[ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mpfstc

Jul 26, 2008
Baltimore
Only thing super wipe does is super wipe the /data partition. I have it super wipe /system and /cache by default when installing..

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."

Probably just by sheer luck alone it worked for me. SkyICS based off of UCLD2 says not to use it. I don't know exactly what super wipe does. Just figured I would suggest what I heard. Thanks for your hard work. I used your stuff on the MT4G also. Don't let the people that ***** and talk **** slow you down. Your work is definitely appreciated. Thanks for the default wallpaper too!

theghazi

Dec 10, 2009
Chicago
In your next release please do not make the apex launcher the system application. I have apex pro and it don't install over this version. I even deleted it. It still don't install and when I reboot the phone. That deleted apex came back again :) but great rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xsteven77x

faldiin

Dec 29, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
Thank you

I am personally porting this theme for the rom as a flashable mod. I know there is a huge desire for a more stock looking ICS.. just give me some time and ill see what i can do :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1334922

Oh that would be awesome. I love that color setup :) Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Are there any downsides to running this over a GB Rom at this point?

None. I actually think it is more smooth then GB and I have not had any major issues. On my phone battery is better then GB 2.6

One side effect I have found is SOME apps have not been updated to ICS. If you have a Backup you can try loading it and see if it works.

Rekzer

Nov 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh that would be awesome. I love that color setup :) Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

None. I actually think it is more smooth then GB and I have not had any major issues. On my phone battery is better then GB 2.6

One side effect I have found is SOME apps have not been updated to ICS. If you have a Backup you can try loading it and see if it works.

Thanks! Ill give it a try when i get a chance. Excited to try another TDJ rom!

Galactic2

Apr 14, 2011
New York City
If only I could figure out this call echo issue. I've tried different radios, reflashing, case on and case off... just can't figure it out.

I don't wanna go back to warfare just yet.

Last edited:

KiLaTeS

Aug 22, 2008
when instructions says:

"8. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
9. Done!
"

means it will stay on the Dark side screen for 10 minutes?

kkholidaze

Apr 11, 2010
Only thing I've found is if I reboot to recovery and the charger is plugged in, it will reboot into download mode. Hopefully in the next release we could get an ics dialer with contacts. Question about the radios. What is the main difference between the ics radios and the current stock one now? Trying to see if it's even worth flashing a different radio seeing how the official rom will be released soon.

Sent from my A500 using XDA

slamindamalibu

Oct 11, 2007
St. Louis
downloaded twice superwiped flashed(or tried to flashed) rom. install aborted bad. any ideas?

no sooner than i asked i just renamed the file and it works , sorry!

Last edited:

ScreamingSkulls

Apr 8, 2012
Owasso OK
www.chris-michele.com
when instructions says:

"8. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
9. Done!
"

means it will stay on the Dark side screen for 10 minutes?

I just got home from work, downloaded rom, installed ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7, placed rom on sdcard, rebooted into CWM did a backup, flashed wipe, flashed rom, rebooted and my phone gave me the option to pick a launcher when reboot was done. Of course I did not touch it, waiting the 10 minutes at min sooooo to answer your question it should show you darkside galaxy logo, then "android" logo, then "installing applications" and last should be to choose launcher at which point your phone screen should shut off. The 10 min clock starts at that moment.

Did you see all that?

Reactions: KiLaTeS

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
In your next release please do not make the apex launcher the system application. I have apex pro and it don't install over this version. I even deleted it. It still don't install and when I reboot the phone. That deleted apex came back again :) but great rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I had no issues at all downloading the pro unlocker from play store and installing.

4c133ae8-c07a-9a27.jpg

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."

KiLaTeS

Aug 22, 2008
I just got home from work, downloaded rom, installed ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7, placed rom on sdcard, rebooted into CWM did a backup, flashed wipe, flashed rom, rebooted and my phone gave me the option to pick a launcher when reboot was done. Of course I did not touch it, waiting the 10 minutes at min sooooo to answer your question it should show you darkside galaxy logo, then "android" logo, then "installing applications" and last should be to choose launcher at which point your phone screen should shut off. The 10 min clock starts at that moment.

Did you see all that?

no, mine doesnt do anything of that, I flash the wipe, flash rom, reboot, everything seems to go thru fine, no errors, then when rebooting it takes me to Samsung screen, then switch to DARKSIDE Galaxy s II screen, it sits on there for 3 hours if I let him, like last night I even falled to sleep and my phone was stock on the same screen when I woked up this morning lol :/

gorillaz1

Nov 28, 2011
Middletown, DE
I had no issues at all downloading the pro unlocker from play store and installing.

4c133ae8-c07a-9a27.jpg

I had issues with pro too. I would download pro which caused me to need to update apex.

Problem was every time I restarted I'd have to update apex again for pro's features to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

ScreamingSkulls

Apr 8, 2012
Owasso OK
www.chris-michele.com
tdj,

Just flashed the rom and Yes I did do everything perfectly, ran into no complications, waited 15 minutes, rebooted. Did 2 test calls:

[1] From my house phone to cell with seidio case on - Had echo on caller side
[2] From wife phone with seidio case on - Had echo on caller side

Then I took the case off completely, did same test calls and had same echo on caller side. I appreciate the work, just in the few minutes I booted it it seemed smooth.

2hvy4grvty

Nov 2, 2011
If apex weren't a system app, you'd have problems with widget previews. Just saying. You could adb push but hey, why bother?

Dattack

Dec 14, 2010
I can't seem o open my camera application. Did wipe and flash rom and waited . Redid this again and camera won't open. Any have this problem?

