[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][kagura] TWRP 3.1.1-0 touch recovery [2016-10-08]

Search This thread

AndroPlus

Mar 13, 2013
Kyoto
androplus.org
Lenovo P11
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
PVVWkf9.png
Lei7hqO.png

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:
-Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
-Add Greek translation to some builds.

Note: As always, be sure your custom theme is up to date (or remove your custom theme) before updating TWRP.

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won’t prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won’t try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don’t take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.

This new version also marks our first set of full builds using our new jenkins build server. You can track the progress of builds at https://jenkins.twrp.me and we have taken additional steps to make it easier for device maintainers to step up and submit patches to our gerrit server at https://gerrit.twrp.me to help us keep devices up to date and working.

DOWNLOAD:
Device specific page including instructions for a manual install
Download links for current and past versions of TWRP

Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
2) Reboot to TWRP
3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
[kagura] TWRP 3.1.1-0 touch recovery, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia XZ

Contributors
AndroPlus
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_sony_kagura

Version Information

Created 2016-10-08
Last Updated 2017-08-28

Gkstates

Nov 29, 2014
Can someone post a detailed instruction please? I followed the TWRP instructions but kept getting stuck on "waiting for devices" on fastboot. I tried several different drivers suggested in other threads but none worked for me

paulle

Nov 1, 2010
@AndroPlus, please maybe you can give some hint. I unlocked the bootloader (worked), when I installed TWRP with fastboot and the installation seemed to be sucessful, but I cant boot into TWRP. During boot I'm pressing vol+, but nothing happens. Even the LED shows no light during boot. What I did wrong or what can I do to boot into TWRP?

edit: problem solved I installed your kernel with: sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
and now I can boot into TWRP and LED during boot shows light. Seems to be a really great kernel.

Last edited:

AndroPlus

Mar 13, 2013
Kyoto
androplus.org
Lenovo P11
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
@AndroPlus, please maybe you can give some hint. I unlocked the bootloader (worked), when I installed TWRP with fastboot and the installation seemed to be sucessful, but I cant boot into TWRP. During boot I'm pressing vol+, but nothing happens. Even the LED shows no light during boot. What I did wrong or what can I do to boot into TWRP?

1. Turn your device off.
2. At the same time, press the Power button and Volume down until your device vibrates.
3. Quickly release the Power button, but keep pressing Volume down (5 sec or more).

Reactions: xfri and paulle

hanaheeno

Oct 11, 2008
Jeddah
Thanks a lot for your great amazing efforts @AndroPlus, is there any need to unlock the bootloader prior to rooting or flashing TWRP? And if yes, is it simply booting into fastboot and running the command "fastboot oem unlock" or enabling it from the Developer Options?

AndroPlus

Mar 13, 2013
Kyoto
androplus.org
Lenovo P11
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Thanks a lot for your great amazing efforts @AndroPlus, is there any need to unlock the bootloader prior to rooting or flashing TWRP? And if yes, is it simply booting into fastboot and running the command "fastboot oem unlock" or enabling it from the Developer Options?
You have to enable oem unlock in developer options and run "fastboot oem unlock", then flash my custom kernel.
Because of strict security, we have to edit kernel to disable sony_ric and dm-verity to root if you want to custom /system.
If you can use system-less SuperSU you don't need to flash custom kernel.

Reactions: hanaheeno

ojessie

Jan 28, 2009
IBK
Lenovo P11
Restore bug?

I just restored my backup and IMEI was gone. So the backup as such works fine besides the IMEI. Consequently I couldn't connect to the mobile network. I had to flashtool the original rom and restart the whole process.

Anyone else experienced such a problem?

Klaus N.

Oct 14, 2012
Nuremberg
I've repacked the 250 stock kernel with everything (except twrp, indeed). I use your recovery, and it works fine so far. But from system, I can't boot into twrp directly (e. g. from Titanium Backup or NeoPowerMenu).

For any help thanks in advance!

Last edited:

drakegao

Aug 29, 2010
Hi, I flashed the twrp.img, but when I tried wipe or install rom to xperia XZ, I got can't unmount system, 'device or resource busy' error. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks

Last edited:

Ychotholot

Nov 15, 2016
No boot in recovery

Problem: Unlock done and OK, flashed TWRP and OK. But I cannot boot in TWRP. Not with buttons, not with adb. I see only the message, that my device is unlocked.... The LED ist dark.
Today I flashed the kernel v4 and Ok, flashed TWRP again and ok, same result. No boot in recovery. Only the f***in message that my device is unlocked, Firmware is..... . 260 and a German xz single Sim.
Any Idea? Sorry for my poor English.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    PVVWkf9.png
    Lei7hqO.png

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:
    -Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    -Add Greek translation to some builds.

Note: As always, be sure your custom theme is up to date (or remove your custom theme) before updating TWRP.

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won’t prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won’t try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don’t take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.

This new version also marks our first set of full builds using our new jenkins build server. You can track the progress of builds at https://jenkins.twrp.me and we have taken additional steps to make it easier for device maintainers to step up and submit patches to our gerrit server at https://gerrit.twrp.me to help us keep devices up to date and working.

DOWNLOAD:
    Device specific page including instructions for a manual install
    Download links for current and past versions of TWRP

Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
    1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
    2) Reboot to TWRP
    3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
    4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [kagura] TWRP 3.1.1-0 touch recovery, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia XZ

Contributors
    AndroPlus
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_sony_kagura

Version Information

Created 2016-10-08
    Last Updated 2017-08-28
    Now it's official!:eek:
    XZ TWRP v3.2.3.0 has been released
    https://dl.twrp.me/kagura/

1. Turn your device off.
    2. At the same time, press the Power button and Volume down until your device vibrates.
    3. Quickly release the Power button, but keep pressing Volume down (5 sec or more).
    A little hint: There's already a fully working TWRP 3.1.0 for the XZ. Just take a look inside that thread, there's a link in the op (Installation section) ;)