How to ROOT Galaxy Note 10.1 3G/Wifi! [N8000/N8013/N8010]

Search This thread

Macrusin

Sep 12, 2012
Credit to Zedomax for providing root methods.
I hv rooted my note 10.1 and SU installed by using method 2.
But I wish to flash a custom rom, the problem is everytime i press home button + volume up , let go home button after the logo appeared.
It directed me to Android system recovery, it should be CMW recovery.
I hv tried again and again but same thing happened.

Last edited:

mingxing37

Jun 25, 2008
It doesnt work for new ROM that samsung just released.

It doesnt work for new ROM that samsung just released.
is there any other way to flash back?:crying:

ftarules

Jan 20, 2007
Root Inject system image of GT-M8013

The OP states that Zedomax added root injected system image of GT-N8013 on 8/16. But I can't find that in the OP. Am I blind?

Secondly, if I flash this in CWM, then the Binary counter is unchanged correct? I just want to be able to return to factory if needed for warranty. Thanks.

skeeterpro

Jan 8, 2011
Iowa
CWM doesnt work on the new ROM.
after flashed by ODIN n press PWR、VOL up button
what I can see is only the samsung reboot program
didnt see CWM recovery so cant flash zip files.:crying:

I followed iofthestorm's instructions and was able to root AND keep CWM no problem. Check his post #92 and follow exactly! You'll need some familiarity with adb at the end but it worked for me (10.1 w/OTA)

Got root and CWM.

HTH

mingxing37

Jun 25, 2008
I followed iofthestorm's instructions and was able to root AND keep CWM no problem. Check his post #92 and follow exactly! You'll need some familiarity with adb at the end but it worked for me (10.1 w/OTA)

Got root and CWM.

HTH

It worked in the beginning on original Rom.
but doesnt work for the new rom.ZSALI1

It shows Android system recovery <3e> not CWM Recovery mode

Fixed by after press pwr n vol up buttons,let it restart 3 times (dont do it onle 1 time)then release pwr then get in recovery mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: lolo_hk

WPMan

Aug 20, 2010
Please post a tutorial on how we can create our own root injected ROMs as you only have a few injected ROMs available. =)

samuelong87

Mar 6, 2010
Singapore

It shows Android system recovery <3e> not CWM Recovery
So I can do nothing now.

Fixed by after press pwr n vol up buttons,let it restart 3 times (dont do it onle 1 time)then release pwr then get in recovery mode.

Darn! I wish i saw this earlier! I updated and now it broke my root too :((

jjordan

Jun 1, 2006
Looking for suggestions

About device shows:
Model number GT-N8013
Android version 4.0.4
Kernel version
3.0.15-1015435-user
se.infra@SEP-120 #1
SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 13 22:17:27 KST 2012
Build number IMM76D.N8013UEALH2

Developer Options shows
Development device ID LGL5-LT6S-FWHP-S

Have tried loading CWM 5 times using heimdall (don't have any computers running windoze) load seems to work but cannot get into CWM. Tried the reboot three times method after 4th and 5th load (binary counter up to 5 now) but still get Samsungs recovery (3e).

Heimdall shows: (just the important lines)
handshaking with Loke
Session begun with device type: 131072
PIT file downloaded successful
uploading recovery
RECOVERY upload successful.

Tried releasing power after Samsung appeared first time - no joy.
Tried releasing power after Samsung disappeared (screen black) - no joy
Tried relaasing power as soon as Samsung appeared the third time - no joy
Tried releasing power after Samsung disappeared (screen black) the third time - no joy.

When Android system recovery appears it shows:
# MANUAL MODE #
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XAR
Successfully applied multi-csc.

I could probably live without root for a while but somehow this has BORKED MY PEN input, the pen does not work and as soon as it touches the screen the capacitive input stops working also. I can still move pages up and down with the volume button so I know system is not actually locked up but it is pretty useless witout a touch screen and I use the pen a lot. Even without using the pen the touch input locks up frequently, wiping the cache through Android system recovery seemed to help a little.

Should note, I am not blamming anyone for borking my pen, it is probably just a permissions issue but I cannot fix it until I get root and/or CWM working.

BTW I am not completely new to this, have probably flashed 10 or 15 devices over the past few years.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-j

Last edited:
Reactions: turbo23

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
About device shows:
Model number GT-N8013
Android version 4.0.4
Kernel version
3.0.15-1015435-user
se.infra@SEP-120 #1
SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 13 22:17:27 KST 2012
Build number IMM76D.N8013UEALH2

Developer Options shows
Development device ID LGL5-LT6S-FWHP-S

Have tried loading CWM 5 times using heimdall (don't have any computers running windoze) load seems to work but cannot get into CWM. Tried the reboot three times method after 4th and 5th load (binary counter up to 5 now) but still get Samsungs recovery (3e).

Heimdall shows: (just the important lines)
handshaking with Loke
Session begun with device type: 131072
PIT file downloaded successful
uploading recovery
RECOVERY upload successful.

Tried releasing power after Samsung appeared first time - no joy.
Tried releasing power after Samsung disappeared (screen black) - no joy
Tried relaasing power as soon as Samsung appeared the third time - no joy
Tried releasing power after Samsung disappeared (screen black) the third time - no joy.

