuff we enjoy difficult!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.