[HOW TO] modding touchscreen drivers on allwinner a13 JB ROM 4.1.1

Search This thread

Inside 4ndroid

Dec 13, 2012
UK
i4studio.co.uk
Soooo you got yourself a cheapo allwinner a13 clone and now you have a big problem you cant find the firmware for you device and now nothing works... Well here is a custom JB 4.1.1 ROM and all the touchscreen drivers i can find (with adb scripts) so you can "install" your touchscreen driver your self...

EDIT: NEW FAAST JB 4.2.2 ROM V2.5 WITH EXTRA DRIVERS (I RECOMMEND USING THIS NEW ROM ITS ACE)

EDIT: I have developed a new tool for the allwinner a13 to carry out most tasks involving editing scripts, touchscreen parameters and fixes etc.. you can find it HERE

PLEASE DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK I AM ALSO UNSURE HOW MANY OR WHICH A13 CLONES THE ROM WILL RUN ON BUT IF YOU GET IT THE ROM BOOTED UP THEN EVERYTHING ELSE HERE WILL WORK IF DONE CORRCTLY..

How To:

Download the ported jellybean rom 4.1.1 for the a13, now if the rom will boot up on your device then all we need to do is inject the drivers correctly. I will refer to the word "touchscreen" with the letters "TS"

1.Download the ROM: PORTED JB-4.1.1 by Toxicro @ Techknow Forum
2. Flash ROM with Livesuit
2. Wait for tablet to boot and load
3. Connect your tablet to PC, don't run ADB
4. Extract the contents of the TS driver .zip to the directory where you have adb.exe
5. Run the run.bat which came with the TS driver (make sure to run as administrator)
6. After press any key dialog the tablet reboot
7. When the tablet has rebooted if you install terminal emulator from gplay and type lsmod this will verify that the driver was injected and loaded correctly.

if you still have non responsive touch screen then you have the wrong driver or the driver was not injected correctly.

TOUCHSCREEN DRIVER DOWNLOADS

- gt828_ts.ko+mc32x0.ko
- gt828_ts.ko+mxc622x.ko
- gt811_ts.ko
- gt811_ts.ko+dmard06.ko
- gsl1680.ko
- gsl1680.ko+dmard06.ko
- gslx680.ko
- gslx680.ko+mxc622x.ko
- ssd253x-ts.ko
- ssd253x-ts.ko+dmard06.ko
- goodix_touch.ko
- zet6221.ko
- zet622x.ko
- ft5x_ts.ko
- ft5x_ts.ko
- ekt3632.ko aka elan
- ekt3632.ko aka elan - if the upper one was shifted
- ft5x_ts, goodix_touch, ssd253x-ts, zet622x, byd693x-ts, gt82x, gt811, pixcir_cxx, gslx680, st1536_ts, elan_ts + mxc622x

CAMERA DRIVER DOWNLOADS

Recently there were some camera driver problems and thanks to ninoreyes2002 @ XDA you can now inject the camera .ko files here is the link to the camera drivers...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kbcybee5xvxstyn/android_camera_drivers.rar

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON AND DONT JUST SAY IT... THANKS :)

Credits
Toxicro @ Techknow Forum
ninoreyes2002 @ XDA (for the camera drivers)​

Last edited:

freeweber

Sep 30, 2007
Very thanks man, you solved my problem.

Thank for your job an your research...

Freeweber

PS: I hit the "THANKS" button

Last edited:
Reactions: madcows

bryella

Jul 21, 2012
this is what i'm looking for! thank you pal, i hope this will solve my inverted touchscreen.

Ilithis

Mar 12, 2013
G-sensor Not Working

I was wondering maybe someone if someone here can create a driver set with ft5x_ts (touchscreen), dmard06 (g-sensor), and mma7660 (g-sensor). I used this ROM and got the touchscreen working with the final multiple touchscreen driver link, but the g-sensor didn't work because it uses mxc622x.

