Xolo Q700 - Issues and Solutions

Search This thread

Funbook4u

Sep 21, 2012
Mumbai
Please Help Bluetooth issue!!,:eek: rolleyes:

Hello,I am unable to use my BT,i cant receive or send files sometimes it says "SD card full"error although I got around 1 gb of space left.lastly I m on MIUI rom and to note this issue I faced in all of the rom except for the stock q700 rom.PLS HLP ASAP.thnx

Last edited:
Reactions: Dipesh kushwaha

AmithXolo

Aug 22, 2013
Thank U Thanks A LOT!!!

I had a useless GPS in my XOLO Q700.With ur guidance I resolved the problem.......Thank U

GOD Bless U :)

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Hello,I am unable to use my BT,i cant receive or send files sometimes it says "SD card full"error although I got around 1 gb of space left.lastly I m on MIUI rom and to note this issue I faced in all of the rom except for the stock q700 rom.PLS HLP ASAP.thnx
Try Flash Transfer.It's than Faster BT.But u can share files only b/w Android Devices :D

pm3tawala

Jan 19, 2014
Anyone tried this..? battery-related thingy..

Battery charging & discharging all seem to be ok.. the actual culprit seems to be the battery charge level indicator

Why do i say so? :

1.Switch off your phone & restart it manually( no reboot!) > there is no change or drop in battery level at all.

2.Now immediately do a direct re-boot( from Power menu) > the battery level drops by at least 20% or more on restarting

When phone has not been (auto-)re-booted at all , the phone gets charged from 0-100% without getting stuck anywhere.. also no battery heating issue.

But if the phone has been auto-re-booted directly thru power menu or when some app does auto-restart (like i-font, Gbox etc) then as mentioned above in point 2 > battery level drops by ~20% or so
& more importantly while charging, battery level goes steadily upto 75-80%. But after this point no matter how long you charge the phone, battery level % gets stuck and battery too seems to get hot. (..maybe charge lost in auto-restart causes this, not sure)

At this point if you stop charging & manually (1st off , then turn it on) restart the phone , you will notice battery level increasing by 10-15% or even reaching the full 100% mark.

So to avoid over-heating/swelling of battery: if battery level gets stuck at 75-85% while charging for more than 15 minutes, just switch off and turn on the phone again manually (..no auto restart!) > battery should show accurate power reading.

Try it and lemme know if anyone finds any flaws in my theory. Also share if this helps in any way whatsoever..

Reactions: Harjassingh

sauravsidhant

Dec 14, 2013
Patna
My battery isn't swelled yet but Backup is decreased. now battery goes to 70% in 30 mins of 3G Use, caliberated already.
any solution @pm3tawala
same problem with all roms, currently using notewizv2 rom.

pm3tawala

Jan 19, 2014
Saurav- I don't use 3g much but whatever little 3g I use it drains battery thrice as fast as WiFi. Try keeping battery mode as 2g(gsm) only by default, & switch to 3g only when required for browsing etc.
Does this fast drain occur around ~70% mark only ? Maybe it's a common thing in these poor quality q700 batteries. Even mine isn't swollen, doesn't get overheated but drains very fast only from 30% to 15%. I've also noticed that battery is slightly warm(!not hot) while charging between the same 15 to 30%
Try using latest Lewa Rom if possible. I'm using it since last 5-7 days and feel its giving better battery performance compared to other custom ROMs that I've used

Sent from my XOLO Q700 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

.. Forgot to mention- if u do try lewa use the dev version. Its stable & gets frequent updates

Sent from my XOLO Q700 using xda app-developers app

Mar 14, 2013
Hi folks,

Xolo Q700 seems to be an amazing machine. In this thread, I'm trying to put across some of the problems I faced and solutions I found. Probably, this can be useful to some of us as well.

ISSUE #1 - GPS DOES NOT WORK

PROBLEM: Xolo Q700 would not use GPS Satellite to find location, only use mobile towers to triangulate.

TESTING THE PROBLEM: Install GPS Test app from Google Play, turn on GPS, and hold the phone under open sky for couple minutes.

TEST RESULT: GPS Test shows some satellite "in view" but none "in use".

SOLUTION:
Go to Settings>Location Access, and then turn on the following:
Access to my location - Check (turn on)
GPS Satellites - On
Wi-Fi & mobile network location - Check (turn on)

Tap on GPS Satellites and enable the following:
GPS EPO assistance - Check (turn on)
A-GPS - Check (turn on)

Tap on GPS EPO assistance and enable the following:
Auto Download - Check (turn on)

TESTING THE SOLUTION:
1. Install GPS Test app from Google Play, turn on GPS, and hold the phone under open sky for couple minutes.
RESULT: GPS Test shows some satellite "in view" as well as "in use".

