[Q] D616w and D516w, HTC 8-core is coming?

Search This thread

huck.dave

Mar 5, 2014
Some news reported HTC D616w and D516w has arrived at Antutu Benchmark, belonging to the Desire family and equipped with MT6592 octa-core chipset. Someone know about it? And the OEM is some factory named Wingtech. What's it?

Reactions: wym1990815

mohammad ahamad

Mar 20, 2013
Some news reported HTC D616w and D516w has arrived at Antutu Benchmark, belonging to the Desire family and equipped with MT6592 octa-core chipset. Someone know about it? And the OEM is some factory named Wingtech. What's it?

Wingtech is one of the biggest cellphone OEM in China like Foxconn. Wingtech manufactured Hongmi by Xiaomi company and many Huawei handsets also came out of it. Foxconn is the factory for iPhone.

wym1990815

Mar 5, 2014

mohammad ahamad

Mar 20, 2013
The price might change at last. While this device announced cheap with 8MP camera , i wish the pixel could be higher in final vesion.
8mp is good enough if it was the real resolution. Many cameras have interpolated resolution of 13mp or 14mp, but the real is 2mp or lower.
You know iPhone 5 is 8MP and HTC ONE, 4MP.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I think MTK’s eight cores compared with other CPU which like Qualcomm、Inter,the MTK haven't competitive.But the low price is attractive.About $270?

About MTK6592, i've made a review on a phone paired with it, namely Cubot X6 (). It perfectly supports 720p resolution. Though MTK is marked "low-end", it has 8 cores after all.

huck.dave

Mar 5, 2014
8mp is good enough if it was the real resolution. Many cameras have interpolated resolution of 13mp or 14mp, but the real is 2mp or lower.
You know iPhone 5 is 8MP and HTC ONE, 4MP.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

About MTK6592, i've made a review on a phone paired with it, namely Cubot X6 (). It perfectly supports 720p resolution. Though MTK is marked "low-end", it has 8 cores after all.

did you mean many cameras do not have real resolution by interpolating resolution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.