[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread
G

GuestK00407

Really? That's fantastic.
Could tell us about the bugs/things not working?

the only thing not working is video HW acceleration. it'll shoot videos in HD just fine, it just won't play any (youtube, gallery—haven't tried MX player with software acceleration yet) and doesn't show video previews in camera/camcorder. oddly enough camera does show video preview in panorama mode!

EDIT: as I said before, I've tried copying modules from CM9 and pushing mfc_fw.bin to get it to work, but no luck

Last edited:

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
the only thing not working is video HW acceleration. it'll shoot videos in HD just fine, it just won't play any (youtube, gallery—haven't tried MX player with software acceleration yet) and doesn't show video previews in camera/camcorder. oddly enough camera does show video preview in panorama mode!

That's peanuts.
It's really amazing that two fairly different Rom bases can use the same kernel with no patching or modding.
Kudos for having the cojones to give it a try.:)

Nicosch

Jul 27, 2011
Halle
Please stop asking those same question over and over again.. many posts/threads have handled your question..

Is it safe if you've read all those posts and you know what you're doing ? YES

In all other cases.. NO

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: skyhigh2004
G

GuestK00407

That's peanuts.
It's really amazing that two fairly different Rom bases can use the same kernel with no patching or modding.
Kudos for having the cojones to give it a try.:)

I figured they were both AOSP-ish so why the hell not, and as long as I wasn't flashing with a bad kernel I couldn't do much serious damage right?
If anyone wants the CM9 kernel, you can download it here

nuclearmonkeyuk

Mar 3, 2011
Coventry
Has anyone found a way to make pulse notification work on the back light keys? It worked in the very first build released in January
Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

theflippa

Jan 25, 2008
I have a problem. When i want to install the gmail app from the market i get not supported in your country. All other market apps i tested worked. I have a DBT note and live in germany, so the download should work. Any ideas?
Thanks for your help and this great ROM!

EDIT: Maybe my productcode got messed up with all the flashing. How can i check and change it under cm9? The old codes dont work.

Last edited:

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
Anyone more then me that gets super user not sticking with the "remember answer" option?

Every time I open a root program it asks for permission. Even thou I have granted it several times :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

lhooipg

Dec 14, 2011
Anyone more then me that gets super user not sticking with the "remember answer" option?

Every time I open a root program it asks for permission. Even thou I have granted it several times :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Go to SU app and under the Setting -> Access -> Default access select "Grant" instead of [Prompt]

Reactions: Karlmadur

Klyupp

Nov 28, 2009
Amsterdam
Thanks xplodwild for build 7 it's truly awesome!
Also I have a question, a problem with earlier builds was that apps didn't show up in the play store, I'm right now having the same thing on my htc one x running CM9. I know they're complete different devices, but can you explain how to fix it maybe changing build.prop or fingerprints of the device? Also I'm not posting this on one x thread becauese there is no here on xda

Top Liked Posts