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
Battery life is actually pretty decent after letting things settle a bit. I'm on the KID radio and in Maryland if that helps anyone.
The call echo is only present really with my TPU case on. If I turn the volume all the way up with the case off, the echo is there but very faint.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335740813984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335740813984.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 311
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335740835294.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335740835294.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 301

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
Battery life is actually pretty decent after letting things settle a bit. I'm on the KID radio and in Maryland if that helps anyone.
The call echo is only present really with my TPU case on. If I turn the volume all the way up with the case off, the echo is there but very faint.

I am happy with the improvement I made with the battery... Here is just now... Also @ 70%

4c133ae8-d0c5-3157.jpg
4c133ae8-d0cf-3601.jpg
4c133ae8-d0e0-8392.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

*WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

:: DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

** PLEASE READ ENTIRE OP THOROUGHLY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR REPORTING ANY BUGS **

:: SUGGESTED RECOVERY ::

>>> TWRP RECOVERY 2.2.0 <<<

Included:

CLEAN, FAST, SMOOTH, & FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!
    • Enhanced/Optimized Stock ICS ROM - *VERY MINOR* visual changes
    • UVLH1 4.0.4 Based ROM (TMO-T989 Official)
    • 3.0.8 Stock Kernel w/ Modified ramdisk << Waiting on source...
    • NO ECHO
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Busybox
    • bash
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Removed "BLOAT"
    • Init.d support
    • Boot animation support
    • 5x4x5 TouchWiz Modified Launcher
    • Added Scrolling Wallpaper support
    • Fixed Gallery3D to support scrolling or static wallpapers w/ TW Launcher
    • Customizable 15 toggle quick panel (Thanks to @lengendk95)
    • Added Recovery & Download to Power Menu
    • Enabled SIP Calling over WiFi and 3g/4g
    • MMS Enhancements
    • Battery Notification disabled
    • DARKSIDE scripts
    • sysrw/sysro scripts
    • Enabled "Stay Awake" in Development Settings
    • SGS2 International shutdown/boot animation
    • Removed AM/PM from status bar
    • Updated Framework
    • Updated Statusbar
    • Samsung Keyboard, Swype, and ICS stock Keyboard
    • Fixed ADB
    • Enabled statubar brightness slider thingy
    • Removed Exchange security policy
    • BLN support

Working:
    • DATA
    • WIFI
    • WIFI CALLING
    • GPS
    • BLUETOOTH
    • WIRELESS TETHER
    • USB TETHER
    • MMS
    • MMS OVER WIFI CALLING

Known Issues:
    • Reboot/Shutdown Hangs: Scroll down to the >>> MODS <<< section and read the DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE description...

Pro Tips:
    • Coming soon...

Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION:

* FULL WIPE ALWAYS *

01. Download ROM (Link is Below)
    02. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Rom Toolbox, Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
    03. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card. (ie: /sdcard)
    04. Boot into Recovery Mode
    05. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    06. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE (OPTIONAL - ROM will do this by default)
    07. Flash an ICS ready radio (Links below)
    08. Flash ROM.
    09. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    10. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
    11. Done!

Please don't start flashing any mods that were not done by me! Unless the mod was specifically made for this rom, with parts from this rom. Don't flash any radios unless they're specifically for ICS, the ril from gb roms will cause phone not to boot.

I know that ICS is new and a lot of people are unfamiliar. You must read! Please don't think ICS is anything similar to gingerbread.

My Change Log:
    Code:
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    [B]DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 [8.29.2012] [v0][/B]

* "Pre-Release" 
    [/FONT]

** PLEASE respect my work and ask before posting mirrors or using any parts **

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 v0 <<<
    [DOWNLOAD HERE]
    [8.29.2012]

md5: a4e9c5e0dcd059867e490c44b1dc6003

THIS WILL SUPER.WIPE BY DEFAULT! BACK UP YOUR APPS!

:: SCREENSHOTS ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-42-21.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-09.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-01.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-57.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-10.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-13-04.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-22.jpg

:: TW Launcher 5x4x4 MOD ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-12-12.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-26-00.jpg

Kernel Source [FOUND HERE]
    Fire powwwwwwah!

>>> RADIOS <<<

>>> Tmo UVLE1 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 2d4f9b49780c2181c476e8c075ee41eb

>>> Tmo UVLC8 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 25b9d39fd866c5fe86d547d730ba2da8

**I HAVE REMOVED THE RILS FROM THESE RADIOS! PLEASE USE THESE RADIOS IF YOU WANT GPS AND DATA TO WORK WITHOUT ISSUE! PLEASE DONT REPORT ANY DATA/GPS LOSS IF ON ANY OTHER RADIO BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW**

>>> TOOLS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

>>> MODS <<<

>>> Volume Wake <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

Here is where I stand after a lot of thought on all this.. I am a firm believer in pushing the community forward. Innovation, creativity, and originality are the keys into doing this. I am definetly not happy with the way people act around here, especially some of the new "devs". There is no sense in not helping the community when I am able. I know that I can deliver a solid ROM based off the stock Samsung firmware. It will continue along the line of minimal ui changes and focus more on ux. Updates will not be as rapid and before, but development will be consistent until I am happy with where the project ends up. I will be moving in 2 days, so I don't think I will have anything ready for another week or so. This is not an eta, just letting you know where I am at... let's do the damn thing and show them that there feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE!
    If anyone is still interested.. Expect an update with the new UVLH1 android 4.0.4. NO ETA..

Taking requests for things people would like to see.. will not guarantee I will implement everything suggested.. but open for ideas
    I will be releasing v2 BETA01 tonight. V2 rebases of the uvcl8 t989 base and gives us back all functionality. Base is stable and screaming fast. Plus I know a lot of people will be happy to get wifi calling back... no exact time, but sometime tonight for sure. Still a few things that I have to do.. but I know u guys will be more than happy with my progress. To note, everything works within the rom