2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM 10/24/11 latest SBF build Stock ROM FIXED DATA [10/27]

Search This thread

lucidvtec

Jul 28, 2010
Finally got ahold of my gf laptop

Flashed the newest version ...had a error the first time ..worked like a charm the second time

Had to root again...used the AIO ...easy as pie

Runnin smooth so far

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

tbhausen

Feb 15, 2006
I've tested gtalk video successfully, but if the phone is asleep when I get a call, a message box is displayed and when I select "Accept", the phone lockscreen is shown and when I unlock the phone, I am not in a chat session. I can only start chat sessions or accept an incoming invitation if the phone is on and lockscreen is not active. BTW - I am using the stock lockscreen.

I can't quite put my finger on what's happening here, but I think Gtalk's servers can be a bit cranky. My brother and I tested on the same wifi network and sometimes our phones ring each other--sometimes not. I have confirmed that I can receive and join a video chat while my phone was sleeping (requires unlock, then the chat runs normally). This was on a McDonald's wifi with stock 198_6 and lock screen.

EDIT: I tried keeping my hands off my phone after the video chat comes in and I hit the "Accept" button, and this DOES NOT require unlock. I see the stock lock screen briefly, then the chat starts with no intervention from me. This is all while the phone is sleeping. I believe this is how it should work.

Last edited:

xenkato

Feb 11, 2008
Tripolis, Greece
Has anyone managed to install with CWM recovery the .zip file from "STOCK ROM BUILT FROM 198_6 FULLY DEODEXED AND ZIPALIGNED" link.
Otherwise the OP must tell us how.
We all get error in flashing

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
I just did this from the OTA 154 and it did not wipe my phone. I was thinking it would wipe it. Odd

For those trying and you keep having radio issues, make sure that you wait for RSD to tell you that you need to manually reboot the phone. Do this by pulling the USB and battery>wait 30+ sec>plug USB in and then battery and let the phone go(may need to power up manually). I kept getting radio failed to initiate till I did just what I did above.

Also AIO worked great, and I love this little one liner in there!!! should freak a lot of people out.

Last edited:
I can't quite put my finger on what's happening here, but I think Gtalk's servers can be a bit cranky. My brother and I tested on the same wifi network and sometimes our phones ring each other--sometimes not. I have confirmed that I can receive and join a video chat while my phone was sleeping (requires unlock, then the chat runs normally). This was on a McDonald's wifi with stock 198_6 and lock screen.

EDIT: I tried keeping my hands off my phone after the video chat comes in and I hit the "Accept" button, and this DOES NOT require unlock. I see the stock lock screen briefly, then the chat starts with no intervention from me. This is all while the phone is sleeping. I believe this is how it should work.

FWIW, I was also testing it with a phone on the same wifi network and we also started with problems until we logged all computers and tablets out of GTalk. Ill try it again and resist the lockscreen after I accept the chat to see what happens.

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
For those unable to fladh deodexed rom i need to know the error you're getting so i can fix it

shawn328

Aug 25, 2010
ohio
It reads error in emmc/downloads/(name of the file I cant remember all the numbers in the name of the file ) status 0

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Hey juggs I was looking in the zip, it looks like you accidently packaged up some the programs you used to make the rom. I'll extract the zipfile in there and see if that flashes.

For those unable to fladh deodexed rom i need to know the error you're getting so i can fix it

I just tried flashing the file off the mirror and got same error below as I did before:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /sdcard/sunfire_unsigned_092511_104827.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

I then try to toggle signature verification and I get the following:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
Walk me through how to start logcat in bootstrap recovery.

while in recovery and before you start the flash go to a cmd prompt on your pc and cd to wherever your android-sdk tools are so that you can get to adb...once there type in adb logcat.txt that should start the logcat and save it to the same directory as your adb.exe make sure to stop it after the failure

while in recovery and before you start the flash go to a cmd prompt on your pc and cd to wherever your android-sdk tools are so that you can get to adb...once there type in adb logcat.txt that should start the logcat and save it to the same directory as your adb.exe make sure to stop it after the failure

When I do this, I get the whole list of adb commands. When I type "adb devices", nothing is returned after the text "List of devices attached". If i start logcat this way when the phone is running, will it continue to record during recovery?

Edit: when i type "adb logcat", I get the response "waiting for devices"

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
When I do this, I get the whole list of adb commands. When I type "adb devices", nothing is returned after the text "List of devices attached". If i start logcat this way when the phone is running, will it continue to record during recovery?

start logcat then go into recovery and see if it stops on its own or try and pull up the recovery log after fail

Top Liked Posts