[Q] CWM recovery removal with out tripping Knox Counter??

Search This thread

SSJ3Rob

Apr 1, 2014
I recently purchased a SM-N900W8. Love this device, just retired my S2 which i messed around with for a few years and never had issues...

I neglected to do research on XDA (Big mistake) before rooting it and had no idea about the repercussions of this KNOX issue.

I used this method to root it (http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-note-3-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-3/)

I successfully installed CWM recovery and SuperSu and the phone is rooted. I had no intentions of installing Custom Roms just yet just wanted to be able to use some of my favorite apps that require rooting. The phones Current Binary and Phone status have both been tagged custom but my KNOX Warranty Void is still tagged at 0X0. Needless to say maybe I got lucky?

I was hoping to Revert to Stock and Unroot so I could follow this method instead (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498850)
Is there anyways to Accomplish this without tripping the KNOX counter? I've been scouring the forums for several hours trying to find a concrete answer but cannot.

I have downloaded my stock firmware (http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26653)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have included a screenshot of my device info. I apologize in advance if this issue has already been addressed.

Thanks,

-Rob

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-31-23-59-16.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-31-23-59-16.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 551
G

GuestK0079

Why did you even install CWM if you didn't need it ?
Why do you want to remove it ? Don't fix it if it ain't broken. De la vega will trip Knox in 4.4, so leave it as it is.

Sent from my N9005

Last edited:

SSJ3Rob

Apr 1, 2014
Why did you even install CWM if you didn't need it ?
Why do you want to remove it ? Don't fix it if it ain't broken. De la vega will trip Knox in 4.4, so leave it as it is.

Sent from my N9005

Will do. Was just worried about official updates and warranty if phone still says custom but knox is not tripped. But bell outsources another company for repairs and doesn't send back to Samsung directly so I probably don't need to worry to much..

I used CWM because I've used it for a couple years with my S2 and enjoyed the features so when I saw cwm was avaliable for note 3 I jumped on it.

But there is no way to revert to stock without tripping count?

Thanks.

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Will do. Was just worried about official updates and warranty if phone still says custom but knox is not tripped. But bell outsources another company for repairs and doesn't send back to Samsung directly so I probably don't need to worry to much..

I used CWM because I've used it for a couple years with my S2 and enjoyed the features so when I saw cwm was avaliable for note 3 I jumped on it.

Thanks.

Flashing stock using odin should rever everything back to stock and possibly not trip knox counte, I am saying possibly cuz nobody has tried to flash stock recovery and try to keep knox cool as custom recoveries have tripped everyone's knox AFAIK. But your phone FW or maybe something else might make your device an exception.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

Reactions: SSJ3Rob

SSJ3Rob

Apr 1, 2014
Flashing stock using odin should rever everything back to stock and possibly not trip knox counte, I am saying possibly cuz nobody has tried to flash stock recovery and try to keep knox cool as custom recoveries have tripped everyone's knox AFAIK. But your phone FW or maybe something else might make your device an exception.

I will leave as is for now until more info on the subject surfaces. As much as I want to try to flash back to stock recovery and test your theory I will hold out and not mess around with CWM or mess with apps requiring root to much incase it decides to trip the counter.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!