[Q] What is the best device for Firefox OS

Search This thread

erotavlas

Apr 23, 2014
Hi,

I want to buy a new device for Firefox OS that is a better with respect than my ZTE open. I'm interest on a device that is able to run also the future Firefox OS 2.x. An important feature for me is the battery life and I don't care about camera. One good device seems Geeksphone revolution http://www.geeksphone.com/ it costs 167 euros the only thing that I don't like is the Intel atom CPU. What do you suggest?

Thank you

JoeeeWhite

May 22, 2014

linr76

Feb 28, 2014
Zürich
probably the *best* device would be the Flame reference phone.
will be sold shortly and is aimed at developers, or at least so Mozilla claims.
costs 170USD including WW free shipping.

as long as there is no clarification on how future updates will be supported there is no real best phone anyways, since it is the same as with Android - if the hardware supplier does not offer an upgrade, you are stuck with whatever version you have.

Jimcodes68

May 15, 2014
Milano
Best device for Firefox OS

probably the *best* device would be the Flame reference phone.
will be sold shortly and is aimed at developers, or at least so Mozilla claims.
costs 170USD including WW free shipping.

as long as there is no clarification on how future updates will be supported there is no real best phone anyways, since it is the same as with Android - if the hardware supplier does not offer an upgrade, you are stuck with whatever version you have.

I think so
Best device should be Flame reference phone
Look at
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developer_phone_guide/Flame
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developer_phone_guide/Phone_specs
A modern dual core with frequent OS updates

But a good dev phone could be our future Xiaomi Mi2S (look at xiaomi_mi_2s-5397 in gsmarena 16GB model) with Firefox OS 1.3 optimized.
And, of course, frequent updates to latest stable version of Firefox OS
Coming soon, stay tuned ;)

suoko

Jan 7, 2010
Tokyo
Hi,

I want to buy a new device for Firefox OS that is a better with respect than my ZTE open. I'm interest on a device that is able to run also the future Firefox OS 2.x. An important feature for me is the battery life and I don't care about camera. One good device seems Geeksphone revolution http://www.geeksphone.com/ it costs 167 euros the only thing that I don't like is the Intel atom CPU. What do you suggest?

Thank you

You probably know that you can buy the flame from everbuying now.
I wanted to inform all of you that you can get the 10% discount (which is offered by everbuying to its new customers) by using their mobile website.

rudrapratap03

May 20, 2014
Jaipur
Hi,

I want to buy a new device for Firefox OS that is a better with respect than my ZTE open. I'm interest on a device that is able to run also the future Firefox OS 2.x. An important feature for me is the battery life and I don't care about camera. One good device seems Geeksphone revolution ttp://www.geeksphone.com/ it costs 167 euros the only thing that I don't like is the Intel atom CPU. What do you suggest?

Thank you

Yesterday I read a new on news portal that Mozilla joined hands with Intex and Spice to offer their own smartphone. Now you were thinking of the price..Interestingly, they have mentioned that they will launch that smartphone with an ultra low price of just Rs 1500. Isn't it amazing.
But they have taken 1 year time to made it available in public. So it will be really interesting to view what they are planning to give in such a negotiable cost and what quality will be available.