Or instead of just giving a driver set to me, help me create it so that I can produce my own later. Kinda like instead of giving me a fish, show me how to fish.

shaarky

Dec 1, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
Excellent, working on Manta MID08S , working driver gslx680, thank you ! ;)
*update* so flagadajonesFullModded seems to be better

Last edited:

denva

Jun 25, 2011
Accra Ghana
Can someone help me here ,My device is Allwinner A13, i have installed drivers correctly but Program ''PhoenixUSBPro'' or ''LiveSuit1.09'' not detecting my device so i cant flash this rom. Need help flashing with this rom
Thnx in Advance

Inside 4ndroid

Dec 13, 2012
UK
i4studio.co.uk
Can someone help me here ,My device is Allwinner A13, i have installed drivers correctly but Program ''PhoenixUSBPro'' or ''LiveSuit1.09'' not detecting my device so i cant flash this rom. Need help flashing with this rom
Thnx in Advance

do you have usb debugging enabled (if the device is bootable?) also if you are using any windows apart from xp you must run everything with adminstrator priveliges... oh and you must make sure android sdk is installed correctly....

people have had this problem before and has been solved severel times simply because some people forget simple things (not saying you are one of them) but double check everything there is a whole thread on it here >> http://596669.xobor.com/f26-How-to-Fix-Touchscreen-Allwinner-A.html
you will have to sign up which is free to view the content...

any problems let me know...
an if i helped please dont say thanks just hit the button :p

denva

Jun 25, 2011
Accra Ghana
do you have usb debugging enabled (if the device is bootable?) also if you are using any windows apart from xp you must run everything with adminstrator priveliges... oh and you must make sure android sdk is installed correctly....

people have had this problem before and has been solved severel times simply because some people forget simple things (not saying you are one of them) but double check everything there is a whole thread on it here >> http://596669.xobor.com/f26-How-to-Fix-Touchscreen-Allwinner-A.html
you will have to sign up which is free to view the content...

any problems let me know...
an if i helped please dont say thanks just hit the button :p
Sir thank you very much. But am talking about Flashing The Jelly Bean 4.1.1 not the TS

forbiddenera

Jun 12, 2007
Seems like the first driver restored touch on my tab which is a HIPSTREET FLARE 4GB (a13), thanks. As soon as I can find the thanks button I will click it (silly me, I'm a computer programmer and I can't find it, haha)

EDIT : For some reason the buttons weren't rendering on page 1 of this thread, after a refresh they did appear though. I thanks.

But seriously if it wasn't for you, other people on these forums and techknow, I'd be screwed.

Runing faastjb / stock now, I really want to do a cyanogen 10 but.. in the state of the community for these tablets, essentially it seems like I have to go with 9 and hope it works or do it myself.

This tablet isn't mine (though it may become mine) and if it does expect that I will be hacking along side you guys.

My Devices:
HTC One V
Google Nexus S (borrowed)
Hipstreet Flare (borrowed may keep)
iPhone 4 (x2)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Soooo you got yourself a cheapo allwinner a13 clone and now you have a big problem you cant find the firmware for you device and now nothing works... Well here is a custom JB 4.1.1 ROM and all the touchscreen drivers i can find (with adb scripts) so you can "install" your touchscreen driver your self...

EDIT: NEW FAAST JB 4.2.2 ROM V2.5 WITH EXTRA DRIVERS (I RECOMMEND USING THIS NEW ROM ITS ACE)

EDIT: I have developed a new tool for the allwinner a13 to carry out most tasks involving editing scripts, touchscreen parameters and fixes etc.. you can find it HERE

PLEASE DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK I AM ALSO UNSURE HOW MANY OR WHICH A13 CLONES THE ROM WILL RUN ON BUT IF YOU GET IT THE ROM BOOTED UP THEN EVERYTHING ELSE HERE WILL WORK IF DONE CORRCTLY..

