[Q] SOLVED - Rooted, uninstalled bloat apps, but apps come back after reboot

Search This thread

nemesis01

Dec 4, 2005
Hi,

my wife got her new HTC One with Vodafone-ROM. I rooted the phone (no new ROM, still using Vodafone-ROM), uninstalled the bloat-apps (Titanium Pro) and installed and activated AdAway. For the first look, everything works fine.
But after a reboot the boat-apps are back and AdAway is disabled again.:eek:

How can that be? What can I do? Could there be an "auto-install" function in the Vodafone-ROM? Do I have to install a custom ROM?

Thx Nem.

Last edited:

kamilmirza

Dec 4, 2011
OnePlus 6
Hi,

my wife got her new HTC One with Vodafone-ROM. I rooted the phone (no new ROM, still using Vodafone-ROM), uninstalled the bloat-apps (Titanium Pro) and installed and activated AdAway. For the first look, everything works fine.

How can that be? What can I do? Could there be an "auto-install" function in the Vodafone-ROM? Do I have to install a custom ROM?

Thx Nem.

it's because the stock kernels have write protection
flash custom kernel and you'll have it :)

Reactions: nemesis01

nemesis01

Dec 4, 2005
:D
With the new kernel (bulletproof) everything is working fine :p

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thx Nem.

it's because the stock kernels have write protection
    flash custom kernel and you'll have it :)