[App]Android Market 3.2.0

Search This thread

asimpatnaik

Aug 22, 2011
I have a Galaxy SL with XXKPH based Nexus Hybrid OS. I am not able to install the new Market. It changes the version of Market to 2.3.6 or something and when I download / update some app, it reinstalls Market 3.1.5.
Kindly let me know how to install Market 3.2.0.

febycv

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2011
Michigan
I have a Galaxy SL with XXKPH based Nexus Hybrid OS. I am not able to install the new Market. It changes the version of Market to 2.3.6 or something and when I download / update some app, it reinstalls Market 3.1.5.
Kindly let me know how to install Market 3.2.0.
Did you use the flashable zip file from the post????

asimpatnaik

Aug 22, 2011
No. I downloaded the apk file. Didn't try the flashable zip. Please let me know how to flash using the flashable zip? Hope I don't lose other data. Do I need to back up anything?

febycv

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2011
Michigan
No. I downloaded the apk file. Didn't try the flashable zip. Please let me know how to flash using the flashable zip? Hope I don't lose other data. Do I need to back up anything?
The flashable zip will replace the old market with the new one. you won't lose any other data.

But, if you are still in doubt, i suggest a Nandroid Backup before flashing.

asimpatnaik

Aug 22, 2011
Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately, I still have the same issue. I had cleared the cache & Dalvik cache and tried installing. But it still shows Market 2.3.6. After sometime, it updates automatically (not sure how :)) to 3.1.5 but not 3.2.
Am I doing something wrong?

jankoboys6

Apr 21, 2008
Unfortunately, I still have the same issue. I had cleared the cache & Dalvik cache and tried installing. But it still shows Market 2.3.6. After sometime, it updates automatically (not sure how :)) to 3.1.5 but not 3.2.
I believe you're having problems with the Market Updater process. The easiest way to fix is to root your phone if you already didn't and install Titanium Backup. When you have installed Titanium on the rooted phone I suggest you to do a Nandroid backup, just in case if you screw something up. With Titanium installed you go to the Backup/Restore tab and search for the "Market Updater" select it make a backup and then uninstall it (with this backup you can reinstall it in the future if needed). Use the apk or flash file from this thread of the market and you will get the new market which won't update itself any longer.

I don't know how much knowledge you have about Android or Linux terminal but it's also possible do all of this through terminal.

Last edited:

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK

This is because it's not the official update!

Has there been anyone who's been silently OTA updated to 3.2?? I've asked before, yet no one has said that they have.

sharkboy0901

Jun 15, 2011
I had to replace 2 apps with this apk to get it to work so paste vending.apk then set permissions then I saw a com.Android.vending so I had to also replace that one by renaming this apk to that name and pasting it in system app

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I had to replace 2 apps with this apk to get it to work so paste vending.apk then set permissions then I saw a com.Android.vending so I had to also replace that one by renaming this apk to that name and pasting it in system app

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ok, here's how that works:

When you first install a rom, all of the "system apps" are located in (surprise) the /system/app directory. Now, when one of those apps gets updated, the updated app is stored in the /data/app. They are stored under their package name there, and include a number suffix which corresponds to how many times it's been updated.

So if you had version 3.1.2 installed in your /system/app directory, then you would get an OTA update to 3.1.3 and it would be then installed as /data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk. Then the next update to 3.1.5 would be installed as /data/app/com.android.vending-2.apk.

Make sense?

Reactions: 3rdstring

asimpatnaik

Aug 22, 2011
Thanks. I will try it. I'm not very comfortable with Linux but looks like its absolutely necessary to learn it if I have to work on Android, which I intend to do :)

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

I uninstalled the Market Updater and flashed the zip in ClockworkMod Recovery mode. I still have Market 3.1.5.
Not sure where I am going wrong.

betty.k

Mar 23, 2009
Well, after initially promising results i've given up on the 3.x.x markets and gone back to 2.3.6. Now it's working perfectly, i don't understand why they updated a perfectly good market app with such a dog!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

e2zippo

Dec 28, 2009
Borlänge
Well, after initially promising results i've given up on the 3.x.x markets and gone back to 2.3.6. Now it's working perfectly, i don't understand why they updated a perfectly good market app with such a dog!

"Perfectly good"? You must be kidding right? It's painfully slow when loading, downloading works like 7/10 times which is unacceptable.

betty.k

Mar 23, 2009
2.3.6 worked fine for me. Only reason i had 3.1.5 was that it came with the custom rom i'm using. It was painfully slow if it worked at all and i hoped 3.2 was going to be an improvement but no joy.

So yes, compared to these new markets 2.3.6 was perfectly good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, just another Leak from the Nexus Prime aka Galaxy Nexus that means it is also from Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

The Android market got updated to version 3.2.0. You can download the apk from the attachment below.

For those who use AOSP Roms like CyanogenMod 7.1 or MIUI, try flashing the new google apps, if this didn't work out well for you.

screen_20111009_2212-340x600.png
    screen_20111009_2212_1-340x600.png

Noticeable Changes:

* New UI For Phones & Tablets

* Faster / Fixed Download bug

Procedure to install via CWM Recovery

According to popular requests, I made a flashable version of the new Market 3.2.0. This will solve all the installation issues.

1. Download the Flashable zip file here.

2. Do a Nandroid Backup.

3. Reboot into Recovery & Flash the zip.

4. Now reboot & enjoy.......:D

Procedure to install via Root Explorer Method

1. Download the apk file from the attachment to your sd card.

2. Now using Root explorer, go to /system/app

3. Mount the system to r/w.

4. Now search for Vending.apk & rename it to Vending.apk1

5. Copy the file you just downloded to /system/app

6. Now press & hold the app and select Permissions

7. Select only the options given below. Now REBOOT & enjoy.....:)

vending-permissions.png

The original file you see in /system/app is Vending.apk it has to be renamed. Don't mix it up with the attachment below, since the name is same for both.
    Reserved........
    Installed, but my Market looks exactly the same as before, and nothing like the SS on the first post ):

Says 3.2.0 but don't see anything different.
    hi,
    is this market slow like 3.1.5 or is the speed bug corrected?
    thx

Feels the same to me.

Sent from pure meXdroidRom!!
    I can't access Mediafire...is it down? My Browsers (Chrome & Firefox) can't find it...please upload it elsewhere, thanks.
    There is some problem with mediafire. Download the file from my post in the myTouch 4G section.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1297044