2. Open maps and browse so that it caches some maps files. Now, put phone in Airplane mode and reboot. Start maps again and see if it shows the right location.
RESULT: Location is pointed without sim connection. So, phone can be used as a GPS device as well without sim.

I am not sure whether this actually works as I cannot find any perceptible change in volume. Is others can try and give some opinion and settings that work, it would be helpful.
Thank you for this wonderful fix. I bought Xolo Q800 X edition and it had the same gps problem. Tried your method and its fixed :) One thing though, gps used to take 10 seconds to fix indoors ..but I observed recently, its not able to fix gps indoors. However it takes exactly 5~10 secs to get a location fix outdoors. Anyways cheers :)

abhinav2hd

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Hey guys... I'm going to buy q700 this month probably this week... I've come to know that app to SD isn't supported and hence unable to install huge games like asphalt7 , most wanted etc...
Now I'm eager to know if its possible to enable App to SD(without creating an External partition on SD card) after rooting the device?

Yes, You Can't Move app to Sdcard on stock Q700 Rom but you can achieve that feature by flashing Q700i firmware.

Knightofrepublic

May 11, 2014
Not working

Hi folks,

Xolo Q700 seems to be an amazing machine. In this thread, I'm trying to put across some of the problems I faced and solutions I found. Probably, this can be useful to some of us as well.

PROBLEM: Xolo Q700 would not use GPS Satellite to find location, only use mobile towers to triangulate.

TESTING THE PROBLEM: Install GPS Test app from Google Play, turn on GPS, and hold the phone under open sky for couple minutes.

SOLUTION:
GPS Satellites - On

A-GPS - Check (turn on)

TESTING THE SOLUTION:
1. Install GPS Test app from Google Play, turn on GPS, and hold the phone under open sky for couple minutes.

2. Open maps and browse so that it caches some maps files. Now, put phone in Airplane mode and reboot. Start maps again and see if it shows the right location.
RESULT: Location is pointed without sim connection. So, phone can be used as a GPS device as well without sim.

ISSUE #1 - LOW AUDIO

PROBLEM: Volume for ring, call, and speakers is quite low and often not audible in noisy places.

SOLUTION:
1. Enter Engineering Mode - Dial *#*#3646633#*#*
2. Go to Hardware Testing>Audio>Normal Mode.
3. Select "Sph" in type.
4. Select "level 6" in Level.
5. Enter 160 in value.
6. Press Set.
7. Restart the phone.

If you want to increase your volume in all level then choose "level 0" in level and enter 160 in value.

Some more tricks are given in the following link for zopo phones but would work for Q700 -
I am not sure whether this actually works as I cannot find any perceptible change in volume. Is others can try and give some opinion and settings that work, it would be helpful.

Bro the above gps trick is not working, I'm on lewa os, can the rom be a problem? But others reported it to be bugfree, but pls help :(

Harjassingh

Jun 2, 2014
Want to clarify some issues regarding xolo Q700

I am having some issues!
1) Battery- Touch-wood my battery is okay (i think so) When i charge it, it goes like a rocket till 95 % from 10 to 95 it will take 1 hour but going to 100 from 95 it will take another 45 minutes! If i charge till 100 i get a Excellent battery backup but if i remove nearly 70-80 it will not give the desired battery backup! if I switch off and switch on the phone the battery level will decrease by 15-20 % only if i remove before 100! Otherwise okay!
2) Heating- My phone heats up while playing games like Unjustice:gods among us! And with wifi on and playing high definations videos too!

Please help me!
Thank you!

spiceluvver

May 16, 2013
Hi,
Recently i bought a xolo q700s.
After inserting the reliance sim card, it worked good for about an hour, and after that it pops up a message every now and then about the available balance in the sim. Initially I thought it might be happening because of the power management app which switches off data services and hence it pops up the message about the remaining balance.
But currently I am not using any data package, and i disabled the power management app which came pre installed with xolo.
But still the problem is not solved, and it is really irritating to get the notification at night time and while playing any games.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
U might be using the Internet connection of the Sim..... Usually this is a problem of the simcard.... It is supposed to do Dat when u use it.... Try disabling the mobile data for some time and check if the pop-up comes. if it does check for a suitable patch from a developer or a custom rom...... Press thanks if i helped;)

vivekkansli

Aug 26, 2014
how to get contacts and data from a screen breaked locked xolo q 700

hi my phone got damaged.some of buttons on screen are not working so i am unable to unlock this.all my important data and contants are in it. how can i take all my data and contacts.plz. reply me soon
if it is not possible to get data and contacts back then plz. tell me how can i delete all my information from it.
thanks
:crying:

abhinav2hd

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
hi my phone got damaged.some of buttons on screen are not working so i am unable to unlock this.all my important data and contants are in it. how can i take all my data and contacts.plz. reply me soon
if it is not possible to get data and contacts back then plz. tell me how can i delete all my information from it.
thanks
:crying:

