[MOD] [OLD VERSION] Floating Multiwindows : Resizable/Movable [LSA & LSC]

Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
Update: To avoid confusion, specially for noobs, with my new Floating MultiWindow Mod, I have created a new thread as this one works for both LSA and LSC while the new mod works only for LSC because I don't have time to mod both versions. The old mod consists of just a simple permission file while the new mod consists of edits in code and configurations. I recommend that you try the new Floating MultiWindow Mod as it is more awesome than this one. Here is the link to the NEW FLOATING MULTIWINDOW MOD.

Old MOD Version: For both LSA & LSC - Floating MultiWindows - Resizable/Movable/Non-Minimizable
This is an alternative to the current flashbar multiview feature on Note1 and Note2. Unlike the current dual-pane window of Note1 and Note2, my mod features floating windows - movable, resizable, from fullscreen to window and back and forth for almost all apps, whether modded for multiview or not. It consists of a phablet UI without the soft navigation bar/tray unlike my previous mod on LS7.

So if you are foolish enough like me, maybe you can try this mod and explore a bit of what Samsung maybe cooking for its next big thing. So here it goes. As always, I am not responsible if you brick your phone. Use this mod at your own risk.

1. Requirements: N7000 rooted deodex JB 4.1.2 XXLSA or XXLSC w/ unlimited multiwindows mod installed. You can use most custom XXLSA-based roms like Cassies, SVA, Ultimate, etc which already have the unlimited apps multiwindow mod built in. Make a nandroid backup to be safe. I have not tried all ROMS, this mod may or may not work so proceed at your own risk.

2. Install build prop editor from the PlayStore and edit ro.sf.lcd_density = 213.

3. Download the Floating.Multiwindow.Mod.XXLSA,zip below and flash through CWM recovery.

4. Reboot your phone and explore - open apps, resize them, move them, open multiple apps, and so forth. Let the rom settle for a while. Play with it. It takes a bit of learning to use the floating window interface and develop a workflow in using it for productive multitasking.

Resizing Apps: When on fullscreen mode, you will see a double-overlapping square icon on top right or bottom right side of every app to launch the app in window mode, then when on window mode, you can resize by touching & dragging each side (left, right or bottom) of the window in one direction or dragging the bottom corners to resize in both directions.

Note: Because this uses a phablet UI interface, some apps may not look and work right. The ripple lockscreen is gone although there is a mod to restore it somewhere in this thread. The long press Home button to open recent apps is gone but an alternative is to download Recent Apps Quick Button or Notification Toggles from the PlayStore and configure it to be accessed from the notification panel. Stock apps layouts like dialer, voice recorder, etc may be out of place but you can replace it with 240dpi modded apps located in the themes/apps section of the forum. You can use some stock apps from TAB 2 7" or the Note10.1 as replacement.

Tips:

a) Use Notification Toggles from the PlayStore and configure it to launch favourite apps on the notification panel. It also has option to enable shortcuts for Recent Apps and Task manager in notification panel for quick app switching and other stuff.

b) Use GMD Spen control found in the apps/themes section to enable gestures for quick app switching.

c) Use Rotation Control app from the Playstore if you want to manually control autorotation of apps.

d) As I have not changed the systemui, mods that enhance/change the systemui like themes and all that may work on this mod. Always backup your stock systemui for safety.

e) For the best handwriting recognition keyboard replacement , I recomment 7notes by mazec on the PlayStore. It's really good, a lot more accurate than the stock samsung one.

* I would be sharing as much tips as I go about using this mod on a daily basis. I wish you share yours too if you are using this mod.

My thoughts so far using this mod:

I am using Cassies XtraLiteRom LSA and so far it feels snappy. I use Notifications Toggles for quick app switching (still waiting for Samsung to release its Smart Switcher App). I don't really need to use these apps in window mode but I have the option if I want to, and at 213 dpi, I feel this is what the spen was built for aside from sketches and drawings and notes. Some might complain about apps not looking right on window mode but they are not meant to be in window mode, the developer did not intend it to be. But some apps look and work fine on window mode and can be used for a more viable multitasking workflow than is currently available on phones. It is just a matter of developing a certain workflow and a collection of apps that work for you on this mod. A lot of alternative apps are on the play store and here on xda. Moreover, with just a dual core processor as compared to the Note2 and Note10.1's quad core, I can't really complain that this window mode should be able to work on Note1. Not too shabby, I would say.

Restore:

To restore, just delete com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.xml then restore com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml, then restore your backup stock launcher and stock browser, then change dpi to 320. Reboot and you are back to phone mode.

* Attach CWM file works for both LSA and LSC.

