Deregister rooted Nook Tablet

Search This thread

ncguy68

Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
What happens when you deregister a rooted Nook Tablet from B&N? Does it break root? Does it uninstall apps installed from the Android Market? If it doesn't break root can it be re-registered afterwards?

Thanks, William

midnightpianist

Apr 19, 2012
Nope

No it doesnt break root, but you can't re-register it. I'm kind of stuck there right now myself. If you figure out how to re-register it, let me know.:)

myl0h

Feb 7, 2012
Honolulu, HI
@midnight have you tried the ubuntu recovery and make it fresh with 1.4.0 or 1.4.2 depending on which model you have and then tried reregistering?

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
@midnight have you tried the ubuntu recovery and make it fresh with 1.4.0 or 1.4.2 depending on which model you have and then tried reregistering?

No no do not recommend that he is not bricked he just need to make factory reset in CWM thats all. Please inform yourself better before recommend something, in fact adam's total wipe writes all partitions with 0's and as the partition #5 is the one containing the serial ID's and mac address of your device then he actually still wont be able to register but he will lose valuable original data that he wont be able to recover back.

~ Veronica

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
What happens when you deregister a rooted Nook Tablet from B&N? Does it break root? Does it uninstall apps installed from the Android Market? If it doesn't break root can it be re-registered afterwards?

Thanks, William

Read my FAQ for that info - link in my signature

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium