Hey all

Search This thread

mysticfrog

Dec 11, 2011
Fort Meyer Fla
I hope I'm in the right place for this.. I just wanted to say hello I'm Alex aka. Mysticfrog.. I've been a serious fanboy of Samsung phones until late last one being a note 3.. Great phone but just really got tired of the whole gimmick it was turning out to be. So I decided to check out the nexus 5... Big time different from the Samsung series of phones but I Love it!! It's fast sleek and just all around incredible.. This is the total Android experience I have been waiting for.. anyhow I just wanted to introduce myself so hi all... I've read a lot of threads here and y'all seem like a bunch of cool guys and girls I'm just glad I made the step.. The development here is amazing so I'm looking forward to hanging and having fun

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Welcome Alex! Some of us find Android nirvana later than others...just as long as we DO find it, is all that matters. :) Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mysticfrog

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I hope I'm in the right place for this.. I just wanted to say hello I'm Alex aka. Mysticfrog.. I've been a serious fanboy of Samsung phones until late last one being a note 3.. Great phone but just really got tired of the whole gimmick it was turning out to be. So I decided to check out the nexus 5... Big time different from the Samsung series of phones but I Love it!! It's fast sleek and just all around incredible.. This is the total Android experience I have been waiting for.. anyhow I just wanted to introduce myself so hi all... I've read a lot of threads here and y'all seem like a bunch of cool guys and girls I'm just glad I made the step.. The development here is amazing so I'm looking forward to hanging and having fun

Yup, root and flash all you want, no KNOX on the N5 :)
Check out the first 4 threads in the General section (this one) for all you need to know about doing stuff.

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Oh and hammer away on it..its built to take it. Its a hammerhead, after all...

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Welcome Ps have you seen the Galaxy s5

Ugly as ****

BhQwHHUCQAAVYm5.jpg

bower95

May 11, 2011
Embrace the sense of freedom, it feels amazing when you're coming from a HTC or Sammy device... so, SO many roms and kernels to chose from and they all mostly work together, unlike for example HTC One X where half the kernels dont work with the other half of the roms and you gotta repack and flash the kernel through fastboot... what a chore just to switch kernel. And S-off... ffff... Anyways welcome to the world of Nexus and hope all your flashing experiences go smoothly! :good::good::good:

and LOOOOL at the S5 comparison with the bandaid ahahahah! good one :p

got-petrol

Sep 26, 2010
wombwell uk
I did the same last week ditched my s3 and bought a nexus 5 and what a boost this phone is over the samsucks range...who need a phone full of junk nobody is going to use not me any more

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I might get one just because it works with the new gear fitness watch. I'll still keep my nexus but I have a heart condition so it may be handy for people like me. I like the blue one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I use Instant Heart Rate Pro from Play, very accurate and you can store measurements on a server.

mysticfrog

Dec 11, 2011
Fort Meyer Fla
I did the same last week ditched my s3 and bought a nexus 5 and what a boost this phone is over the samsucks range...who need a phone full of junk nobody is going to use not me any more

yeah you hit the nail right on the head a phone full of junk!!! that and knox I really dont understand why sammy added that..
All i actually did was roll into tmobile to pay my bill and while i was waiting I saw this device just chilling there looking like a chocolate bar so as i started messing with it I realized that some of the roms i flashed on my note 3that i really liked originated from this devise.. So i sat down looked it up, checked out some reviews played with it some more and realized this is the true android experience i crave.. well actually i pulled up the xda site to see how much "love" this device was getting and that kinda sold me.. the development is huge here... Im running droidkang right now which im loving..
one question tho is there any way when i flash a rom how do i keep my music from being deleted?? What i do is basically just redownload it from my laptop, is there an easier way?? Im just used to having that internal mem card... thanks for the warm welcome all..

joannn

Feb 5, 2014
WELCOME

First of all welcome ALEX,

You will get everything here regarding NEXUS 5.
Same story of mine, last month i sold my Samsung note 3 and switch with NEXUS 5.
NOW I M HAPPY WITH NEXUS 5, SIMPLY SMARTPHONE.:laugh:

coolbreeze0688

Apr 8, 2010
Washington D.C.
Just ordered the Nexus from Tmobile.com

Had the s3 for 2 years, was considering the Note 3 and S5 (i have a love/hate relationship with the S5)
But like somebody earlier said I crave for stock android plus it helps that my mother has a nexus 5 and 7(2013).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome Ps have you seen the Galaxy s5

Ugly as ****

BhQwHHUCQAAVYm5.jpg

Welcome Alex! Some of us find Android nirvana later than others...just as long as we DO find it, is all that matters. :) Cheers!

Yup, root and flash all you want, no KNOX on the N5 :)
    Check out the first 4 threads in the General section (this one) for all you need to know about doing stuff.
    Oh and hammer away on it..its built to take it. Its a hammerhead, after all...