Warning: Flashing other mods may or may not break this mod, so be sure know what you are changing. Not suitable for ROMs with systems apps located in preload.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-25-00-39-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-25-00-39-36.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 10,924
  • 2012-11-25-01-04-56.jpg
    2012-11-25-01-04-56.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 10,666
  • 2012-11-25-01-05-23.jpg
    2012-11-25-01-05-23.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 13,630
  • Screenshot_2012-11-25-00-39-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-25-00-39-56.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 8,744
  • 2012-11-25-01-03-32.jpg
    2012-11-25-01-03-32.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 8,070
  • Floating.Multiwindow.Mod.LSA.and.LSC.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 5,044
Last edited:

Kamy

Aug 29, 2012
Beijing
Good job! I always like the Phablet mode but actually those roms based on TW not CM.
Does the stock launcher work with this mode?
Which apps can be swapped? How about stock Tab's launcher? Do the Note and Tab have the same framework? Or those apps are independent from framework?
Sorry for keep questioning :p

Last edited:

nanomet

Feb 16, 2009
this is a lot better than that on LS7, it may not require modded apps anymore, you did a huge update here xperiacle

mR.fR34ky

Dec 26, 2011
Leuven
So any updates on this? I mean anyone tried?
Edit: nice job man! Tried it but unfortunately I didnt like it, but really nice found. Keep it up
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
it works like mentioned in OP but the ls7 mod was waaaay cooler :)

i changed dpi
i flashed raj's lsa 240 zip
his weather zip
then this zip and then reboot

im using Phills 3.65 lsa kernel

the notification still has multi-window tab but doesnt work

one thing - each time i swipe open the lockscreen the screen is upside down :cyclops:
smart rotation lol

edit - its starting to behave now , staying upright. ripple lockscreen working too

Last edited:

tonyking

Dec 19, 2010
New Delhi
it works like mentioned in OP but the ls7 mod was waaaay cooler :)

i changed dpi
i flashed raj's lsa 240 zip
his weather zip
then this zip and then reboot

im using Phills 3.65 lsa kernel

the notification still has multi-window tab but doesnt work

one thing - each time i swipe open the lockscreen the screen is upside down :cyclops:
smart rotation lol

edit - its starting to behave now , staying upright. ripple lockscreen working too

does floating window works on your note at 240 dpi mine working at 213 dpi correct me if i m wrong

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
does floating window works on your note at 240 dpi mine working at 213 dpi correct me if i m wrong

i set my phone to 213 dpi

but flashed raj's available file ( i dont know they might be multi dpi ) i had to put in another weather widget coz i like transparent ones but raj's one wasnt, it works but cud do with a wee bit aligning

tonyking

Dec 19, 2010
New Delhi
i set my phone to 213 dpi

but flashed raj's available file ( i dont know they might be multi dpi ) i had to put in another weather widget coz i like transparent ones but raj's one wasnt, it works but cud do with a wee bit aligning

so you are at 213 dpi right

wth.... now my note's home key does not working

Last edited:

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
yes 213,
home button works to wake up screen from stand by
it opens up choice to choose launcher
but not for showing opened apps and and to choose task manager like before, ure right

tonyking

Dec 19, 2010
New Delhi
yes 213,
home button works to wake up screen from stand by
it opens up choice to choose launcher
but not for showing opened apps and and to choose task manager like before, ure right

mmmm going to flash rom again n will put it to 240 or 213 dpi but will not going to flash this floating multi window will wait for ianbbaa's v0.4 to come out it has all the feature of floating window with multiwindow option together and it is stable also :good:

qazzi76

Dec 7, 2004
Soft Keys/Nav bar

Hi xperiacle,

Is it possible to enable softkeys on this mod?

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 in build.prop results in a FC.

eeyanjae

Jan 23, 2012
thanks so much . it works well on sva v3.0. but how do I resize the screen?

Sent from my SC-05D using xda app-developers app

Talebs

Feb 26, 2010
Doesnt seem to work ... I am on AllianceROM JB XXLSA Alpha 3

Apps opens fine but how to resize?

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
I haven't tried Alliance Rom with this mod yet but I suppose it should work because I have not change the Systemui. It is still the stock one. I only change the launcher because the stock one doesn't work at this dpi.

When on fullscreen mode, you will see a double-overlapping square icon on top right or bottom right side of every app to launch the app in window mode, then when on window mode, you can resize by touching & dragging each side (left, right or bottom) of the window in one direction or dragging the bottom corners to resize in both directions.

Doesnt seem to work ... I am on AllianceROM JB XXLSA Alpha 3

Apps opens fine but how to resize?

mimoun103

Nov 18, 2012
thanks men for this add
i ask about one mod to install from cwm
??????
sorry for my bad english

emuandco

Really nice one. I love it! Was a pain to get things in place, but Aroma File Manager was a real help^^
Only problems now, Battery drain of the new leak, but thats not your matter.

EDIT: Since when is the system Partition so small? Had to delete some apks to have enough free space.

Last edited:

Talebs

Feb 26, 2010
I haven't tried Alliance Rom with this mod yet but I suppose it should work because I have not change the Systemui. It is still the stock one. I only change the launcher because the stock one doesn't work at this dpi.

When on fullscreen mode, you will see a double-overlapping square icon on top right or bottom right side of every app to launch the app in window mode, then when on window mode, you can resize by touching & dragging each side (left, right or bottom) of the window in one direction or dragging the bottom corners to resize in both directions.

Although Alliance rom alpha3 is all stock and follwed the inst. in your first and also installed the multiview more apps hacks but still I dont see that box at top or bottom
I d0nt know what I am missing?

