Swype Beta news.

Search This thread

sharkoparko

Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX USA
waiting for CM9 to kill the crap

so , you saying downloading and installing swype will work on unlocked t-mo device even it used to say on Swype web page that this will not run on devices with pre-installed/modified swype?

berrykd

May 8, 2007
Illinois
Swype Beta worked for me

The swype beta worked for me on my MyTouch 4G (Glacier) I will see if it works on my One S today.

jacewt

Mar 7, 2009
Los Angeles
Official Swype beta installed just fine on my one s stock, unrooted.

Ps, we don't have Swype pre installed, that is an HTC keyboard with Swype features.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

compta5

Apr 21, 2009
I installed the apk from the previous post and worked then later I got a message saying there was an official beta update.installed the official and works great.

Sent from my HTC HOS using xda premium

ascot17

Dec 17, 2006
I installed the apk from the previous post and worked then later I got a message saying there was an official beta update.installed the official and works great.

Sent from my HTC HOS using xda premium

I never got a message, but have now installed the official beta as well.

About 5 minutes after installing, I got a random reboot on my phone which I have hardly ever had. Hope it is not related....

Downloaded this a few days ago, working great except one problem...
Sometimes when I press the space button it close the keyboard and goes to the home screen (yes I'm sure I wasn't accidentally pressing home button :p ). Mainly noticed in stock messaging app, and I always get the toast notification "Swype will automatically insert a space for you".
Anyone else?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

imthekuni

Jul 15, 2010
happens to me sometimes too...thought maybe the home key was a little sensitive or I have fat fingers

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
I have both the older swype and the one that was offered lately running on the One S.

What i find interesting is that the new Swype seems to be very different. The layout has changed, functions have been reordered, its faster, doesn't have its terrible lag anymore. Also now its offered under the company name of "Nuance" which i never saw before. It's a bit like a new keyboard.
Also, i am not sure it is as good as it used to be. I have ambivalent feelings for it at the moment.

But to answer to the main question of the thread: both versions run perfectly well on the One S and i had never had a reboot. I am on LeeDroid. I have had it on a rooted stock ROM (1.78 base) before.
-

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Yes I agree. The latest was significant. It improves a lot of stuff.

I just want to be able to skin it again....:-(

Sent from my HTC One-S (rooted), stock ROM

You can still skin it...sort of;). The problem is that unless you know their private key, you can't sign it properly. If you resign it, it will still install and function as a normal keyboard, minus the actual Swype feature. Sucks too because I've skinned it to match the stock keyboard beautifully. Oh well.

tongueman87

Jul 7, 2011
can anyone pm

Is there anyone that can PM me the link to get it? Or link to a drop box dl for the apk?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of us running stock and locked phones, the finally got Swype to work.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium