this tablet is too weak to edit .doc document isn't it?

Search This thread

eriol33

Sep 9, 2012
Hi there, what do you think of this tablet? Do you use it to edit your .doc files? I once tried to edit a document that contained 16,000 words (without picture or anything) and the tablet becomes very unresponsive. Looks like this is not suitable to edit documents, after all? what is the recommended specs to edit word-heavy documents comfortably?

eriol33

Sep 9, 2012
I actually used the kingsoft office. tried other office software and are all just the same. looks like pentium 3 with 256 MB DDR 2 ram is more powerful to edit documents compared to asus transformer

donkdonk

Jan 26, 2011
Try Quickoffice

I read a lot of documentations and big datasheets with quickoffice and most of the times it does the job, but make sure that you clean your cache for quickoffice from time to time. You can get quickoffice at google play.;)

arikdahn

Nov 30, 2013
I have never had a problem using kingsoft office + katkiss 4.4.2. I use mine for work all the time and it seems pretty quick actually. might try a new ROM with some better speedtweaks like what's built into the KK Rom.

theumad

Sep 16, 2009
theumad.deviantart.com
Hi there, what do you think of this tablet? Do you use it to edit your .doc files? I once tried to edit a document that contained 16,000 words (without picture or anything) and the tablet becomes very unresponsive. Looks like this is not suitable to edit documents, after all? what is the recommended specs to edit word-heavy documents comfortably?

Overclock + Quickoffice. I edit documents on a daily basis for university with my transformer. I rarely encounter problems with lag. Best setting was 1200MHz interactive with KatKiss 4.4.2, while using quickoffice. Google drive is fast as well.

Hope this helped.

Reactions: eriol33

Unguis

Apr 20, 2013
Gliwice
Hi!

I'm using OfficeSuite almost everyday (taking notes on lectures). TF101 can handle docs but of course sometimes it has some problems.. It's quite old tablet :(

eriol33

Sep 9, 2012
Hi!

I'm using OfficeSuite almost everyday (taking notes on lectures). TF101 can handle docs but of course sometimes it has some problems.. It's quite old tablet :(

what rom is installed in your tf101? some users here said I have to install katkiss so it can perform better, however I'm bit scared to do that (I have rooted it, but flashing is still kinda scary)

Unguis

Apr 20, 2013
Gliwice
what rom is installed in your tf101? some users here said I have to install katkiss so it can perform better, however I'm bit scared to do that (I have rooted it, but flashing is still kinda scary)

Don't be afraid of flashing. It's super easy and will give you very good performance on custom roms. I'm using Android Revolution HD 3.5G because of 3G support. You can try KatKiss. It is very fast Rom but as I know it has no native 3G support (just via PPPwidget).
Good luck!

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

eriol33

Sep 9, 2012
Don't be afraid of flashing. It's super easy and will give you very good performance on custom roms. I'm using Android Revolution HD 3.5G because of 3G support. You can try KatKiss. It is very fast Rom but as I know it has no native 3G support (just via PPPwidget).
Good luck!

just want to confirm... all I need is installing the recovery installer, right? (from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1346180&highlight=recovery+installer)

Unguis

Apr 20, 2013
Gliwice
You are right. With recovery you can do everything else :) I recommend using TWRP

eriol33

Sep 9, 2012
You are right. With recovery you can do everything else :) I recommend using TWRP

hi there, I just update my tablet with katkiss and gapps. it works now. wonderful! however, it seems my battery is not charged when I dock it with the keyboard. is there anything I miss?

Last edited:

eriol33

Sep 9, 2012
I'm a bit confused -- can you please elaborate on this? Did you try to charge the dock and the tablet separately?

oh sorry, on the previous version, whenever I docked the tablet with the keyboard, the battery sign would change to indiate it was being charged. I just noticed this doesn't happen in the 4.42 and it even dislayed the battery level of the dock. wondeful! anyway, it seems everything is working now. thanks again!

prog19

Apr 29, 2012
Another suggestion is.installinga ubuntu distro using the rootbind method and then installing libre office it works like a charm. better than any android office app

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

maksvlad

Oct 13, 2010
Another suggestion is.installinga ubuntu distro using the rootbind method and then installing libre office it works like a charm. better than any android office app

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
+1000
But better install lubuntu then ubuntu. Ubuntu laggy on tf101 (and kubuntu laggy... :( )
On android i edited my essay (about 15000 word) with Kingsoft Office, but found what it (ando) had lack of keys shortcats

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Overclock + Quickoffice. I edit documents on a daily basis for university with my transformer. I rarely encounter problems with lag. Best setting was 1200MHz interactive with KatKiss 4.4.2, while using quickoffice. Google drive is fast as well.

Hope this helped.