[Q] note 3 imei changed

Search This thread

amancools

Jan 30, 2014
note 3(sm-n900) imei changed to 0049999010640000/01,when i tried to make a call it shows 'not registered on network'
please help me with this, it has been a week i am looking for an fix :(

amancools

Jan 30, 2014
Thank you for your reply

I havent done anything, I had given it to a mobile shop and they returned me the phone with no imei or baseband, I flashed it with stock firmware using odin.
Before I cant even turn my wifi on, I deleted the efs and now the wifi is working

Please help me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Thank you for your reply

I havent done anything, I had given it to a mobile shop and they returned me the phone with no imei or baseband, I flashed it with stock firmware using odin.
Before I cant even turn my wifi on, I deleted the efs and now the wifi is working

Please help me

Normally I would guide you on how to fix, but since a phone shop messed it up on you it's not up to you to fix, why should you risk your warranty cause of their mistake?, bring it back and demand they fix it ASAP for free.

amancools

Jan 30, 2014
I bought the phone when I was in tour,more than it the knox had triggered it to 'warranty bit 1'.
Please give me a soulution !?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I bought the phone when I was in tour,more than it the knox had triggered it to 'warranty bit 1'.
Please give me a soulution !?

Yup technically a soft brick. Follow the post above yours advice. He helped another guy earlier today :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
If no efs backup is available your pretty much have a brick.. It contains your imei sig.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Not strictly true. Lots of people have no efs back up and can restore easily.

Number 1 - there's a fore script that rebuilds the partition, which the note 3 can do.

Number 2 - Your imei is stored on your box for the device to, with a little bit of adb trickery you can restore it fine.

MySam

May 7, 2011
Singapore
Not strictly true. Lots of people have no efs back up and can restore easily.

Number 1 - there's a fore script that rebuilds the partition, which the note 3 can do.

Number 2 - Your imei is stored on your box for the device to, with a little bit of adb trickery you can restore it fine.

Yer arse, if the efs is empty then your pretty much ****ed without a backup... That imei number he has is a generic default when the system can't find the original.. Edit: however I've no idea if such a script /program can regenerate the original imei number.. I had the same problem on a galaxy S1, wiped the phone, reflashed a custom rom, bang no imei.. Had a backup of efs and had it working again, phew. Reading about the imei was a nightmare..

Sent from my SM-N9005

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
There's plenty of threads where people have restored efs and lost IMEI and serial numbers. - things have changed significantly since the S1 days....

amancools there is numerous threads around, search for them. I'm on my phone and searching for links is annoying.

Edit: Here's the efs fix for the benefit of poster who says "yer arse"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507403

Edit 2: Explanation of how to fix IMEI

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49891835

Last edited:

amancools

Jan 30, 2014
When i select the Rmnet+dm+modem option the windows doesnt recognize the device

I have a sm-n9005 when I connect it in this mode the pc regonized the device

What should I do to fix the usb problem?

Reactions: nabilsweet007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When i select the Rmnet+dm+modem option the windows doesnt recognize the device

I have a sm-n9005 when I connect it in this mode the pc regonized the device

What should I do to fix the usb problem?