How To:

Download the ported jellybean rom 4.1.1 for the a13, now if the rom will boot up on your device then all we need to do is inject the drivers correctly. I will refer to the word "touchscreen" with the letters "TS"

1.Download the ROM: PORTED JB-4.1.1 by Toxicro @ Techknow Forum
    2. Flash ROM with Livesuit
    2. Wait for tablet to boot and load
    3. Connect your tablet to PC, don't run ADB
    4. Extract the contents of the TS driver .zip to the directory where you have adb.exe
    5. Run the run.bat which came with the TS driver (make sure to run as administrator)
    6. After press any key dialog the tablet reboot
    7. When the tablet has rebooted if you install terminal emulator from gplay and type lsmod this will verify that the driver was injected and loaded correctly.

if you still have non responsive touch screen then you have the wrong driver or the driver was not injected correctly.

TOUCHSCREEN DRIVER DOWNLOADS

- gt828_ts.ko+mc32x0.ko
    - gt828_ts.ko+mxc622x.ko
    - gt811_ts.ko
    - gt811_ts.ko+dmard06.ko
    - gsl1680.ko
    - gsl1680.ko+dmard06.ko
    - gslx680.ko
    - gslx680.ko+mxc622x.ko
    - ssd253x-ts.ko
    - ssd253x-ts.ko+dmard06.ko
    - goodix_touch.ko
    - zet6221.ko
    - zet622x.ko
    - ft5x_ts.ko
    - ft5x_ts.ko
    - ekt3632.ko aka elan
    - ekt3632.ko aka elan - if the upper one was shifted
    - ft5x_ts, goodix_touch, ssd253x-ts, zet622x, byd693x-ts, gt82x, gt811, pixcir_cxx, gslx680, st1536_ts, elan_ts + mxc622x

CAMERA DRIVER DOWNLOADS

Recently there were some camera driver problems and thanks to ninoreyes2002 @ XDA you can now inject the camera .ko files here is the link to the camera drivers...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kbcybee5xvxstyn/android_camera_drivers.rar

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON AND DONT JUST SAY IT... THANKS :)

Credits
    Toxicro @ Techknow Forum
    ninoreyes2002 @ XDA (for the camera drivers)​
    Remove only direct links you can leave the text is np.
    I want to redirect to direct link thread - http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0
    Hi,

Please remove all direct links and put the thread link.

Thanks
    I was wondering maybe someone if someone here can create a driver set with ft5x_ts (touchscreen), dmard06 (g-sensor), and mma7660 (g-sensor). I used this ROM and got the touchscreen working with the final multiple touchscreen driver link, but the g-sensor didn't work because it uses mxc622x.

Or instead of just giving a driver set to me, help me create it so that I can produce my own later. Kinda like instead of giving me a fish, show me how to fish.

To do this you will likely need the driver from a working ROM usually located in /system/vendor/modules , the sensors.exDroid.so located in /system/lib/hw and possibly a gsensor.cfg file from /system/usr ... if it does not exist you may need to make one.... I will post an example of the contents... use whichever compatibility mod you got your TS working with and edit the setupsensors.sh (either in linux or with Notepad ++ cannot edit with regular notepad ... wont work properly) change the insmod line at the beginning of the file to match your gsensor driver...

NOTE: I recommend you check the ROM /system/vendor/modules file first... it may already have your driver just not active by default.

