[Q] Buy from the US ???

Search This thread

cm016v

Apr 5, 2014
I live in the UK and am on a Vodafone contact, I am planning to buy the S5 when it is released here. However I am off to New York in a few weeks and looking at the US unlocked pricing I can save myself over £100.

Is the US and UK phone exactly the same as I know previous models were different and will it work with my sim ?

chelsea.tone

Dec 7, 2009
Birmingham
I live in the UK and am on a Vodafone contact, I am planning to buy the S5 when it is released here. However I am off to New York in a few weeks and looking at the US unlocked pricing I can save myself over £100.

Is the US and UK phone exactly the same as I know previous models were different and will it work with my sim ?

Think the LTE bands may be different. Best to wait til they're released to check specs of both.

jodvova

Oct 2, 2012
London

Any US model won't work on LTE in the UK or EU. Only 3G will be working.

However, you can easily buy international version of S5 in the US cheaper than in the UK and it will work on LTE in the UK.
International version are SM-G900F or H.

hemander

Feb 5, 2014

Try here : http://www.voloxcellular.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=samsung+s5
Or you can go to their store so that you will be able to ask everything you wanna know. :fingers-crossed:

cm016v

Apr 5, 2014
Many thanks for all your replies, I will be sure to go to the store and even try my sim before i buy.