How to Stop KitKat Update ....

Search This thread

vja4Him

Jan 16, 2011
I spoke with Samsung Technical Support and they told me there is no way to get rid of the KitKat Update that I already downloaded to my Note 3. The Update is NOT yet Installed .....

I've been getting Notifications asking me if I want to Update or Postpone. I have been postponing the Update, but now I can no longer Postpone the Update.

Is there a way to get rid of the Update File which I already downloaded to my Note 3, before it Automatically Updates .... or am I stuck with KitKat no matter what?

Tech Support told me to Backup whatever I can ..... I thought the Update was JellyBean. I did NOT want KitKat ... !!!

If I'm stuck with KitKat, how can I Backup third party apps, and also Backup Nova Launcher Prime Settings and TouchWiz Launcher Settings. I have spent a lot of time creating numerous folders with all my app, and even Shortcuts. I hope I do not have to go back to the PlayStore and download so many Apps all over again ......

I have already moved all the Apps that I can to the SD card, but many Apps cannot be moved to the SD card.

Help .... !!!!!

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
I spoke with Samsung Technical Support and they told me there is no way to get rid of the KitKat Update that I already downloaded to my Note 3. The Update is NOT yet Installed .....

I've been getting Notifications asking me if I want to Update or Postpone. I have been postponing the Update, but now I can no longer Postpone the Update.

Is there a way to get rid of the Update File which I already downloaded to my Note 3, before it Automatically Updates .... or am I stuck with KitKat no matter what?

Tech Support told me to Backup whatever I can ..... I thought the Update was JellyBean. I did NOT want KitKat ... !!!

If I'm stuck with KitKat, how can I Backup third party apps, and also Backup Nova Launcher Prime Settings and TouchWiz Launcher Settings. I have spent a lot of time creating numerous folders with all my app, and even Shortcuts. I hope I do not have to go back to the PlayStore and download so many Apps all over again ......

I have already moved all the Apps that I can to the SD card, but many Apps cannot be moved to the SD card.

Help .... !!!!!

Where is the file located, I'm not sure either, but it should be somewhere inside internal SD card. If you can't find it, means they hide it under root access.
To be frank, Kitkat is not so bad and better than JB in my personal opinion. But yes, when you flash Kitkat from Jb, you sure will loose all the apps & data inside internal SD. Because it will require you to do full wipe / factory reset after flashing. Eventhough it never wipe/ask you to wipe, advisable to wipe them manually / factory reset manually from stock recovery after flashing is finished (this to avoid any problems which has reported by many users who never do full wipe / factory reset after upgrading to 4.4.2).

And to be frank, eventhough now you are moving your installed apps to sd card, there won't be any use, because after the full wipe which I mentioned above, all apps & data would be gone. You might still have the folders & files inside your sd card for those apps you move to sd card. But still you don't have the apps (apk which is stored under /system/apps). So you will still have to install it manually, and then do all the "setting" which you have mentioned earlier.

Good luck.

Reactions: vja4Him

vja4Him

Jan 16, 2011
I Unchecked Notifications in Google Services Framework, and so far have not received anymore KitKat Update Notifications ..... Maybe that will stop the Notifications? But will KitKat still automatically Install itself eventually?

So what is the purpose of Saving apps to the External SD card, if the apps will not be usable after updating? Will I have to download ALL those apps from the PlayStore all over again? If so, seems like there is no sense in wasting memory to Save apps to External SD card .....

What about all of my personal files, like my PDF files (Journals, Notes, Documents, Articles, Books), and all of my Images, Videos, Music that I have saved to my External SD card .... Will those still be accessible after updating?

Most popular apps have been updated to work with the SD. Stock all worked from day 1. Quickpic, es file explorer, diceplayer, winamp, vlc, mxplayer, etc, they all work as normal with the sd.

Also, apps can't write to the SD, reading from it is unaffected.

As for the apps currently installed there, you can move them back through settings>apps>sd>the apps with a green check are on the sd, tap one and hit move to internal storagr. No need to reinstall.

Best for the system is to keep apps internal and personal files external. To avoid any potential conflict with appfiles on non-updated apps, as well as when your phone dies all your data will be fine.

Send From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Using Tapatalk

Reactions: antique_sonic

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
You can stop the update!

First switch off automatic updates!

Next...
Go on App Info from the updater app over the notification bar, or search it in the application manager.
Clear cache and data, then restart.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Help .... !!!!!

Where is the file located, I'm not sure either, but it should be somewhere inside internal SD card. If you can't find it, means they hide it under root access.
    To be frank, Kitkat is not so bad and better than JB in my personal opinion. But yes, when you flash Kitkat from Jb, you sure will loose all the apps & data inside internal SD. Because it will require you to do full wipe / factory reset after flashing. Eventhough it never wipe/ask you to wipe, advisable to wipe them manually / factory reset manually from stock recovery after flashing is finished (this to avoid any problems which has reported by many users who never do full wipe / factory reset after upgrading to 4.4.2).

And to be frank, eventhough now you are moving your installed apps to sd card, there won't be any use, because after the full wipe which I mentioned above, all apps & data would be gone. You might still have the folders & files inside your sd card for those apps you move to sd card. But still you don't have the apps (apk which is stored under /system/apps). So you will still have to install it manually, and then do all the "setting" which you have mentioned earlier.

Good luck.
    I see you aren't rooted. If you were, you could just freeze/remove the updater. Maybe something to consider? I never updated to the kitkat as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 beast of a phone.
    Factory reset via stock recovery?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Most popular apps have been updated to work with the SD. Stock all worked from day 1. Quickpic, es file explorer, diceplayer, winamp, vlc, mxplayer, etc, they all work as normal with the sd.

Also, apps can't write to the SD, reading from it is unaffected.

As for the apps currently installed there, you can move them back through settings>apps>sd>the apps with a green check are on the sd, tap one and hit move to internal storagr. No need to reinstall.

Best for the system is to keep apps internal and personal files external. To avoid any potential conflict with appfiles on non-updated apps, as well as when your phone dies all your data will be fine.

Send From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Using Tapatalk