Latest Firmware Version Download

NE2 Click Here

Older Firmware Version Downloads

ND9 Click Here

Odin Downloads

Click Here

Installation Instructions

1. Download firmware
2. Download Odin (3.07 or 3.09 doesn't matter)
3. Put tablet into download mode by:
Turning tablet off.
Hold home button and volume down
Press and hold power button til Download mode warning
Release keys
Press volume up
4. Run Odin
5. Load firmware tar into PDA
6. Connect Tablet to pc via usb
7. Click Start

Firmwares provided by Sammobile.com Uploaded to Mega for faster download and no need for an account

Last edited:

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Do these include knox? My tablet does not have it. I am on nd5

Didnt know there was an ND5. There wasnt even an ND5 when I downloaded the kernel source code from samsung. And nope, There like 2 knox files in the entire firmwares which is just left behind crap I believe. Absolutely does not give you a knox bootloader and crap tho. Do make sure your tablet is a T230NU model and not just a T230 model.

DroidOSnewb

Aug 2, 2014
Thanks a lot for this. So if I'm rooted and want to install system updates I would first backup data to sd card via titanium ,(or to pc?) , then factory restore via settings, Odin with this firmware, install updates, then vroot + terminal supersu, then restore backups.... correct? I'm still trying to figure out what bloatware is safe to remove...a guide on how to clean a out of the box tab 4 7.0 would be greatly appricated....

EdNikNak

Sep 3, 2014
Will this Root my T230NU?

Hi, I am new to the Android market and I was wondering if this "stock" image will root my Samsung Galaxy 4 T230NU.

I am a formerly iDevice owner and I am quite familiar with Jailbreaking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jshawnray

Nov 14, 2013
Hello Ed,

I'm kind of new as well however I can tell you that this process will not root it. In my case, because I updated the software I had to use the stock Rom in order to downgrade and then root it. ShinySide explains the.. Rooting procedure in another post

MoEMuRk

Nov 14, 2014
The downloads dont work

I try to donaload the file and it just stops and goeas from one percent to another and never finishes.....is their another way to get these files besides that crappy website?

MoEMuRk

Nov 14, 2014
It stops and does not work for me

---------- Post added 17th November 2014 at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th November 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

I had kies work for me just got it to install the firmware for me....I know how to get root any preferences for a Rom yet?

Jfender1005

Aug 3, 2014
Bloomington
Works Great!

I try to donaload the file and it just stops and goeas from one percent to another and never finishes.....is their another way to get these files besides that crappy website?

I just used these links to download the firmware and they worked great. Mega took 1/3 as much time to pull from as Sammobile. Thank you Shinyside! You are awesome. If I wasn't a broke college kid I'd would def donate. :(

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

So I rooted my Tab 4 7" and then decided to switch to Nexus 7 and sell my Tab 4. Both great devices but the specs and updates draw me to try Nexus after the Tab. Anyway, I went to Sammobile to get the Stock rom and inadvertently ended up with the Nook version. OOOPS. Had to reflash but the second firmware I downloaded from Sammobile (at about 1 hour each, ugh) kept failing. Even after wiping the Cache and resetting I could not flash with Odin. Tried placing the image on the SD and installing in Recovery and still no luck. Then I turned to the ONLY source for self support of Android and found ShinySide with the stuff I needed. Downloaded with the Mega link which took 20+ min instead of an hour and it flashed straight away and my Tab 4 is back to being a Tab 4 instead of a Nook. Just wanted to give props to ShinySide for his efforts on behalf of the community and his patience to put up with noobs even when they do/say silly stuff!

fidorulz

May 12, 2010
Thanks for the great info.

Will this restore stock recovery as well as remove root?

I need to return my device and thus need it fully stock

Thanks

Last edited:

terrorine

Nov 19, 2012
tried rooting and somone got stuck at loading screen with device name and powered by android screen....stuck there and got odin to load and apparently flash the stock but im still stuck...

greekchief

Mar 25, 2011
thank you

HI so i tried installing twrp recovery for my SM-t230NU And it got stuck in bootloop after trying to load custom recovery. Not a single Tar file md5 file worked until i got this rom and USED odin to install it. Odin just kept crashing on me till I got here and used the md5 file provided. It pushed the files while in download mode and rebooted and even still had all my apps and email going.

Again thank you so much and please reply if you have the same device and need help. I thought i bricked my Christmas present.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

tried rooting and somone got stuck at loading screen with device name and powered by android screen....stuck there and got odin to load and apparently flash the stock but im still stuck...

Any luck i finally got my unbricked after 16 hours of searching.

Top Liked Posts