[NIGHTLY][2.3.7][UPDATED 17/01] CyanogenMod 7.2 for Huawei U8150 [UNNOFFICIAL]

Would you like the text at the top or bottom of the boot animation?

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Bottom

Votes: 152 59.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Things I'd be looking for in a custom ROM ^^

PS - Thought I'd share a list of things I'd look for in a custom ROM ^^ ppl can add to it & devs. can take what they like from it maybe?

w/o stating the obvious it'll rooted of course :lol:

1. OC'ed - enough to make your jaw drop ^^ but not so much
that ph dies in a week :eek:
2. Fast Boot time - My IDEOS takes 3 times longer to boot
(usable - state) than my PC running Win 7 X64!!
3. Lag free (or very little lag) navigation
4. Theme-ing options from system settings... colors, icons, status
bar color, font(s) etc.
5. MicroSD friendly ^^ i.e. not needing to 'back up - format -
upload all my stuff' again :sigh:
6. Custom boot & splash screen images
7. Possible rooted apps - for:
*backing up
*blocking external data usage (adds etc.)
*quick booting options
*screen shot taking
*File managing
*Changing CPU speed (under clocking etc.)
*Apps2SD or enabler

(I wouldnt want to much other stuff on it... want to put my preferences back on with TBU)

8. Custom Walls & Live Walls (that don't lag)
9. Start Up sounds & Shut down sounds - that can be customised ^^ **(I come from Moto Modding backgroud - Where this
can be done)
10. **With NZ Vodafone branded moto ph's - contact ringtones worked for txt's as well i.e. when I received a txt from my 'mum' :lol:
her ringtone went off...I liked knowing who it was
... (maybe just a Moto thing)
11. Centered clock in status bar (another Moto hang up)
12. Swype or similar keyboard (I have SlideIT - it rox)

Just some ideas ^^ not sure if some of them are possible ;-P

As a former MP maker... I made them - (well it) :lol: primarily for myself... seeing as this is a group effort (devs. doing most of the hard yakka tho) I think they'd like some feedback/direction (maybe or maybe not)

As a relatively new Android modder/user these are some things I'd be looking for in a custom ROM

Regards,

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
busy I guess ^^

been reading round that other models had a start up sound (as such) was SD loading notification... wonder if a true start up/shut down sound(s) can be done?? (my Huawei has none)

rlaugh... what current custom ROM would you recommend to try (preferably bug free) ^^ think I could manage to flash a ROM w/o to much dismay :D

apart fromt the whole SD thing :eek: i.e. does partitioning wipe the SD?? Hav backed it up... so is ok

++ TB has limits in that when restoring apps that were on SD card... the system says theyre in ph, but when you try to move them to SD it = 'FAIL'??

TB can only fully restore system side apps??

Guess I'd have to back up apps... then just restore TB data rather than data+app ^^ & move them manually back to SD...

rlaugh0095

Mar 13, 2011
greer
hi rat guy :) i suggest fusionideos. its battery life is outstanding!!!!! like it had to double at least. (if it mostly stays asleep).....or did u mean our groups roms? if thats what you meant then idk cause i havnt had the chance to play with them.

Last edited:

rlaugh0095

Mar 13, 2011
greer
thanks for the link, it worked great! :) so anyway think there might be some links posted today? im ready to get to work for the group.

rlaugh0095

Mar 13, 2011
greer
hey no frownies, make brownies. for me that works out cause im in love with the new cyanogenmod update that marc posted, so now i have a little more time to play around with it. just relax, make sure any small fixes are made before release tomorrow, and bammo. when tommorow hits, then we can get the ball rolling.

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
FROYOMAN has been released with loads of great features. CYANOMAN based on the Cyanogen Mod Port will be released soon.

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
CYANOMAN has been released. GINGERMAN is in testing and will be released as soon as we can get at least phone functions working.

rlaugh0095

Mar 13, 2011
greer
wow great work you guys :) (pops open the champagne) wooohoooo!
so which should i try first? also, could you give details about what exactly the roms can and cant do.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been depreciated.

Please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456890 for the latest info and nightlies.

Accomplishments:
    -Overclocked Kernel by tilal6991
    -Stripped FROYO rom
    -Booting Gingerbread rom / AOSP & CYANOGEN

Dev Teams Rom V2 FROYO
    Newer base! ;)
    Please Update Git
    Ripped (So GAPPS package will be an option)

Change Log
    *ROOT
    *Rom Manager, File Manager, ADW launcher
    *Newer base from march
    *Nexus bootscreen

Removed
    *GAPPS
    *Launcher2
    All the changelogs and known issues are now at our new blog here!!!!!!!
    December 5th nightly (CyanogenMod 7.2)

Here's a new nightly, up to date with latest upstream CyanogenMod sources as of December 5, 2011. Also, I'm testing new libs in this build and I'd appreciate feedback. n00bs need not apply.

What's new/fixed:
    • Mounting the SD card over USB
    • Overclocking
    • Barcode Scanner works (using tilal's fix, of course)
    • ROM Manager 4.8.0.6
    • Kernel Supports ext3/ext4 (should fix link2sd problems)
    • I bet nobody read this, and will ask a million times if it supports overclocking... :)
    What's not fixed:
    • Camera still takes 2 megapixel pictures. This appears to be the maximum the U8150 camera hardware supports, information about the U8150's camera sensor. I can't explain why the stock firmware takes 3mp pictures, but it appears they're upscaling them, not taking "true" 3mp.
    • Audio is still distorted when it is very loud.

How to flash*:
    1. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 (instructions). UltraJack won't work.
    2. Do a nandroid backup from ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash update from sdcard
    5. Full reboot!
    6. Flash Google Apps from ClockworkMod Recovery (optional)

Download ROM: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-U8150-KANG-signed-dec5.zip (md5sum: 245615517569263c37364b0460425e6d)
    ClockworkMod Recovery: clockworkmod_5.0.2.7_u8150.img (md5sum: c59673d5aa926d94227857e51fbe9e2c)
    Google Apps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f)

*failure to follow instructions has been shown to result in baldness in both men AND women. Flash at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to backup your applications, settings, phone numbers, etc.

Beta testers should look out (and provide feedback) for:
    • I switched to CyanogenMod's libril, liblights, libcopybit rather than using local versions in our device tree. The reasoning was that if the local ones work as well as the CM ones, there is no need to complicate our device tree just because "it works." CyanogenMod's maintainers maintain/update the CM hardware libs, so we'll let them do it.
    • Audio. I switched to psyke83's libaudio. We are already using a local libaudio override in our device tree, but right now we're using one from tas0s U8120 build. From speaking to psyke I learned that his code is newer, and contains fixes from the CodeAurora Forum. We had tried his code before but it didn't compile because of an error in the FM-related ifdef logic. We fixed the compile bug last night and the audio seems to work no less better than the U8120 audio.

Have fun!
    January 17, 2012 Nightly

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it. ;)

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!