When Android system recovery appears it shows:
# MANUAL MODE #
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XAR
Successfully applied multi-csc.

I could probably live without root for a while but somehow this has BORKED MY PEN input, the pen does not work and as soon as it touches the screen the capacitive input stops working also. I can still move pages up and down with the volume button so I know system is not actually locked up but it is pretty useless witout a touch screen and I use the pen a lot. Even without using the pen the touch input locks up frequently, wiping the cache through Android system recovery seemed to help a little.

Should note, I am not blamming anyone for borking my pen, it is probably just a permissions issue but I cannot fix it until I get root and/or CWM working.

BTW I am not completely new to this, have probably flashed 10 or 15 devices over the past few years.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-j

Oh, newer software is overwriting the recovery, try holding down the buttons immediately after heimdall finishes.

Reactions: jjordan

jjordan

Jun 1, 2006
Thank you so very much! Had a feeling that's what was happeing but didn't know how to get around it (should have). Actually had to try a few more times until I found your latest CWM recovery file which worked like a charm. Thanks again

-j

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

The N8013-somekernel fixed the pen issue so all is well, thank you both zedomax and khanh1289 for your help. If anyone else has this problem pull the pen out and put it back in once or twice after flashing the kernel seems to kick the driver in the pants or maybe it was because I had the pen out when I booted.

Thanks again, made my day.

The stress is what I get for playing with the tablet I actively use for taking notes in school, at least I backed up my notes... Now to install a custom rom, ahh... maybe after school tomorrow so I have the weekend to fix my mistakes. (actually even after flashing a dozen times and rebooting probably 150 I didn't even lose my notes.)

- j

lolo_hk

Jan 26, 2012

It shows Android system recovery <3e> not CWM Recovery mode

My N8000 is Hong Kong version and I have same case after upgrade. It really needs 3 times reboot and finally enter into CWM.. It is STRANGE!

DESASTER75

Jan 30, 2011
Dears!

After reading all posts, I'm wondering if rooting (I really want to) is bug-free or not! If rooted (Method 2) and install unofficial CWMTouch, why still getting problems after updating firmware?

Wouldn't it be better then to update Firmware first and afterwards do the rooting and CWM-install and afterwards the Custom-Rom-install? *confused*

What would be the best working bug-free method to get latest firmware, root, cwm and custom-rom installed? Any idea (maybe an step-by-step SOP available which contains ALL?

Thanks a lot for your kind replies,
DES75

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please goto rootgalaxynote.com for details, sorry I had to delete my content here.
    Hi... I'm folowing the steps, but can't root my device. I'm using a CWM-SuperSU-v0.94 root metod. Device connects to Odin, i'm flashing the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip with Odin, and I after I'm rebooting in recovery, I still see the stock revovery... What I do wrong? I'm folowing all the steps, watched the video, doing everything like in video.
    Device is
    Galaxy Note..........10.1
    Model Number.......GT-N8000
    Android Version.....4.1.2.
    Baseband version...N8000XXCLL1
    Kernel version........3.0.31 - 1446185
    ............................dpi@DELL234 # 1
    ............................SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 22 17:30:43 KST 2013
    Build number.........JZO54K.N8000XXCMJ2

Please Help

I've been facing this problem myself this week. I found another post about this issue, and followed it, though I can't find it again. But here are the steps
    1. Before you flash the recovery, uncheck "Auto Reboot" in Odin (or use the --no-reboot switch for heimdall).
    2. Once it's done flashing, reboot straight into recovery by holding the volume up (farthest from power) and the power button (all while the "download" screen is still up).
    3. Release the power button when the splash screen comes up, but continue holding the volume button.
    4. Release the volume button once the recovery comes up.
    I was told that when rebooting after from the first installation using Odin, the tablet recovers the stock recovery (overwriting the custom recovery).

This was very frustrating for me before I came across that post. I think I installed CMW or TWRP a total of 10 times before I found the fix.
    reserved

reserved
    I was successful in rooting the 10.1 (N8013), But i've noticed that when i use the CWM recovery, i have actually purchased a premium app to show support. When i reboots it goes into the android recovery. So with your initial instructions i did the CWM recovery mode from odin and reboot manually. So now if i want to do custom rom flashed i have to do it though odin as well? Can i use GOO app or the CWM paid app?

Much appreciate you input, i will be ever so great ful.

Sincerely,

Just follow the below steps :

if you are still getting the stock recovery 3e follow these steps :

1. When flashing CWM through odin untick the "Auto Reboot" option within Odin.
    2. Flash CWM.
    3. When done , press power & volume up ( the one apart from power button ) until the Samsung logo appears, then leave both buttons.
    4. CWM will appear.
    5. Choose "Reboot System now "
    6. You will get a new screen with an option mentioning something like " disable flash recovery , press it & reboot.
    7. Now if you get back to pressing power & volume up you will have a permanent CWM.

Then you can install root through CWM.:)
    For development, I need both so I can testing everything, I don't want to see people bricking their $500-600 tablets because I didn't test it first.