I hope iannbba release his 04 soon so we will have everthing at one place. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: To avoid confusion, specially for noobs, with my new Floating MultiWindow Mod, I have created a new thread as this one works for both LSA and LSC while the new mod works only for LSC because I don't have time to mod both versions. The old mod consists of just a simple permission file while the new mod consists of edits in code and configurations. I recommend that you try the new Floating MultiWindow Mod as it is more awesome than this one. Here is the link to the NEW FLOATING MULTIWINDOW MOD.

Old MOD Version: For both LSA & LSC - Floating MultiWindows - Resizable/Movable/Non-Minimizable
    This is an alternative to the current flashbar multiview feature on Note1 and Note2. Unlike the current dual-pane window of Note1 and Note2, my mod features floating windows - movable, resizable, from fullscreen to window and back and forth for almost all apps, whether modded for multiview or not. It consists of a phablet UI without the soft navigation bar/tray unlike my previous mod on LS7.

So if you are foolish enough like me, maybe you can try this mod and explore a bit of what Samsung maybe cooking for its next big thing. So here it goes. As always, I am not responsible if you brick your phone. Use this mod at your own risk.

1. Requirements: N7000 rooted deodex JB 4.1.2 XXLSA or XXLSC w/ unlimited multiwindows mod installed. You can use most custom XXLSA-based roms like Cassies, SVA, Ultimate, etc which already have the unlimited apps multiwindow mod built in. Make a nandroid backup to be safe. I have not tried all ROMS, this mod may or may not work so proceed at your own risk.

2. Install build prop editor from the PlayStore and edit ro.sf.lcd_density = 213.

3. Download the Floating.Multiwindow.Mod.XXLSA,zip below and flash through CWM recovery.

4. Reboot your phone and explore - open apps, resize them, move them, open multiple apps, and so forth. Let the rom settle for a while. Play with it. It takes a bit of learning to use the floating window interface and develop a workflow in using it for productive multitasking.

Resizing Apps: When on fullscreen mode, you will see a double-overlapping square icon on top right or bottom right side of every app to launch the app in window mode, then when on window mode, you can resize by touching & dragging each side (left, right or bottom) of the window in one direction or dragging the bottom corners to resize in both directions.

Note: Because this uses a phablet UI interface, some apps may not look and work right. The ripple lockscreen is gone although there is a mod to restore it somewhere in this thread. The long press Home button to open recent apps is gone but an alternative is to download Recent Apps Quick Button or Notification Toggles from the PlayStore and configure it to be accessed from the notification panel. Stock apps layouts like dialer, voice recorder, etc may be out of place but you can replace it with 240dpi modded apps located in the themes/apps section of the forum. You can use some stock apps from TAB 2 7" or the Note10.1 as replacement.

Tips:

a) Use Notification Toggles from the PlayStore and configure it to launch favourite apps on the notification panel. It also has option to enable shortcuts for Recent Apps and Task manager in notification panel for quick app switching and other stuff.

b) Use GMD Spen control found in the apps/themes section to enable gestures for quick app switching.

c) Use Rotation Control app from the Playstore if you want to manually control autorotation of apps.

d) As I have not changed the systemui, mods that enhance/change the systemui like themes and all that may work on this mod. Always backup your stock systemui for safety.

e) For the best handwriting recognition keyboard replacement , I recomment 7notes by mazec on the PlayStore. It's really good, a lot more accurate than the stock samsung one.

* I would be sharing as much tips as I go about using this mod on a daily basis. I wish you share yours too if you are using this mod.

My thoughts so far using this mod:

I am using Cassies XtraLiteRom LSA and so far it feels snappy. I use Notifications Toggles for quick app switching (still waiting for Samsung to release its Smart Switcher App). I don't really need to use these apps in window mode but I have the option if I want to, and at 213 dpi, I feel this is what the spen was built for aside from sketches and drawings and notes. Some might complain about apps not looking right on window mode but they are not meant to be in window mode, the developer did not intend it to be. But some apps look and work fine on window mode and can be used for a more viable multitasking workflow than is currently available on phones. It is just a matter of developing a certain workflow and a collection of apps that work for you on this mod. A lot of alternative apps are on the play store and here on xda. Moreover, with just a dual core processor as compared to the Note2 and Note10.1's quad core, I can't really complain that this window mode should be able to work on Note1. Not too shabby, I would say.

Restore:

To restore, just delete com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.xml then restore com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml, then restore your backup stock launcher and stock browser, then change dpi to 320. Reboot and you are back to phone mode.

* Attach CWM file works for both LSA and LSC.

Warning: Flashing other mods may or may not break this mod, so be sure know what you are changing. Not suitable for ROMs with systems apps located in preload.
    is there any fix for dialer
    I have tried to enable soft keys but the current systemui doesn't seem to allow it. I am waiting for the official deodexed TAB 2 7" files so I can test again.

Hi xperiacle,

Is it possible to enable softkeys on this mod?

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 in build.prop results in a FC.
    dont do it

do not attempt to do it coz i nearly bricked my phablet be caution