[Q] Device not rotating screen sometimes, anyone else?

Search This thread

davexd97

Jun 16, 2013
Sometimes it's all fine and suddenly after i watch a video or play a game in landscape it stops rotating the screen, sometimes i just have to turn the screen off and back on and it gets back to normal, other times i really need to reboot to make it work again! I am on stock rooted 4.4.3 with glitch kernel , has this happened to anyone else but me?
And this isn't the only problem i've been having with my nexus 7, sometimes the screen gets totally unresponsive and i have to reboot or just like it happened today for the 1st time the screen wouldnt even turn on, my alarm was playing and i had to long press power button to shut it down.. I dont know if it's because of the kernel or if this is some kind of a bug..
Any help would be really appreciated :good:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Sometimes it's all fine and suddenly after i watch a video or play a game in landscape it stops rotating the screen, sometimes i just have to turn the screen off and back on and it gets back to normal, other times i really need to reboot to make it work again! I am on stock rooted 4.4.3 with glitch kernel , has this happened to anyone else but me?
And this isn't the only problem i've been having with my nexus 7, sometimes the screen gets totally unresponsive and i have to reboot or just like it happened today for the 1st time the screen wouldnt even turn on, my alarm was playing and i had to long press power button to shut it down.. I dont know if it's because of the kernel or if this is some kind of a bug..
Any help would be really appreciated :good:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2777280

davexd97

Jun 16, 2013
it seems like there's no real solution for this, I can't remove and connect again the battery as the other user in that thread did. I use an app to force rotate but it's not a good option..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

juliatan

Nov 6, 2012
In case someone still reads this topic. I had a rotation problem almost since beginning with my Nexus 7-13. Most of the time forced to use 3rd party app to force rotation without auto rotation working.

After safe mode booting Nexus (push power button for reboot menu, long press shutdown in reboot menu, choose safe reboot) rotation works normal, so no hardware sensor failure, but a software/app problem causes rotation to stop working.

The app causes the problem in my case appeared to be Dashclock widget used for lockscreen. After removing dashclock widget out of lockscreen and reboot rotation works. Re-using Dashclock and rotation stops working again after sleep mode N7-13. Tried several times with same result. Now I use Chronus widget instead of Dashclock in lockscreen. Haven't had rotation problem in weeks while rotation didnot work 99% of time before.

Hope this helps others too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 (2013), iPad Mini Retina of Moto G Lte

Last edited: