How I learned to love the bomb..oops, I mean how I finally got CWM working :D

Search This thread

epicKA8

Feb 16, 2011
OK well, i did the ENG S-OFF and it didn't seem to change things, here's what i did do thou, i switched the CWM recovery from the 2.x.x.x to 3.0.0.6 and it seems to be working! i got into CWM, trying to install the AR2.1 ROM, appears to be working

Brennen1

Jun 18, 2010
Alrite I was excited seein ur post to then I get that error!:/ lol I can't wait to see the holy land known as cwm

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

farmercyst

Nov 28, 2010
What should i do if while downloading, it says bootloader corrupt?

this happend to me too. what i did was closed the program and ran it again. this time i made sure to have the screen on to see any prompts i might get on the phone. i prompted me to allow superuser and it went through the process with no problem.

Reactions: vafifty4

moe3754

Feb 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I tried this to see if it would fix my problem with Clockwork booting into recovery when I turn my phone off and plug in to charge but it did not, but at least I will be able to load new radio's in when they are released.

mj0528

Feb 10, 2011
Austin, Tx
Thanks for posting that. I was just going by what they said to do in the CoreDroid thread, and it worked for me, thankfully :)

"
FAQ:

Again, it's recommended that you flash radio 26.04.02.17_M2 (Orange ES 1.75.75.2 / HTC WWE 1.72.405.3) or radio_26.06.03.24_M2 (TELUS WWE 1.84.661.1) or Radio 26.05.05.27_M3 - (Orange UK 1.84.61.2)

How do I flash a new radio?
In order to flash other radios you need to have ENG S-OFF. Once your device has that read this thread to learn how to flash a radio.img

How to get ENG S-OFF:
Download the attached "easy S-OFF.zip" at the botton of this FAQ.
Extract to a folder of your choice.
Connect your phone to a computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. Connect charge only!)
Open my "Desire HD easy s-off.exe", click "S-OFF it"! Allow possible SuperUser request on your phone.
There could be force closes after the process, just reboot and everything will be fine.
Done. (in bootloader it should now show ENG S-OFF)"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=965207

Don't most radio flashes require eng s-off? How does one flash a radio with just s-off and not eng s-off? I may be way off base here since I'm a newb

babyleo

Nov 30, 2007
Just tried this method. Verified ENG-S OFF in hboot. However still no clockwork. Just orange light blink on top and the phone vibrates. Had to battery pull to reboot.

Just to confirm volume down+power for clockwork right ?.

craigkal

Feb 16, 2011
This worked great for me, Thank you.

Previously my ClockwodMod would boot to the white HTC screen and then fade to black and I couldn't see anything that was happening.

Now I can see everything.

babyleo

Nov 30, 2007
Fastboot was unchecked.

However, I chose the "reboot into recovery" option in rom manager and that worked.

BB2DX

Jul 24, 2010
Awesome

Cali This is a great find. I am a real fan of the stock rom, and hated that we had to downgrade to get to other ROMS. Using this, I'm able to get to stock AND have CWM!

droman23

Aug 31, 2010
Hey guys I'm experiencing some problems with running the S off tool. I would check s off then click do it. It would say syncing and that's it. I also would try to keep my phone awake just in case there was a superusers prompt on my phone but it would just lock up and I would have to do a battery pull in order to reboot.

droman23

Aug 31, 2010
Hey guys I'm experiencing some problems with running the S off tool. I would check s off then click do it. It would say syncing and that's it. I also would try to keep my phone awake just in case there was a superusers prompt on my phone but it would just lock up and I would have to do a battery pull in order to reboot.

Never mind guys got it to work. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, here goes the story-

1.Got an Inspire
    2.Did the Hack Kit and then installed the Rooted Stock ROM (Discontinued), everything went okay but when trying to reboot into CWM, I got the HTC Screen for a few seconds then blackness, I later determined it was working I just couldn't see it for whatever reason.
    3.Okay, I thought I'd try Bubby's One Click and see if that would fix it, it went great too, but CWM still no workie, getting frustated now.
    4.I thought I'd try flashing a non-AT&T ROM, since so many have been having issue running one and getting the working, but black screened CWM, I chose CoreDroid's.
    5.I put CoreDroid's ZIP on my SD Card, went into ROM Manager and installed it, making sure clear memory and backup current ROM were checked.
    6.It rebooted into CWM, which of course I couldn't see, then about 10 minutes later it rebooted, and the beautiful CoreDroid Animation came up, and a few minutes after that I had CoreDroid up and running.
    7.Well, I thought, CWM should work fine now, EHHHHH Sorry Johnny (which sounded weird, since my name is Mike :D ), wrong answer, I rebooted into CWM and there it was again, total blackness.
    8.Okay, I noticed in CoreDroid that to be able to flash new Radio's, you had to have Eng S-OFF, so I ran the One Click Eng S-Off Tool found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=855403 , making sure to check the box saying I already have S-Off.
    9.It ran, and said it was successful, and I now had Eng S-Off, so I rebooted into Hboot to check, and at the top sure enough, it said Eng S-Off, I then hit PowerDown, which it did, but then....well, go to 10 :D
    10.It rebooted into...yep, CWM! Clear and beautiful, it looked wonderful! So booted back up, went into ROM Manager and told it to boot into CWM, it did so and it came up again, no problems! I did it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke, nope, all was well now in CWM Land!

So, how's that for a saga? Ahh, now I can kick back, it's Miller Time, or Dr.Pepper Time in my world, I don't drink :D

Use this at YOUR OWN RISK! I take no responsibility for bricked or ruined phones, I just posted this in hopes it might help out people having CWM issues. DO NOT send me hate mail because this didn't work for you :)
    No prob, I'm glad I could help you guys out!
    Very nice discovery, I will in cooperate this into the next version of my program. Thanks a ton. :)

No Prob Bubby, I'm glad I could help and give something back! I am in full support of you by the way, I think it's pretty slimy how they ganged up on you like that, when all you did was try and make things easier for the community. If I can help out in any way, let me know!
    I believe (if I'm not mistaken) that ENG S-OFF is the Engineering bootloader... it's not the best way to S-Off, because it puts the Engineer's Test HBOOT onto your phone, which causes some problems for other things. Also, to get back to complete stock, you'll now need to flash a stock HBOOT as well, if I remember correctly. :p

I haven't had any issues yet, so hopefully I'm good :D I wouldn't have even ran it except for the fact that to flash other radios, you need to have it on there. I don't mind doing whatever I have to do to go back to Stock, which I don't plan on doing unless I have to send it in for warranty or insurance.

That said, I just posted it so that it might be of help to others, so I guess try it if you are having problems with CWM showing up properly, otherwise leave it alone :D
    I could get into cwm, no black-screen for me though. Still couldnt do radios. Used this and bam new radio....Thanks for the info.