If you are using FaastJB there is a new version out based on JB 4.2.2 ... do a search on it

I have made my own ROM based on the same JB 4.2.2 as FaastJB V2 is based on and it is compatible with the FaastJB V2 Compatibility Patches (With the permission of the author of FaastJB}

My mod is here http://www.4shared.com/archive/bmZdzDuG/CookedROM_JB_422_v12.html
    Compatability Mods currently converted from FaastJB v1 : http://www.4shared.com/dir/snrY5LKs/Compatability.html

it is a work in progress but fully functional. It is not Rooted By default, however if you boot into CWM (go to the settings / Backup & Reset / Recovery) once recovery loads just select reboot and you will get an option to root, select yes and you have root.
    My ROM also has init.d in the boot.img but again inactive (dont have full busybox onnit I am having issues with busybox full by default and as soon as I work them out I will release an update) just install Busybox using the included app and it should be working afterwards. Other features are included as well such as CWM Modified to work properly with JB 4.2 about 90% tested. I removed junk added a cuppla apps
    including supersu and Busybox Installer.

I Hope the instructions helped or if you prefer the Rom's I hope one works for you

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Thanks very much i know this have been a really tiring process for me lol, yeah once i reach work later ill zip them up and provide a link to where i uploaded them.

You could also Load a Firmware in which the Dual Camera is working and Pull the scrip.bin file from it convert it to fex (someone mentioned
    Uberizer it can do this)

Next do the same with the Rom that is not working im assuming FaastJB.

Edit the csi section in the non working script.fex to match the csi section in the working Rom (I usually just select the entire section from the
    working rom and paste it into the non woking Rom replacing the entire section)

Editing of the fex should Not be done with Notepad or Wordpad etc... use something like Noptepad ++ or a Linux based editor. Once the file is
    edited reconvert to .bin and re-insert the Modded file into the Non Working rom (again Uberizer can do this).

Then you could use a script to insmod the drivers.. In addition to the drivers you will likely need the /system/etc/camera.cfg from the working
    ROM and the appropriate /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.camera.xxxxxxxx.xml files (there could be several based on the options
    your camera has... they will all be present in whatever rom worked for your TAB best would be your stock Rom....

There are generally no issues with kernel compatibility from Rom to Rom (ICS+) for these TAB's as virtually all of them that I have seen (Lots)
    use kernel version 3.0.8 + I believe they all use the same sources. In any case I have not yet had any issues with driver compatibility....

Also of note is there is a new version of this ROM out based on JB 4.2.2 It has a different Base ROM and supports different hardware by
    default, the author has added the same support for multiple TS and G-sensors using the same method...

I have a ROM out as well based on the same Base ROM and utilizing the same methods for changing the G-sensor and TS drivers (with
    permission from Toxicro author of FaastJB) The same compatibility Patches can be used on My Rom as are used in FaastJB V2 (V1 patches
    dont work, different Rom Base)

My Rom is linked in my last post, I cant link the New FaastJB Rom as it would violate the rules... you should be able to locate it if you google
    FaastJB V2. I recommend checking out Both Roms They Both have merits and are about the only thing around to bring JB 4.2.2 to multiple A13 devices.

If you do use one of the JB 4.2.2 Options and still have camera issues you can use the same method for editing the script.bin but additionally
    you would want to edit the cameras list para placing a 1 beside the camera driver of your camera (matching whatever was in the csi section for
    the cameras. If the driver was present in the Rom already then this could make it work for you... these roms already have the camera.front
    camera.auto-focus and the camera xml files in permissions you would only need to add any that are present in the working camera Rom and
    Not listed.

If you have any problems Following my rambling just PM me or post here and I will try and help if I can.
    Thanks
    none of the drivers work. Do i do something wrong? My tablet is MID-756. Before the new ROM had nuclear_et-eng 4.2.2 jdq39 20140613 test-keys. I tried every TS. When I install single TS module it reboots and it stucks at bootlogo but when I install multitouch module it reboots normally but the touch doesn't work. Any ideas?

I don't know what to suggest apart from using a USB mouse an otg cable to insmod each driver manually... Also I had a problem tablet like this a few weeks ago And after installing a driver I had to reflash the ROM before trying the next and so on and it worked for me.., I believe if you install for example 3 different modules after each reboot they mess with each other causing them not to work...

So try flashing ROM then a module and test if it don't work flash the ROM again and test the next one and so on...