Sir if u have CWM Recovery Installed, Just take a Nandroid Backup it will save your all Contacts,Messages,Apps and Other data Safely on Sdcard, Which U Can Restore later using Nandroid Manager App.

ravisghosh

Jul 14, 2011
Battery charging & discharging all seem to be ok.. the actual culprit seems to be the battery charge level indicator

Why do i say so? :

1.Switch off your phone & restart it manually( no reboot!) > there is no change or drop in battery level at all.

2.Now immediately do a direct re-boot( from Power menu) > the battery level drops by at least 20% or more on restarting

When phone has not been (auto-)re-booted at all , the phone gets charged from 0-100% without getting stuck anywhere.. also no battery heating issue.

But if the phone has been auto-re-booted directly thru power menu or when some app does auto-restart (like i-font, Gbox etc) then as mentioned above in point 2 > battery level drops by ~20% or so
& more importantly while charging, battery level goes steadily upto 75-80%. But after this point no matter how long you charge the phone, battery level % gets stuck and battery too seems to get hot. (..maybe charge lost in auto-restart causes this, not sure)

At this point if you stop charging & manually (1st off , then turn it on) restart the phone , you will notice battery level increasing by 10-15% or even reaching the full 100% mark.

So to avoid over-heating/swelling of battery: if battery level gets stuck at 75-85% while charging for more than 15 minutes, just switch off and turn on the phone again manually (..no auto restart!) > battery should show accurate power reading.

Try it and lemme know if anyone finds any flaws in my theory. Also share if this helps in any way whatsoever..

For me, there is no difference in switching off and then on vs reboot. In both cases, battery is lost. I think it is a problem with battery meter which does not go down evenly with power consumption and once you restart shows the correct battery percentage.

abhinav2hd

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
For me, there is no difference in switching off and then on vs reboot. In both cases, battery is lost. I think it is a problem with battery meter which does not go down evenly with power consumption and once you restart shows the correct battery percentage.

Yeah, Even My Battery (Original Stock Battery) showing same problem, battery depletes strangely after rebooting and sometime even after an hour of 3G use, it just use 1%.

Knightofrepublic

May 11, 2014
I'm currently on ME! Rom sometimes notifications get away, even apps which are supposed to be always on notification bar (profile scheduler,smart app lock ) get away, only profile scheduler can survive this problem,

Music player of any type, what's app, we chat, facebook you name it everyone's notification doesn't get displayed

I use greenify, but I checked keep notifications on for each of these apps ,but problem still persists

Please help

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Does viper4android works on lewa os 6 by roshan taneja ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

SOLUTION:
    GPS Satellites - On

A-GPS - Check (turn on)

TESTING THE SOLUTION:

ISSUE #1 - LOW AUDIO

PROBLEM: Volume for ring, call, and speakers is quite low and often not audible in noisy places.

SOLUTION:
    1. Enter Engineering Mode - Dial *#*#3646633#*#*
    2. Go to Hardware Testing>Audio>Normal Mode.
    3. Select "Sph" in type.
    4. Select "level 6" in Level.
    5. Enter 160 in value.
    6. Press Set.
    7. Restart the phone.

If you want to increase your volume in all level then choose "level 0" in level and enter 160 in value.

Some more tricks are given in the following link for zopo phones but would work for Q700 - http://www.zopomobileshop.com/zopo-...le-phone-mic-loudspeaker-and-ringtone-volume/

Hi..In my Q700 ...3G service option is not showing under mobile network tab.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks

Check out for which sim you are trying to get 3g ? It is available only for SIm 1 . Generally 3g option is referred as WCDMA.
    Please Help Bluetooth issue!!,:eek: rolleyes:

Anyone tried this..? battery-related thingy..

Why do i say so? :

try this

Bro the above gps trick is not working, I'm on lewa os, can the rom be a problem? But others reported it to be bugfree, but pls help :(

try this one.. worked for me:
    http://www.gizchina.com/2013/07/23/how-to-fix-poor-gps-on-mediatek-phones/