[Q] Security Force Close i9505 Android 4.4.2

Search This thread

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Hi there,

Just installed the leaked 4.4.2 NA5 firmware on my i9505 and apparently whenever I click the security link in settings app, the settings app force closes. This seems to be a firmware problem. I just want to go there and enable installation of apk's from unknown locations. Anyone know a bypass or a fix?

Waiting for the reply.

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Hi there,

Just installed the leaked 4.4.2 NA5 firmware on my i9505 and apparently whenever I click the security link in settings app, the settings app force closes. This seems to be a firmware problem. I just want to go there and enable installation of apk's from unknown locations. Anyone know a bypass or a fix?

Waiting for the reply.

Is your phone rooted? :) i can help you solve this problem but im not allowed to post the file because i dont wanna end up breaking the rules ;) so If your phone is rooted Feel free to Pm me :) and im not 100% sure if this file will work but atleast it work's for me tho . teehee.

Joery1983

Jan 1, 2014
Hi there,

Waiting for the reply.

Did you install complete firmware or just the modem and bootloader? You flashed Foxhound rom right? You'll need to flash complete stock 4.4.2 first wipe before and after flashing then check if everything works and after that you can flash a recovery and you can try to flash Foxhound again.

Be sure to wipe cache, dalvik and factory reset before and after you've flashed Foxhound

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
I had exactly the same issue this caused by still having old bootloader (no knox) if your using echoe rom, there is a work around available in the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app