[TOOL] WP7 Easy Backup Tool (BETA)

Search This thread

MarcHoover

Sep 18, 2008
Han(n)over
ultimate-networx.net
Is there a way to make a backup, while i have no Internet Connection? The reason are my Problems with the last Firmware Backup of the HTC HD7. If i update the FW and use Internet COnnection Sharing, the remaining battery time is horrible and goes down from 1 Day and 15 Hours to 18 Hours with both, 100% Battery loaded and at the time of measure, IS is turning off. Since im not at home, i dont have internet access with my computer. When there is not Internet, the tool could not do a fake update and so it fails to make a backup. But i works great with Internet Access.

Maybe you can get i to work offline also? With a fake Internet connection or a fake webserver? i can install a webserver localy or can use my VMware Ubuntu Image for such things, but i dont know, what your backup needs as a response. Anyway, would be cool if we could write in german, please feel free to PM me.

Its not planned yet, but still on my feature checklist :D

I am running windows 7 and trying to backup on normal rom with HTC arrive. The tool starts but when I press backup it tells me there is a problem with the support tool and close it right away

Did you follow the instructions of the message box? Did you get the Microsoft fix?

Works great, No Hiccups, DeepShining ROM V5.1, HTC HD7 T9292 with 32GB MicroSD card

Cool, another working ROM :D Thank you for testing with a Custom ROM :)

Last edited:

xanathos

Jan 24, 2008
I get this error message

Complete with error code: 800B010A, error message: A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority.

using XBMod-Yuki ROM on HD2. build 7740. Zune version 4.8.2345.0. Windows 7 x64 desktop.

Tried both Run as Administrator as well as normal run.

Hi,
I've had this error toom but after (re)installing WPSupportTools from this thread I've tried to run the program with Administrator rights and it worked.
The log still has an error at the end: "Update device ... Complete with error code: 80180011, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed on phone: None of the packages in the update are applicable." but I think it's from the fake update.

I have HD7 with DeepShining 1.2

Reactions: MarcHoover

MarcHoover

Sep 18, 2008
Han(n)over
ultimate-networx.net
Hi,
I've had this error toom but after (re)installing WPSupportTools from this thread I've tried to run the program with Administrator rights and it worked.
The log still has an error at the end: "Update device ... Complete with error code: 80180011, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed on phone: None of the packages in the update are applicable." but I think it's from the fake update.

I have HD7 with DeepShining 1.2

You are right its from the fake update :)

ECKcornelis

Jun 15, 2008
Works with HTC Titan X310e Rom 7.10.7720.68

The backup progress bar on your app stays dead but there is a progress bar
on the htc titan. There won't be a message that the backup was succesful but it did create a working restore point in Zune 2345.

Eventually i thought it didn't work but yes thank you I can bacup and restore my Titan!

msllc

Jun 30, 2008
Dell Venue Pro - can I restore to another device?

Hi,

I have a Dell Venue Pro (TMobile Version). If I backup the device using this tool, can I restore it to a replacement Dell Venue Pro that Dell sent me? I have to switch phones as the keyboard isnt working and I dont want to lose my text messages.

Also, I have an unlocked Dell Venue Pro...can I restore to that device too?

Just let me know what's possible, thanks!

MarcHoover

Sep 18, 2008
Han(n)over
ultimate-networx.net
on the htc titan. There won't be a message that the backup was succesful but it did create a working restore point in Zune 2345.

Eventually i thought it didn't work but yes thank you I can bacup and restore my Titan!

Can you send me your log.txt ? You can find this file beside the Wp7EasyBackup.exe

Thank you :)

Hi,

I have a Dell Venue Pro (TMobile Version). If I backup the device using this tool, can I restore it to a replacement Dell Venue Pro that Dell sent me? I have to switch phones as the keyboard isnt working and I dont want to lose my text messages.

Also, I have an unlocked Dell Venue Pro...can I restore to that device too?

Just let me know what's possible, thanks!

I haven't tested such things. It should be possible but the only way to find out: Test it :)

uiqjirka

May 27, 2006
Prague

I made the same experience - the process was the same. I attached log.txt

Attachments

• log.txt
    68.7 KB · Views: 33

xanathos

Jan 24, 2008
Backup worked on HD7 Deepshining 1.2 but after upgrade to Deepshining 5.1 and try to restore I've got this error:
Restore device ... Complete with error code: 801812E0, error message: Can't restore your phone.

MarcHoover

Sep 18, 2008
Han(n)over
ultimate-networx.net
I made the same experience - the process was the same. I attached log.txt

Should be fixed in 1.0.0.4 :) Thank you.

Backup worked on HD7 Deepshining 1.2 but after upgrade to Deepshining 5.1 and try to restore I've got this error:
Restore device ... Complete with error code: 801812E0, error message: Can't restore your phone.

This seems to be a problem by the ROM ;( Did you try to restore a Deepshining 1.2 backup to a Deepshining 5.1 ROM? Don't do that. The whole OS is stored in the backup. In some case you could brick your device.

xanathos

Jan 24, 2008
But the Zune backup works on version change.
Anyway, got back to Deepshining 1.2, tried to restore, got the same error.

starsoccer9

Jun 8, 2009
Error

there is no fix it just tells me their is aproblem with this windows phone support tool
jufuxh.png

If I click yes this site pops up http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2530409/

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
BTW, people who are asking about restoring to different phones: This is just a way to force a Zune-style backup at any time. These backups, really more properly called Restore Points, are specific to the device they are made from and won't even work on another device of the same model - it must be the same piece of hardware.

Well, unless the OP has done way more magic than I see. Great and useful app, but not (AFAIK) so completely groundbreaking as to get around the restore point per-device encryption.

MarcHoover

Sep 18, 2008
Han(n)over
ultimate-networx.net
there is no fix it just tells me their is aproblem with this windows phone support tool
jufuxh.png

If I click yes this site pops up http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2530409/

Yeah, you'll find 2 download links on this page. I already posted this links here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20161548&postcount=40

Install this fix and the tool should work :)

BTW, people who are asking about restoring to different phones: This is just a way to force a Zune-style backup at any time. These backups, really more properly called Restore Points, are specific to the device they are made from and won't even work on another device of the same model - it must be the same piece of hardware.

Well, unless the OP has done way more magic than I see. Great and useful app, but not (AFAIK) so completely groundbreaking as to get around the restore point per-device encryption.

That's correct, thank you for this clarification :) I am not sure if I should "hack" something to get working with all phones of the same model. This could brick the device...

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
I tried it with Samsung Focus 1.3 Mango.

The Backup Worked nicely but was stuck forever, Then I pulled the battery out but still stuck on the Backup Screen.

Next I used your tool to restore and for some reason it rebooted the phone and it was out of stuck mode.

Then I got the error message of Backup Failed like you said.

I had no courage to try restore but the log says backup was complete thats all. So it works but probably Need to make it even smoother.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA-Community,

I am back with a new tool for Windows Phone 7 (<3).

The WP7 Easy Backup Tool allows WP7 users to create or restore a backup on the easy way and without hacking skills. The tools wraps the Windows Phone Support Tools to create or restore updates, that means backups are 100% Zune compatible.

This software is still in development, but there is already an stable version.
    I've tested with my HD7 and HD2 (depends on the ROM), more test devices would be nice.

This tool requires .NET 3.5, Zune 4.8.2345.0 and Windows Phone Support Tools

WP7EB_5.png

Successful tested on:
    • HTC HD7 (original HTC ROM)
    • HTC HD2 (Back to the Future ROM, xmb Rom 7740.16)
    • HTC 7 Mozart
    • HTC Arrive
    • HTC Titan
    • Samsung i917
    • Dell Venue Pro
    • Samsung Omnia 7 (I8700)
    • Nokia Lumia 800
    • Samsung Focus S

WARNING: The Tool didn't cares about previous backups! Please save your backups as first step.
    Your backup should be stored here: "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\"

WARNING #2: THE BACKUP PROCESS COULD LEAD TO A FAILURE ON CUSTOM ROMS! ZUNE AND ZUNE UPDATES NEED TO BE SUPPORTED BY YOUR CUSTOM ROM.

HINT: The backup process could take up to 1h depending on your device.

IF YOU STUCK DURING THE BACKUP PROCESS IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO HARDRESET. REMOVE YOUR BATTERY AND BOOT NORMAL. (Sorry rubbish ;()

Use this software at your own risk :)

Please give me feedback on bugs or feature requests.

You found a bug? Okay, I need a description, device informations and your Zune version to kill that thing :)

DOWNLOAD

If you get the message: "There was a known problem with your Windows Phone Support Tools. Do you want to open the Microsoft Knowledge Base to get fix?" follow this instructions! Otherwise you can download the Windows Phone Support Tools here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20161548&postcount=40
    This Tool does full backup how Zune?

Looks nice and simple!

notice the bold part
    Yes, sir :D

what ROM were u using on HD2?

Back to the Future - Updateable ROM by Yuki / XBMod